Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 04:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You first!
Robert Evans.

You get to guess which category he gets put in.

(Please tell me you know who Robert Evans is. )

Old 07-14-2011, 04:49 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,200,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
hulu+ has all seasons so I added it to our queue. My son had added Alphas already. I'm assuming you guys also watch Fringe. That show lost me a bit at the end of last season. I didn't really like where they were going.

I had not heard about the murder. I watched the news this morning. I'll have to go look for that.
I can't watch Fringe. I tried twice, a couple of seasons back, and both episodes gave me nightmares.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:53 PM

13,441 posts, read 9,968,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Robert Evans.

You get to guess which category he gets put in.

(Please tell me you know who Robert Evans is. )
Oh, but of course. Did you ever see the animated "The Kid Stays In The Picture" with Slash? And the maid? Absolutely hysterical. I'm gonna have to dig that up on Youtube.

I have a feeling I would have loved hanging out with him when I was drinking, now - not so much.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:54 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,200,095 times
Quote:

I have a Billy Corgan story. A friend and I were in NY, and we had arranged to meet a guy friend of ours in a bar. This guy friend was really tall, and bald. So we get to the establishment, and it's really dark. I see my friend at the bar, and go running over and give him a thump on the back and a big bear hug, and say something (I forget what, exactly but probably something very inappropriate).

You all know where this is headed. The guy turns around, all PO'd, and it wasn't my friend, of course, it was Billy Corgan. And he wasn't happy. And if you've ever gone up to a rock star and said "oh I'm really sorry, I thought you were someone else" ... well you know they think you're just full of it.

I never did like him. Dude has no sense of humor.
LMAO! He'd probably be even more PO'd if he knew that was really the case.

How do people recognize celebrities on the street? I'd be walking past Jon Stewart or somebody in the grocery and thinking, "wow, that guy looks familiar...wonder if he's one of the other band parents?"
Apparently for years John Travolta and I frequented the same Chinese restaurant-- and you'd think he'd be recognizable, of all people. But you couldn't prove it by me.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Oh, but of course. Did you ever see the animated "The Kid Stays In The Picture" with Slash? And the maid? Absolutely hysterical. I'm gonna have to dig that up on Youtube.

I have a feeling I would have loved hanging out with him when I was drinking, now - not so much.
OK You get my Robert Evans story. He was, when this occured, the most powerful man in Hollywood. I was sitting next to him at a party. I was three months pregnant and sicker than a dog. I asked him to please put his cigar out. (DH grabbed his heart and had this look that said, "I will never again be employed!" Absolutely stricken.)

My good friend Bob looked at me, smiled and said, "Anything you want, doll."

Yes he did.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
OK You get my Robert Evans story. He was, when this occured, the most powerful man in Hollywood. I was sitting next to him at a party. I was three months pregnant and sicker than a dog. I asked him to please put his cigar out. (DH grabbed his heart and had this look that said, "I will never again be employed!" Absolutely stricken.)

My good friend Bob looked at me, smiled and said, "Anything you want, doll."

Yes he did.
Awww. Anybody that has that kind of self deprecating humor, and acts like a gentleman, is ok in my book.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
LMAO! He'd probably be even more PO'd if he knew that was really the case.
Exactly. Like Ewag said, he's not the only tall bald guy on the planet. (Well he is in his own mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aconite View Post
How do people recognize celebrities on the street? I'd be walking past Jon Stewart or somebody in the grocery and thinking, "wow, that guy looks familiar...wonder if he's one of the other band parents?"
Apparently for years John Travolta and I frequented the same Chinese restaurant-- and you'd think he'd be recognizable, of all people. But you couldn't prove it by me.
I know, I've done that a bunch of times. You do the old "I really know them from somewhere, do they live in my apartment building?" thing in your head, until you catch on.

One person I didn't have any trouble recognizing was Lily Tomlin, driving a convertible in the next lane down Wilshire Blvd. Hard to mistake her for Billy Corgan.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:29 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,575,901 times
Ewww, Billy Corgan does indeed sound like a douche.

As for angry music, love it. Most of my favorite angry songs are not sung in English, such as anything by Rammstein, and lots of African stuff. MM - The Beautiful People is also good for me when I am pissed.

I vowed I wouldn't do it, but have spent the last 2 afternoons at the pool tiring out the spawn. Seems to be working.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:31 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,960,237 times
Awwww....I wish I had a famous person story to tell

Sadly, my life is pretty boring.

What I find weird is seeing someone our of context. Like seeing the checker from the grocery store who has worked there for years, being a regular person, shopping at Target. Or your kids teacher at a restaurant.

Perhaps I have had brushes with famous people and just never recognized them.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:34 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,906,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post

As for angry music, love it. Most of my favorite angry songs are not sung in English, such as anything by Rammstein, and lots of African stuff. MM - The Beautiful People is also good for me when I am pissed.
Ah, I may need some recs! I do, however, have a giant library of angry chick music (a la riot grrrls era) - Bikini Kill, anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.