Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2011, 07:03 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,485,720 times

Advertisements

Ew....that's too bad for DH.....with everything going on, I'm sure he hates to be traveling....I know you are SO ready for all the new carpet etc....that is such a good feeling! Have you been heating/icing your back? I think after the initial injury period, alternating heat and ice is the recommendation....I know cold packs really helped my wrist/hand last time. That and wearing one of those wrist-guards you buy at the drugstore for carpal tunnel....it took about 2 weeks for my wrist to feel normal again. But at least it did. No trouble since then.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
How was the Hawiian food at the new place Dew?
Enjoyable!

Not as enjoyable as my day of vacuuming, however. We got a Dyson! I saw the Target ad this morning and they were on sale. Mentioned it to DH and he said, "Sounds good!"

Woo-hoo! (I'm very sure, however, my enthusiasm will wear off quickly, lol.)

Old 06-19-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
pretty low key day here. We started out with a couple cranky kids at lunch. Thankfully that improved. DH worked on his car this afternoon.

We figured out why our lawn and plants look so bad this year. We caught a bunny feasting on a plant in the front yard, and noticed droppings in all the dead lawn spots. This is my 5th summer here. Up until now I haven't minded the bunnies. Now I see why people think of them as pests. I wonder if they are worse this year for some reason.
Yep...that's what my yard looks like. Especially the backyard where Macie does her thing....female dog= dead spots in law= bunny droppings....We've finally given up.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:07 PM

Enjoy your new toy Dew! LOL.....funny how even mundane things get exciting when something new is involved isn't it. Although honestly, I find vacuuming very rewarding. Instant gratification without much input involved....

All my friends swear by their Dysons so I'll be anxious to get the "Dew Review".....

Old 06-19-2011, 07:08 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,907,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Enjoyable!

Not as enjoyable as my day of vacuuming, however. We got a Dyson! I saw the Target ad this morning and they were on sale. Mentioned it to DH and he said, "Sounds good!"

Woo-hoo! (I'm very sure, however, my enthusiasm will wear off quickly, lol.)
Woo-hoo! That's great! I love our Dyson! Which one did you get? We have the pet one for all the critter fur around, although I love the look of the swivel ball ones, too. I think I may have a vacuum cleaner obsession.....

Old 06-19-2011, 07:13 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,217,798 times
We got the Dyson Ball (Purple) Animal. (That's what it says on the box.) Not only does it pick up the cat hair it get the little bits of (ugg) litter that they carry around on their paws and track everywhere. (Worst part of owning indoor cats.)

And I can use it and not sneeze. That is SUCH a blessing. Normally I'm good for 5 minutes then the dust does me in. I'm very thankful we were able to get it.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:
We got the Dyson Ball (Purple) Animal. (That's what it says on the box.) Not only does it pick up the cat hair it get the little bits of (ugg) litter that they carry around on their paws and track everywhere. (Worst part of owning indoor cats.)

And I can use it and not sneeze. That is SUCH a blessing. Normally I'm good for 5 minutes then the dust does me in. I'm very thankful we were able to get it.
How nice! I'm very fortunate with my allergies....I actually have to touch the cat to have a reaction...and my seasonal allergies are kind of hit and miss. Some years they are terrible (more so when I was younger) and then I can go for years in between without anything bothering me. This year - no problems so far (although lately I tend more toward August/September allergies - weeds more than pollen)...DH never had allergies until last year...and he wasn't ever particularly understanding since he had no idea how miserable they can make you. He's feeling it more this year (but they are still pretty mild to be honest)....His compassion index WRT allergies has gone way up.....

Old 06-19-2011, 07:30 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,962,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Ew....that's too bad for DH.....with everything going on, I'm sure he hates to be traveling....I know you are SO ready for all the new carpet etc....that is such a good feeling! Have you been heating/icing your back? I think after the initial injury period, alternating heat and ice is the recommendation....I know cold packs really helped my wrist/hand last time. That and wearing one of those wrist-guards you buy at the drugstore for carpal tunnel....it took about 2 weeks for my wrist to feel normal again. But at least it did. No trouble since then.
The bad thing I haven't done anything for it. DS has been using the heating pad on his neck. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I do feel bad for DH. It's a 3 legged trip in 4 days. So very tiring. At least he comes back to new carpet upstairs! The poor dog is really having a hard time with the hardwoods downstairs though.... she just wanders around.

Quote:
That's what we have and I really love it. Plus, it's so easy to take apart and clean. Doesn't hurt that it's kind of fun to use too.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:40 PM

I hate traveling for work. I haven't had to do it in years. Actually, last time I went, I was gone from M-F in October. At the time DD was in 3rd grade and went to afterschool care at the same school as my boss's daughter. My boss went to pick up her daughter before DH was able to pick up DD - if I recall, DD mentioned to my boss that she wasn't too happy having me gone and she shouldn't do that again. Fortunately my boss had a good sense of humor. The Friday I flew back into town, I landed at around 3 in the afternoon just as it was starting to snow. In the next 24-48 hours, I think we had something like 30 inches of snow...blizzard of 1997....

Old 06-19-2011, 07:41 PM

3,388 posts, read 3,907,610 times
Dew- I'm right there with you with the indoor cats (we have 3) - also very grateful for it! I still can't get over the suction action on it! I was seriously running through a vacuum per year pre-Dyson. Hope you have fun with yours!

jkcoop - Totally agree about the ease of use and cleaning and anything that can make a chore sort of fun is ok by me! Hope you're feeling better soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.