Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2011, 08:12 PM

8,394 posts, read 3,490,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
clapping for beachmel! Hoping for the best for zimbo!
Me too. Well done Beachmel. Take care Zimbo.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,206,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Eat your heart out Dew - I have KISSED Phil Everly !!! Yes, it's completely true - my best schoolfriend and I travelled to the Finsbury Park Astoria (in London) to see them play live. I think we hitch-hiked. Would have been either 1964 or 1965, cost us 5 shillings (about 50 cents) - and after the show we both went round to the stage door and waited for them to emerge. By the time they came out, only three or four fans were still there and I managed to throw my arms around Phil and plant a big smackeroo on his cheek. I don't know which of us was more surprised!

Funnily enough, my best schoolfriend never got over her crush and is still I think the Prez of the British Everly Bros. fan club. She travelled to the US just a few years ago (to Bowling Green KY I think) to attend a special concert the EB's put on for their fans. She got to meet them, talk to them and have several photos taken with them. She's still a quivering mess now.
All right! A fellow Phil and Don lover. Sometime I'll have too much wine and tell you all my stories. Woo-hoo! I know just the concert she was at. Well done, Kobber. A kiss for Phil! I'm glad you picked my favorite.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:38 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,109,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Hopes, only you could rescue a St. Bernard and run into a friend from high school!
What are the odds? We've already made plans to do all sorts of things! The list is endless already!

I pulled my car over, jumped out and started running across the parking lot and I heard another lady, who was also chasing the dog, suddenly yell out my name! I turned my head, saw her, and I yelled out her name back to her while I kept running for the dog! We hadn't seen each other in decades and we were yelling each other's names while chasing a huge St. Bernard!

I'm so glad I found the St. Bernard's owners. I thought he would have to stay with me for the weekend since the vet's office for the rabies tag was closed. I brought him home and discovered that he doesn't like other dogs. (Thankfully, I was wearing my smart hat and asked the neighbor come over to help me introduce them in my yard.) Since I was desperate for a place to keep him, I thought to call the police. They looked up his county tag and gave me the owner's address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Let's have a big round of applause for Beachmel's son graduating from Boot Camp!!!

Now let's have another big round of applause for Beachmel and Mr. Beachmel for surviving!!
CONGRATULATIONS, BEACHMEL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
How true the statement is, "You stay awake wondering if YOU'RE ruining their lives", THEN "You lie awake wondering if THEY'RE ruining their lives" OMG....truer words were never spoken. LOL
I've never heard that saying! So true!

Old 04-15-2011, 10:00 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,731,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
What are the odds? We've already made plans to do all sorts of things! The list is endless already!

I pulled my car over, jumped out and started running across the parking lot and I heard another lady, who was also chasing the dog, suddenly yell out my name! I turned my head, saw her, and I yelled out her name back to her while I kept running for the dog! We hadn't seen each other in decades and we were yelling each other's names while chasing a huge St. Bernard!

I'm so glad I found the St. Bernard's owners. I thought he would have to stay with me for the weekend since the vet's office for the rabies tag was closed. I brought him home and discovered that he doesn't like other dogs. (Thankfully, I was wearing my smart hat and asked the neighbor come over to help me introduce them in my yard.) Since I was desperate for a place to keep him, I thought to call the police. They looked up his county tag and gave me the owner's address.

CONGRATULATIONS, BEACHMEL!

I've never heard that saying! So true!
Thank you so much, all of you for your congrats. OMG, I never thought it would be so stressful, but it was! You know, each and every day, you hear about other's SRs getting sent home for so many different reasons...the heartbreaks, etc. and you're so conflicted...you desperately want your child to succeed, but that means they will be away from you. Again, there's that lose sleep stuff. YES/NO/YES/NO/YES/NO LOL!

Old 04-15-2011, 10:08 PM

I'd be conficted too. It's hard letting go of our children.

How are we going to survive things like their going into the miliary or getting married? I'm sure we will. But we're going to lose sleep while we adjust.

Hang in there, Beachmel!

Old 04-15-2011, 10:50 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,575,901 times
Thanks for the concern everyone. The house is still standing, so that's good. They just extended our tornado watch till 6am, so that's not so good. My DH and DS are camping, so that's a bit worrying too. We shall have to wait and see what the morning brings.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:20 PM

Yikes! Tornado? Stay safe Zimbo and anyone in an area with a warning.

What's up with the wind spanning the United States today? It has been extremely windy here all day.

Old 04-16-2011, 04:29 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,978,198 times
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

My laptop cord finally bit the dust, I have MINUTES left before my laptop dies and idk when I will be able to get a new cord, so this means so laptop, I HATE MY LIFE EVEN MORE.

Now I have NO source of entertainment, can't get on mIRC, nothing.
Why, god dammit, why does everything have to happen to me all at once? Seriously, did this HAVE TO EFFING happen at 5am when I can do nothing about it??????

If I got hit by a bus today and died.......ITD BE FAN****INGTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2011, 04:31 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,978,198 times
Why can't I just sit in my room in peace and be depressed and sit on my laptop, why did my ONE LAST THING have to go?

Old 04-16-2011, 06:28 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,478,260 times
Sending out thoughts and prayers to our posters/friends in the Southeast. 7 people died in Alabama last night due to the storms. That combined with earlier deaths in Oklahoma and Arkansas means 16 people lost their lives in the past couple of days. Lots of damage also.

Zimbo and anyone else in that area - hope you all stayed safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.