Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 02:45 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,071,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I'm kind of figuring, this is on an organic farm, kind of hippie type people go there....I'm not going to worry about it.
Your tree tatoo will definitely be an asset! It's like you were destine to work at an organic greenhouse!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Ask Dew for a refund! Her anti-raindance was a wash!
Refund? Ding, dang. I didn't even get a rep out of y'all for that anti-raindance much less cash money.

Continuing on with Patronize a Used Bookstore Month in America we went to another one. This one is in the town that has Arizona State University so it was very cool. Nice little coffee house attached to it. Good vibes. All of the Palos Verdes trees are in bloom so everywhere you look are huge swatches of yellow all throught the Valley. Beautiful.

And today was Pat Tillman's Run so all the runners are walking around in their t-shirts so that adds to the ambience. (Pat played for the Cardinals and walked away from a multi-million dollar contract to serve in th Army after 9/11. He was killed in Afghanistan.)

Oh, and the saguaros are starting to bloom so they all look like they have crowns on. Obviously gearing up for The Wedding.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:53 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Cannabis sativa.
Half the people I know have that tattoo.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:54 PM

4,471 posts, read 9,837,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
There you go. That explains it. After all, the family is extremely wealthy.

Don't do it. You're too young to be tied down to a pet.
I know. Although I did have 3 dogs at home. I am an experienced dog owner. It just sucks for my mom now that the prisoners out number the wardens. I can't have one now since I live in a no pets building. I was thinking about a cat but too many people I know are allergic. Then I was thinking about perhaps a fish tank.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:00 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Half the people I know have that tattoo.
Haha!

Last edited by Zimbochick; 04-16-2011 at 03:11 PM..

Old 04-16-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I was thinking about a cat but too many people I know are allergic. Then I was thinking about perhaps a fish tank.
I was going to recommend alternatives to a dog, but you really need to wait.

Who will feed your cat, fish, rat when you go home to Ohio, vacation in Florida, etc.

You've gotta think of the poor animal more than your own needs.

Go out to dinner with one of your 'interests' if you're feeling the need for companionship.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:29 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times
Quote:
What is it?
a fern leaf

Old 04-16-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I was going to recommend alternatives to a dog, but you really need to wait.

Who will feed your cat, fish, rat when you go home to Ohio, vacation in Florida, etc.

You've gotta think of the poor animal more than your own needs.

Go out to dinner with one of your 'interests' if you're feeling the need for companionship.
Im actually not dating anyone right now.

I will probably get a fish. I got my friend a fish when she wanted a dog. That way it can go stay with her whenever I go on vacas which isnt too often. I've actually had every small pet under the sun over my lifetime aside from cats. I'm a good pet mommy. I once had a fish from a carnival that lived for 6 years until a picture frame fell on it and shattered it's bowl.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Im actually not dating anyone right now.
Could that possibly be why you're suddenly wanting a pet?

Quote:
I will probably get a fish. I got my friend a fish when she wanted a dog. That way it can go stay with her whenever I go on vacas which isnt too often. I've actually had every small pet under the sun over my lifetime aside from cats. I'm a good pet mommy. I once had a fish from a carnival that lived for 6 years until a picture frame fell on it and shattered it's bowl.
A fish sounds like a good idea since you have a friend who will watch it.

I was going to recommend a rat, since they make great pets, but it will be harder to find a rat sitter.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Could that possibly be why you're suddenly wanting a pet?
No. I have wanted a dog since I moved out of my parents home. It's weird going from 3 dogs to none! When I had mice I felt like I had a pet. Even though they technically lived in my heater haha.

I really enjoy taking care of animals. I miss it. There was never a time when I didn't have a pet.

Quote:
A fish sounds like a good idea since you have a friend who will watch it.

I was going to recommend a rat, since they make great pets, but it will be harder to find a rat sitter.

I had a really good rabbit for a while. I could probably take it home on plane with me in a carrier too. My sister has her dog in Miami and we just looked in to all the arrangements to transport him when she flies.

The friend with the fish is dying for a pet too and if I got one and needed her to watch it she would probably die from happiness. There are also pet sitting services.

My building allows cats and some people lets their cats go in the hall. I like to pet them and they follow me haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.