Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2011, 10:19 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,155,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
So MissFR is getting in the bath just now because we're going to check out a PreK this afternoon. The bathroom in the daylight is not the most flattering of lighting setups. She looks at me as I'm taking her hair out of her ponytail and says "Mommy, are those your wrinkles?".
I'll never forget when I reading my daughter a bedtime story and she asked why my hands looked so old!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:21 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,583,510 times
Quote:
So MissFR is getting in the bath just now because we're going to check out a PreK this afternoon. The bathroom in the daylight is not the most flattering of lighting setups. She looks at me as I'm taking her hair out of her ponytail and says "Mommy, are those your wrinkles?".

Maybe I spend too much time over here and not enough time over in Beauty getting Retinol tips from citrus fruits.
From the mouths of babes! Too cute.

I give you one day at H&B before you return here in a mild to moderate rage.

Good luck with the school visit.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:23 AM

13,493 posts, read 9,994,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
From the mouths of babes! Too cute.

Good luck with the school visit.
Yes, well cute is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks! I'm hoping this is the one.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
I won't go there! You guys have me fearing it!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:27 AM

13,493 posts, read 9,994,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I won't go there! You guys have me fearing it!
I'm with you Hopes. Although, I have to say I've never felt old until I visited this forum. There's so many threads about what you should wear at a certain age, when you're too over the hill to be a parent, whether you're allowed to shop in the Junior's dept, whether you immediately turn into an old beast after 35 - all sorts of age related stuff that I honestly never even considered until C-D. I didn't realize people actually took all that stuff so seriously.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:29 AM

3,388 posts, read 3,908,267 times
Quote:
Yes, well cute is in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks! I'm hoping this is the one.
Ha! I'm just waiting for DS to start commenting on my appearance......my brother is 10 years younger than me and when I was a teenager, he was always my go-to guy to tell me if I looked broken out. He was happy to let me know exactly which pimples he could see...

Good luck with the PreK visit!!

Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,583,510 times
Meh, I don't think much about my age to be honest (except when I get out of bed in the morning, and everything is creaking! ). Some people age well, some don't. I think it has more to do with genetics and lifestyle than magic potions, except for sunscreen and moisturizer.

If people choose to judge me by my appearance, then so be it, I'm probably better off without those sort of people in my life.

It's all about health, family, and the "joie de vivre".

ETA: Sorry, that sounded awfully preachy.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:00 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,964,198 times
I don't go over to that forum either. I agree with Fin - some of the attitudes are that if you are over 30 you have one foot in the grave and should give it up, where moomoos and cut your hair short!

Zim - I don't think much about my age either. I certainly don't feel 43 and most of the time I certainly don't ACT 43

Old 07-19-2011, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I'm with you Hopes. Although, I have to say I've never felt old until I visited this forum. There's so many threads about what you should wear at a certain age, when you're too over the hill to be a parent, whether you're allowed to shop in the Junior's dept, whether you immediately turn into an old beast after 35 - all sorts of age related stuff that I honestly never even considered until C-D. I didn't realize people actually took all that stuff so seriously.
I hear you! I've never thought about age around my friends, whose ages span decades. Some are in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s. Yesterday, my girlfriend, who is now 38, told me she was feeling old because 38 might as well be 40. Geeze! Does that mean that 47 might as well be 50? If there is one friend who will tell me I'm dressing wrong for my age, it's her. But apparently, I'm doing okay in that department. She told me a month ago that I have a sexy look going on (when she was complaining about her hairstyle). And I don't dress in sexy clothes so I guess she means my hair, my face, my body type and I don't dress frumpy.

Quote:
Meh, I don't think much about my age to be honest (except when I get out of bed in the morning, and everything is creaking! ). Some people age well, some don't. I think it has more to do with genetics and lifestyle than magic potions, except for sunscreen and moisturizer.

If people choose to judge me by my appearance, then so be it, I'm probably better off without those sort of people in my life.

It's all about health, family, and the "joie de vivre".

ETA: Sorry, that sounded awfully preachy.
I haven't really thought much about age until recently because I will be job hunting soon. Hubby is 10 years older then me, and his body is literally falling apart. I'm getting a little worried.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I don't go over to that forum either. I agree with Fin - some of the attitudes are that if you are over 30 you have one foot in the grave and should give it up, where moomoos and cut your hair short!
And I feel sorry for young people who feel that way. How will they feel about themselves at 32? I guess the way my girlfriens is feeling right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.