Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 04:02 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,574,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
LivingMass be adopted.
She also be undereducated. We never let Livingmass forget cause she so much fun.
Maciesmom need wind to stop blowing through blue sky. Also need dog brush.
AnonChick need.... AnonChick needs nothing from Big Man. Maybe need more ingredients.
Hopes be big momma with many children. She have children that visit neighbors without telling Spirit that they go across street of many sighs alone. Hopes have thongs. Know many delivery men.
FinsterRufus be rocker chick. Tell us little about past but many beats on tom-tom.
ZimboChick be multi cultural. Travel to many places. Tell us get our heads out of butts. Not be easy when so many are dumb.
Jkcoop be person who sees big picture. Has window in brain.
Girl with phone need good job.
Many posters have no clue.
Many posters smart. Probably make much wampum.
Some posters confused. We help.
Ohiogirl be little girl in big city. Much loved by all. We tell her watch out for cute guy in tight pants.
Psr be dressed in long clothing with much modesty. Also loved by all for wanting to be good mother some day. We help.
DewDropInn think she be funny. Not always. Some days too much allergy and pain in back to be funny.

Who left out of smoke signals for Ladies with Earth in Bosom who Rock?
That's pretty darned awesome Dew. In fact it's the best I have seen for many moons!

Old 04-14-2011, 04:02 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,959,589 times
By the way - thanks for the advice yesterday you guys regarding my niece. I sent her an email yesterday, letting her down gently and using some of the wise wording given on here.

Haven't heard a peep. Just confirms I made the right decision.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,476,020 times
Too funny Dew!

jk - glad you feel good about that decision. I'm sure you won't regret it. Besides - you have limited time left with DS living at home - you need to enjoy that without the extra stress and drama that situation would have most likely entailed....

Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,192,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
I must never follow the right threads. I'm so out of the loop it seems.
me too!

Old 04-14-2011, 04:21 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,203,663 times
Rkb live high in sky. Close to source of wisdom. Smart brain. Knows much. Swats sometime like Mother Bear swat dumb cub.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:24 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,192,444 times
Lol!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:25 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,101,269 times
Between visits from my many delivery men, these are my observations from my day out running errands in the real world.

Took the beagle basset for a ride to the vets to pick up medication for the old lab. I figured the bb could benefit from a visit that didn't involve holding him down and torturing him. He had a blast.

Which brings me to the woman who wasn't having a blast. She had a beautiful big dog of some breed that impresses me but's name escapes me. Very well behaved, healthy, happy dog. This woman clearly hated life. She wore it on her face. She just didn't hate life, she hated everyone and everything. She had a scowl on her face and looked like she was holding in going postal on the world.

Why is this worthy of mention here today? The entire time I spent standing near her, I couldn't help thinking, "I'll bet this is what no excuses is like in real life."

After dropping the dog off at the house (it was too sunny to take him with me all day), going to the dentist and running more errands, I ended up at the grocery store. It was clearly welfare day. The percentage of crack and pill addicts was way too high.

I encountered one couple in an isle where a soy sauce bottle was broken. The woman, wearing flip flops (it was 60 degrees out), dressed like she got out of bed, and hadn't bathed in a while, was being dramatic acting like she had hurt herself slipping on the sauce. Come on, it was BROWN. It's not like it was water and she couldn't have seen it. I wouldn't bet she broke soy bottle herself.

Later, I encounter another lovely couple on the other side of the store. The middle aged woman is wearing swishy pants (those loose nylon athletic pants) that are too tight and a loose cut off dirty t-shirt showing her rolls of fat. She's in my way. I politely say "excuse me" and she responds to the air in general about how she CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF THE STORE. As I pass by with my cart, I sweetly say, "What a coincidence, I can't wait either."

At the checkout, I'm behind two groups. The soy sauce couple (who look very unhealthy and disgusting) and a lovely pregnant lady. The soy sauce couple is first. Their cart is filled with junk food and pop. Total bill is $102, they pull out their "access" card which is the modern version of food stamps. The pregnant lady had a cart filled with fresh fruits and vegetables and beautiful meats. She was a delightful, sweet person. We talked about how her chicken looked much fresher than mine. Hers was from the bargain area and mine was full price. This lady sure new how to shop. Total bill $96, and she pulls out her "access" card.

I couldn't help but be disgusted by the drug addicts in the store. Here's this lovely pregnant woman who is an absolute delight to talk about the weather with and she's buying healthy food for the same price as the garbage the rest of them are buying. It just seems like such a waste of tax payer dollars to support these drug addicts. And I don't have one problem with tax paying dollars helping the health conscious mother. I'd never really given it a thought before, but this was my first time I've been grocery shopping on what was clearly welfare day.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 PM

Hopes, you cannot let other people and what they are doing bother you.

Illegitimi non carborundum. Dog Latin but it makes the point.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:29 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,476,020 times
You can't always tell the whole story from what you see in one's grocery cart. I always feel bad if someone sees what I buy at Walmart. I could lose a few lbs. The food I buy at Walmart is not generally the healthy stuff. Not that I don't buy it. I just don't buy it there. I buy meat at Costco. I buy fresh produce at Sprouts. I buy what I need quickly at King Soopers (Krogers)....I'm sure that someone who's been behind me at Walmart has seen the following: white bread, flamin' hot cheetos, stuffed crust frozen pizza, cheese, frozen waffles, marshmallows, cereal (sometimes even Cap'n Crunch) and think "that lady has no business with all that crap"....none of which I personally eat btw. But DS and his friends do - along with a bunch of healthy stuff too.....

Old 04-14-2011, 07:37 PM

And I refuse to quit buying Rice Krispie Treats. Michelle Obama herself could shake her freshly pulled carrots at me and I'd throw her a .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting