Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 03:05 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,191,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I hope everything is ok! Thinking of you!
I'm going to look in the garage and see if the bike is gone. Maybe he went for a ride.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:10 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,966,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'm going to look in the garage and see if the bike is gone. Maybe he went for a ride.
Good grief Hopes! Let us know. I'd be worried too.

Quote:
Which side of the family is she from? How far away does she live from you?

It's strange that she's willing to leave her boyfriend to live with you for the summer.

It will be interesting to hear her response to your asking her how she plans to support herself until she finds a job.
She's from my side of the family. She's a good 14 hours away from us. So not terribly close to home. I just went back and forth with my nephew - whom she is staying with now. Very enlightening. He said don't do it. He didn't even want her living with him, but her boyfriend (his roommate of all things) and her went behind his back. He said she hasn't made much effort in finding a job and wishes she'd get things together and stop relying on others to take care of her.

So I've made the decision, just now need to figure out how to tell her no without hurting her feelings.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoop View Post
Good grief Hopes! Let us know. I'd be worried too.
Found him. He's hanging out at the neighbor's house across the street. He saw me looking in the garage and came out to say hello.

He came back, got his phone, and went back to the neighbor's house! All is well with the world again!

Quote:
So I've made the decision, just now need to figure out how to tell her no without hurting her feelings.
Tell her what I was told by my sister's Godmother, who was a good friend of my parents, when I asked to move to her house in Alabama.

She said the family took a vote and they decided it was best for me to stay in Pittsburgh and face whatever I was trying to escape.

And location doesn't change a person's problems, a person changes their problems from within themselves.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,502,533 times
Tell her that you love her and that once she has herself situated and has a job, you'd love to have her visit for a few days.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Found him. He's hanging out at the neighbor's house across the street. He saw me looking in the garage and came out to say hello.

He came back, got his phone, and went back to the neighbor's house! All is well with the world again!

Tell her what I was told by my sister's Godmother, who was a good friend of my parents, when I asked to move to her house in Alabama.

She said the family took a vote and they decided it was best for me to stay in Pittsburgh and face whatever I was trying to escape.

And location doesn't change a person's problems, a person changes their problems from within themselves.
Glad you found him! How's he doing with the friend living with you guys?

I like the wording of the taking a vote. Hopefully she won't be mad at me, but then again, I really can't worry about that.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Tell her that you love her and that once she has herself situated and has a job, you'd love to have her visit for a few days.
That's a good too. And I would love to have her visit sometime. Key though is the "few days"!

Old 04-13-2011, 03:46 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,588,790 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if 10 pages of illogical thinking qualifies as "something good" but here's the link: https://www.city-data.com/forum/pregn...-have-you.html
Sweet Jeebus - if it looks like a trainwreck, and it smells like a trainwreck....

Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,502,533 times
Quote:
That's a good too. And I would love to have her visit sometime. Key though is the "few days"!
Exactly....tell her you're just not prepared to have anyone living with you right now. A short visit when she's able would be lovely though!

Old 04-13-2011, 06:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,244,160 times
Some of you have been cookin' today.

Well done!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Glad you found him! How's he doing with the friend living with you guys?
It's a slow adjustment, but I'm seeing small signs of improvement.

Quote:
I like the wording of the taking a vote. Hopefully she won't be mad at me, but then again, I really can't worry about that.
I was disappointed, but I wasn't mad. I remember being impressed that everyone, including teenage boys (her sons), had a say. (That's probably the main reason I thought to hold a vote in my house before deciding to let my son's friend move in too.)

The part about facing what I was trying to escape and running away doesn't help solve problems because the solutions are inside myself stuck with me for the my entire life. I really thought about those words and it helped me to stop thinking about running away from problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Sweet Jeebus - if it looks like a trainwreck, and it smells like a trainwreck....
That sure was a train wreck. It's like some of them were dropped on their heads as babies.

The more I hang out here,the more I think there should be a test before people are allowed to become parents.

But it looks like I lucked out and got in the last word. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.