Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:05 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,236,832 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Well it is school day and I am teaching all 3 classes on my own, because the woman I teach with is out of town. It should be fine because we are doing radish seed necklaces and planting some lettuce seeds in pots that will eventually go into the hydroponic bins.
Wait I just realized that it is going to be me 60 kids,dirt and a water hose . oh yeah it is going to be a great morning
mental note: Do not wear good shoes today

But before I can leave for school I have to ask

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ?

Extra credit Question:

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that

Gave out the little square sheets ?
Had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets ?
The huge roll like you see in many restrooms today ?
A roll on the back of the toilet ?

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ?

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ?

Today in History:
1800 - John Adams is 1st President to move into the White House
1869 - Suez Canal (Egypt) opens, links Mediterranean and Red seas
1913 - Panama Canal opens
1913 - 1st U.S. dental hygienists course, Bridgeport, Ct
1940 - Green Bay Packers become 1st NFL team to travel by plane
1974 Union of Banana Exporting Countries (UPEB) forms

Word of the Day:

perseverate \per-SEV-uh-reyt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To repeat something insistently or redundantly.
2. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day
School Pride Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 05:09 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,392,710 times
Good morning everyone!
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ?
By the airport in Ponce (where I live) is a rum factory that stinks really really bad! I dropped off a guest just today.

Extra credit Question:

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that

Had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets ? I think - we are going too far back for me.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? Also too far back - no , actually I could be accused of this as I have a lot of time since I don't work outside the home but keep really busy with all the kids activities.

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ?

When I see someone nitpicking.

Last edited by Sandhillian; 11-17-2009 at 05:10 AM.. Reason: add

Old 11-17-2009, 05:10 AM

259,024 posts, read 91,088,204 times
Well it is school day and I am teaching all 3 classes on my own, because the woman I teach with is out of town. It should be fine because we are doing radish seed necklaces and planting some lettuce seeds in pots that will eventually go into the hydroponic bins.
Wait I just realized that it is going to be me 60 kids,dirt and a water hose . oh yeah it is going to be a great morning
mental note: Do not wear good shoes today

But before I can leave for school I have to ask

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? Not lately.

Extra credit Question:

I think.Half a century is a long time to forget such details.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ?
Not lately.

on the flip side

Last night.

Today in History:
1800 - John Adams is 1st President to move into the White House
1869 - Suez Canal (Egypt) opens, links Mediterranean and Red seas
1913 - Panama Canal opens
1913 - 1st U.S. dental hygienists course, Bridgeport, Ct
1940 - Green Bay Packers become 1st NFL team to travel by plane
1974 Union of Banana Exporting Countries (UPEB) forms

Word of the Day:

perseverate \per-SEV-uh-reyt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To repeat something insistently or redundantly.
2. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.

Today is:
National Baklava Day Not sure what this is but it sounds like something from a lava flow.
Homemade Bread Day Love it.
Take a Hike Day I think I have taken a few as well as maybe suggesting a few others to the same.
School Pride Day I went to school in a day there was pride in your school.

Last edited by Nomadicus; 11-17-2009 at 05:19 AM..

Old 11-17-2009, 05:17 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,236,832 times
Before I load up my supplies for today
let me answer

Today's Question(s):

OMG at Sears yesterday !!!! We were at the register with a salesperson ordering a 10" bandsaw for hubby and all of a sudden wham this smell engulfed the area. It about knocked me out. I looked at hubby and mouthed "was that you !!!" lol he gave me this horrified look and leaned his head toward the salesperson who had just gotten behind the counter. All I kept thinking was "Please please have the smell stronger behind the counter so our salesperson doesn't think it is us !!!

Extra credit Question:

Gave out the little square sheets ? this one !!
Had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets ? this one too , I got pretty good at pushing the paper through so I ended up with more than 3 sheets

Bonus Question:

lol yesterday I was listing all sort of things I wanted to get done around the house, hubby looked at me and said "are you bored"

on the flip side

I want to say this all the time to one of my neighbors who likes to stir things up in the neighborhood

Old 11-17-2009, 05:20 AM

16,805 posts, read 40,160,525 times
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell"? When I walked into a house where artichokes were boiling

Extra credit Question:

Gave out the little square sheets? I'm thinking this

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands"? Yesterday

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands"? Today

Today is:
National Baklava Day Mmmmmmm....
Homemade Bread Day Mmmmmmmmm....
Take a Hike Day No way Jose
School Pride Day Meh

Old 11-17-2009, 05:21 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,375,779 times
So glad you got all your seeds and dirt in plenty of time, Karla! Have lots of fun playing in the dirt today!

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may have uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell"?

That would have been shortly after my spouse spilled a box of raisin bran and didn't quite get it all when he swept up afterward. Our cat is unable to digest anything with grains in it; grains ferment in his gut and develop into the nastiest, most foul-smelling gas you have ever encountered. So when I walked into the kitchen and found a greenish miasma pervading the room, I knew that Finn had gotten into something with grain again. And sure enough, I found him nibbling on some of the bran flakes that had gotten scattered into a corner out of sight.

Extra credit Question:

Gave out the little square sheets?
Had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets?
The huge roll like you see in many restrooms today?
A roll on the back of the toilet?

Wow, you've really dusted out the Way-Back Machine today, Karla! It was those horrid little squares where I went to school.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could have been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands"?

That doesn't happen often. Time is probably the scarcest resource in my life right now.

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands"?

That would likely be whenever I see our across-the-street neighbor mow his lawn. Since they moved in, they've pulled out anything even remotely resembling something interesting to look at in their lawn (trees, shrubs, gardens) and now have a sea of nothing but grass. He mows about twice a week, and he goes in mathematically perfect diagonal lines across the lawn to leave those perfect stripes. It just baffles me how he can spend so much time on it.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:26 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,373,630 times
Hi everybody!

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? I can't say when but I can say what: we were in the garden and there was a strange smell in the area. Actually, it came from a gardening device some neighbor was using...

Extra credit Question:

French schools don't provide toilet paper, so students better have tissues in their bags or they're in trouble!

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? Every day?

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? Can't remember

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day
School Pride Day

Have a nice day!

Old 11-17-2009, 05:32 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,611,712 times
Good morning my cyber peeps!! Today is my son's 27th Birthday! Everyone look towards Iraq and yell Happy Birthday!!!!
Oh...and this is what happens to Daddy's Harley when he's deployed...shhhhh don't tell him!!
Today's Question Tuesday 11-17-09-kalis-goofy-ride.bmp

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? Four men...one small SUV...trip to the Miami Dolphin game....so the answer would be Monday morning when I got on my SUV....

Extra credit Question:

I remember regular dispensers but they would lock them so we couldn't get the rolls off.....especially around Halloween. Hmmmm I wonder why that was??

Bonus Question:

I was housebound for two weeks after my surgery...when I watched the judge shows, and actually CARED how they turned out!
on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? I have to go with...when someone starts gossiping....get a hobby and the other person's business won't interest you as much!

Today is:
National Baklava Day-I love this stuff!!!
Homemade Bread Day-I love this stuff!!!
Take a Hike Day-I need this stuff cuz I love that other stuff!!!
School Pride Day-Beardstown Tigers Rule!!!

Have a wonderful day everybody!

Old 11-17-2009, 05:41 AM

36,579 posts, read 16,165,576 times
Today's Question(s):

Well it was this morning when I walked into the bedroom of the person I care for
Extra credit Question:

I remember the 1st one.

Bonus Question:

Last week on my days off, when my Dad said let's go to the mall, you have nothing better to do
on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? Hmm don't know about that one.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,075,392 times
Good morning everyone Happy Tuesday

mental note: Do not wear good shoes today You never cease to amaze me!!!

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? When I would walk near a certain area in the garage - so I investigated and sure enough, a dead mouse. Pppppeeeeeeuuuuuu!

Extra credit Question:

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that : Must be too early - I remember all of these but can't place where & when

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? ??????????? People will say that, now that I'm not working, but I am as busy now as when I worked I don't get it either except now, I have my CD responsibilities.
on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? Whenever someone carries on about what someone else is doing or not doing. I always want to say "get a hobby" or "do something constructive like volunteer somewhere".
Today is:

School Pride Day This is your day, Karla!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics