Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 06:27 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times

Advertisements

Happy Birthday Gue and Mike!

By the way, just read all the responses so far after I posted my own. No wonder I like this group so much - all the responses to the "too much time" questions are KIND and Non Judgmental
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,074,468 times
When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ?

Last week in my kitchen.

Extra credit Question:

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that

Gave out the little square sheets ?
Had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets ?
The huge roll like you see in many restrooms today ?
A roll on the back of the toilet ?

It was just a regular toilet paper roll on a regular dispenser if I remember correctly.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ?

Every day at work...lol

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ?

Every day at home. I say this regularly to my daughter since she spends too much time FACEBOOKING.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,717,483 times
Have a great day in the mud with kiddies Karla.

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? it was just yesterday. Thought My stew smelled funny. Hubby said no, it's fine.?????

Extra credit Question:

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that

good grief......I can't even remember

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ?
LOL......can't remember that either.
on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? yesterday.

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day after you have baklava and bread. Need to work off those calories!
School Pride Day[/quote]

Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,723,342 times
[quote=Karla with a K;11658450]Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Well it is school day and I am teaching all 3 classes on my own, because the woman I teach with is out of town. It should be fine because we are doing radish seed necklaces and planting some lettuce seeds in pots that will eventually go into the hydroponic bins.
Wait I just realized that it is going to be me 60 kids,dirt and a water hose . oh yeah it is going to be a great morning
mental note: Do not wear good shoes today

But before I can leave for school I have to ask

[b]Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? We have a tree in the desert that can smell like cat urine on a dewey morning or a humid day. I got a whiff of one the other morning.

Extra credit Question:

A roll on the back of the toilet ? Guess I'm not anal after all, as I don't recall.

Bonus Question:
Leave it to a school teacher to have a bonus question.

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ?

Old 11-17-2009, 06:36 AM

2,080 posts, read 4,866,907 times
Good morning everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Well it is school day and I am teaching all 3 classes on my own, because the woman I teach with is out of town. It should be fine because we are doing radish seed necklaces and planting some lettuce seeds in pots that will eventually go into the hydroponic bins.
Wait I just realized that it is going to be me 60 kids,dirt and a water hose . oh yeah it is going to be a great morning
mental note: Do not wear good shoes today

But before I can leave for school I have to ask

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? One day last week I came home and walked into our kitchen where hubby and kids were eating dinner and there was this gross, funky smell! Turns out my son who was eating ziti and likes to sprinkle mozzeralla cheese on pasta, sprinkled swiss cheese on it. Ugh it smelled so bad but he didn't mind the taste...I know...it makes me want to gag thinking about it, too!

Extra credit Question:

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that I have absolutely no idea....

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? I am a busy little bee and have never been accused of this

on the flip side

Today in History:
1800 - John Adams is 1st President to move into the White House
1869 - Suez Canal (Egypt) opens, links Mediterranean and Red seas
1913 - Panama Canal opens
1913 - 1st U.S. dental hygienists course, Bridgeport, Ct
1940 - Green Bay Packers become 1st NFL team to travel by plane
1974 Union of Banana Exporting Countries (UPEB) forms

Word of the Day:
perseverate \per-SEV-uh-reyt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To repeat something insistently or redundantly.
2. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day
School Pride Day

Have a wonderful day!

Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 AM

12,973 posts, read 3,235,950 times
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ?
Last week, I discovered a bag of potatoes in my kitchen and one had gone bad!! (need I say more)

Extra credit Question:

Gave out the little square sheets ? Gosh..I think so..don't they all??

Had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets ? Nope..I probably would remember this...but then again...I didn't use the school bathrooms much..so it is possible!

The huge roll like you see in many restrooms today ? I DON'T KNOW!!!!!

A roll on the back of the toilet ? No...not this one!

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? Can't remember being told this....unless it was jokingly!!!

on the flip side

Maybe to a couple coworkers who seem to want to chat all the time!

Old 11-17-2009, 06:42 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,719,736 times
Today's Question(s):

It had to be more than 20 years ago, when I still had a sense of smell.

Extra credit Question:

You ladies will be surprised at how many males have no idea.

Bonus Question:

on the flip side

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

2. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day
School Pride Day[/quote]

Old 11-17-2009, 06:51 AM

54,516 posts, read 33,996,018 times
Today's Question(s):

I didn't say it, but many others around me did, it was that cheap cologne.. - Actually I remember saying that when I was making a hard-boiled egg and I was on the computer in my office. The water boiled away, and the egg exploded. I forgot exactly what I was doing, but I started smelling something bad, then I ran to the kitchen, there was egg shell and egg all over the stove top. I guess I ended up with a hard-burnt egg, instead of hard-boiled egg..

Extra credit Question:

I think we used tree leaves back then...

Today is:
National Baklava Day - Does that have anything to do with lava?
Homemade Bread Day - I can't celebrate that today, I'm out of bread..
Take a Hike Day - Take a hike - I hear that a lot.. from women..

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 11-17-2009 at 07:37 AM..

Old 11-17-2009, 07:31 AM

27,506 posts, read 27,535,492 times
Today's Question(s):

Extra credit Question:

Just yesterday I said that, at work. Over by the entrance door there is a smell of some type but I couldnt tell if it was gardening fertilizer of one of the new displays that got put up, the smell of that odor-y plastic inflatable Santa thing. Whatever it was, a lot of customers were saying something about it, in that general area.
I remember those little square sheets and havent seen them in....forever. They must have stopped making them?

Old 11-17-2009, 07:38 AM

921 posts, read 1,137,004 times
Today's Question Tuesday 11-17-09
Good morning & happy Tuesday to everyone.

It's a nice, cool, & bright morning here in the DC area which makes you want to go to a local park & relax for the rest of the day.

We'll, we have to face reality & go to work, which is also a blessing.

Today's Question(s):

When I was riding the metro train to work one morning, someone sat next to me with their lunch bag & it smelled horrible. It smelled like old potatoes & fish.

Extra credit Question:

Yes.
Had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets ? No.
The huge roll like you see in many restrooms today ? No.
A roll on the back of the toilet ? No.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? Before I began working at my current job 5 years ago, my older sister said this to me as a joke.

on the flip side

This past weekend to my teen nephew and his friends who are all in the 11th grade. I also told them continue look into their college choices while still enjoying their youth.

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day
School Pride Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics