Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 06:13 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
It is a beautiful morning here in NEFL So I am sharing all of our "sunshine" with our Question Family of course as usual you are all welcome to come down and hang out

Lets see how creative we can be in answering

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you had a Flat Tire ?

Did you:

Change it yourself
or
Called someone

Bonus Question:

When will you start putting away your "winter clothes" and break out your "summer clothes" ?

Extra Credit Question:

Does your local TV news station have a "slogan" or "catch phrase" ?

and it would be ?

Today's Yay,Yuck or Eh :

Brussel sprouts
Okra
Sauerkraut

Today in History:
1895 - Woodville Latham demonstrated the first use of a moving picture projected on a screen in New York City.
1956 - Leonard Ross, age 10, became the youngest prizewinner on a big-time quiz program. The youngster won $100,000 on "The Big Surprise" for knowing about his specialty: stocks!
1878 - New York installs 1st firehouse pole
1913 - Gideon Sundback of Sweden patents the zipper
1948 - 1st Polaroid camera was sold in US

Word of the Day:

peccadillo \peck-uh-DIL-oh\, noun:
A slight offense; a petty fault.

Today is:

Chocolate-Covered Cashew Truffle Day
Tuna Day
Kindergarten Day
Big Word Day- A day to use huge words on purpose just to impress. !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 06:21 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,548,854 times
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you had a Flat Tire ? There is no way I am answering that one! My car might be listening and give me one tonight! lol

Did you:

Change it yourself Yup!
or
Called someone

Bonus Question:

When will you start putting away your "winter clothes" and break out your "summer clothes" ? Not hard to do considering they are in the same closet! lol

Extra Credit Question:

Does your local TV news station have a "slogan" or "catch phrase" ? Problem is we don't really have a "local" TV station. All we get is Nashville stations and they forget about us about the Ky/Tn line.

and it would be ?

Today's Yay,Yuck or Eh :

Brussel sprouts Yuck!
Okra Yuck!
Sauerkraut Yuck!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 AM

1,312 posts, read 4,776,616 times
Happy Rainy Tuesday!

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you had a Flat Tire ? Wow, longer ago that I thought...back in 1997 I think. I was moving to a different apartment that day and had 2 guy friends helping. After we'd loaded our cars up, noticed mine had a flat. Must have gotten it when I had run errands that morning, boo!

Did you: Change it yourself --no, but my 2 friends changed it for me. I remember being very upset and stressed over the move and they were great to change a tire and still help move me!

Bonus Question:

When will you start putting away your "winter clothes" and break out your "summer clothes" ? Mine all fit in one closet, but I will move the summer shirts to the bottom pole and move the winter ones up to the top pole just so I can reach the summer stuff easier. I did go through my daughter's closet yesterday and pulled out all the hand me downs and clearance clothes I bought last season for her...but now they're all in a bin in her closet since it's still cold here.

Extra Credit Question:

and it would be ? I have no idea. I usually watch Fox at 10p and still laugh at how hokey it is...I lived in DC for almost 10 years, where even the local news ends up being mostly national. Living here is nice b/c there are some feel good stories and such, but it's amazing how many mistakes are made during every broadcast!

Today's Yay,Yuck or Eh :

Brussel sprouts Yuck!
Okra Yummy, espcially in my gumbo, and crispy pickled ones are good too.
Sauerkraut Yummy again, but hardly have it b/c DH won't eat it.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:25 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,541,470 times
Good morning all! It's dry today after all the glorious rain from yesterday!

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you had a Flat Tire ? Wow...I don't remember, I hope I didn't just jinx myself
Did you:

Change it yourself ...I would have changed it myself.or
Called someone

Bonus Question:

When will you start putting away your "winter clothes" and break out your "summer clothes" ? I did that a few weeks ago and got an unexpected cold front...so have to move a few back.

Extra Credit Question:

and it would be ? We're the 1st to report.....and they all use it!

Today's Yay,Yuck or Eh :

Brussel sprouts
Okra
Sauerkraut

There needs to be a federal law banning all three!!!!!!

Today in History:

1878 - New York installs 1st firehouse pole-And pole dancing began
1913 - Gideon Sundback of Sweden patents the zipper -I won't go there!
1948 - 1st Polaroid camera was sold in US-and the 1st pictures of the pole dancing were taken.

Today is:
Chocolate-Covered Cashew Truffle Day-I'll take these please!
Tuna Day
Kindergarten Day
Big Word Day- A day to use huge words on purpose just to impress. !!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:28 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,337,594 times
Today's Question(s):

In July 1999, driving a van loaded to the gills with the remnants that didn't go into the moving van, with two kids and a Labrador retriever, heading out on the final step of moving from the Rio Grande Valley of Texas to South-Central Wisconsin. Spouse was already up here, as his job had started a month previously. That was the absolute worst trip of my life: the flat tire was followed by a dead battery the next morning, then the idler tension assembly and water pump fell off the van as I was driving at 70 mph outside of St. Louis at about 10:00 pm on the fourth of July.

Did you:

Change it yourself
or
Called someone

Called someone! I couldn't have gotten that overloaded van onto a jack if you held a gun to my head. And the poor fellow who showed up to help us discovered the hard way that I had pulled off the road right in the middle of a fire ant nest.

Bonus Question:

When will you start putting away your "winter clothes" and break out your "summer clothes" ?

I'll probably start pulling out a few summer items sometime in May, but the winter stuff won't get put away until mid to late June. I have known the high temperature here on the fourth of July to be in the 50s, so we don't ever pack away the warm stuff too deeply; you never know when you're going to need a sweater in August.

Extra Credit Question:

and it would be ?

Absolutely no clue. I don't even know what the local channels are. I don't watch television.

Today's Yay,Yuck or Eh :

Brussel sprouts

Yum!! Love 'em steamed into tenderness, then tossed around with some olive oil, garlic, shallots and balsamic vinegar.

Okra

Eh, it's ok in gumbo. Not a big fan otherwise.

Sauerkraut

Wonderful if it's prepared right! We like it best if it's well rinsed, then cooked with a tablespoon or so of brown sugar. A casserole full of kielbasa and kraut, or cabbage rolls and kraut, or ham and kraut is great comfort food!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:30 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
Hmmm last year!
Did you:

Change it yourself drove around the corner to the tire shop or
Called someone

Bonus Question:

Some were out, some I got out, but the weather is very ify in the spring here so you have to be prepared for anything. I do change bedding though from a down comforter to a light spread and always do it too soon. Get spring fever
Extra Credit Question:

and it would be ? Probably but I don't know what it is
Today's Yay,Yuck or Eh :

Brussel sprouts
Okra
Sauerkraut All Yuck!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:33 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Default Today's Question(s)

When was the last time you had a Flat Tire ? ....Early last year

Did you:

Change it yourself ...changed it
or
Called someone

Bonus Question:

When will you start putting away your "winter clothes" and break out your "summer clothes" ? ....Mine are all the same

Extra Credit Question:

Does your local TV news station have a "slogan" or "catch phrase" ?... I think so

and it would be ? .....No bull and the day, "No bull Tuesday"

Today's Yay,Yuck or Eh :

Brussel sprouts ...Yuck
Okra ...Yuck
Sauerkraut ...Yuck

Old 04-21-2009, 06:33 AM

821 posts, read 2,012,181 times
I have never had a flat tire (been driving for 36 yrs)
I think I could do it myself
but I do have AAA if I ever need it

June 1st will put away winter clothes, have already gotten a few short sleeve shirts out
but I don't do well with cold weather

and it would be ?
I have no idea what even local tv channels are now days, have not watched tv in years

Brussel sprouts yuck
Okra only if it's fried by myself or this woman that brings it to church on the day we have meals
Sauerkraut yes yes yes, super duper yes

Old 04-21-2009, 06:36 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,866 times
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you had a Flat Tire ? about 4 years ago. Brand new CRV and wife hit a pot hole... a quick $125

Did you:

Change it yourself
or
Called someone

Bonus Question:

When will you start putting away your "winter clothes" and break out your "summer clothes" ? after the temps get out of the 30's

Extra Credit Question:

Does your local TV news station have a "slogan" or "catch phrase" ? don't watch much TV... but I'm sure they do have that perfect "win win 10" phrase

and it would be ?

Today's Yay,Yuck or Eh :

Brussel sprouts boo
Okra double boo
Sauerkraut tripple boo
Pizza big yea

Today in History:
1895 - Woodville Latham demonstrated the first use of a moving picture projected on a screen in New York City.
1956 - Leonard Ross, age 10, became the youngest prizewinner on a big-time quiz program. The youngster won $100,000 on "The Big Surprise" for knowing about his specialty: stocks!
1878 - New York installs 1st firehouse pole
evening of 1878 - first poll dance across the street
1913 - Gideon Sundback of Sweden patents the zipper
1948 - 1st Polaroid camera was sold in US

Old 04-21-2009, 06:56 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,871,320 times

When was the last time you had a Flat Tire ? I never had flat tires until a few years ago, and then had several over a few months.

Did you: Always had a friend change it

Bonus Question:

When will you start putting away your "winter clothes" and break out your "summer clothes" ? I have both winter & summer clothes out now. It will be in the 40s today and up to 70 on Friday.

Extra Credit Question:

Does your local TV news station have a "slogan" or "catch phrase" ? I don't watch enough to know.

and it would be ?

Today's Yay,Yuck or Eh :

Brussel sprouts Yay
Okra Eh
Sauerkraut YUCK

For those who asked, I DID buy a lawnmower yesterday. My daughter is picking it up in her truck tomorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics