Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 01:20 PM

114,838 posts, read 66,251,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
Happy Birthday to Gue, NJ Mike & Granny Sue's son in Iraq. And a big thank you to him for serving us. Have a great day all
Absolutely!! Same here!! I totally agree!!! Happy Birthday and thanks so much for your service to the country. (All of us !!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 02:00 PM

9,718 posts, read 6,438,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
Earlier today I sent my son an email telling him to listen closely and he'll hear all the birthday greeting and thanks.

I just got an e-mail from him.......I was wondering what all that racket was coming from that direction!

He also said thank you very much and it's his pleasure and honor to be where he's at.........

I guess I didn't whoop up on him too bad for him to turn out this way.......ok bragging over!!!
Brag all you want, you did good Granny

Sending cheers his way for his birthday and a big thank for serving our country

Old 11-17-2009, 02:05 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,393,271 times
When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? This morning when my dog fluffed!

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that

Gave out the little square sheets ?
Had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets ?
The huge roll like you see in many restrooms today ?
A roll on the back of the toilet ?

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? Yesterday. I was upto all sorts.

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? To a family member who complained about someone's lack of work ethic, but does absolutely nothing herself.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:21 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,471,903 times

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? In bed the other night with hubby and dog. One of the two of them let out a silent but deadly. I couldn't get either one to fess up who did it...LOL

Extra credit Question:

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that

As best I can remember, the toilet paper was a regular sized roll on a dispenser like the one you have in your bathroom at home. That was 40 years ago...lol

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? Last week....lol

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? I tell my son that all the time...lol

Old 11-17-2009, 02:49 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,541,562 times
Homemade Bread Day!!!

Old 11-17-2009, 02:50 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,791,310 times
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? The other morning while outside.

Extra credit Question:

A roll on the back of the toilet

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? Last weekend

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? Multiple times within the past week.

Today in History:

1800 - John Adams is 1st President to move into the White House
1869 - Suez Canal (Egypt) opens, links Mediterranean and Red seas
1913 - Panama Canal opens
1913 - 1st U.S. dental hygienists course, Bridgeport, Ct
1940 - Green Bay Packers become 1st NFL team to travel by plane
1974 Union of Banana Exporting Countries (UPEB) forms

Word of the Day:

perseverate \per-SEV-uh-reyt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To repeat something insistently or redundantly.
2. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day There's a few people I would love to tell this too!
School Pride Day

Old 11-17-2009, 03:24 PM

3,455 posts, read 2,801,235 times
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? Little Emily..... cute but loaded daiper

Extra credit Question:

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day - The best.. have it almost every week
Take a Hike Day
School Pride Day

Old 11-17-2009, 03:42 PM

25,449 posts, read 11,791,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKgirlinCA View Post
Happy Birthday to Gue, NJ Mike & Granny Sue's son in Iraq. And a big thank you to him for serving us. Have a great day all
Yes, Happy Birthday!!

Old 11-17-2009, 04:38 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,557,306 times
Good Afternoon Karla....I'm sooooo late!
Happy Tuesday

You know...I haven't been in school in 45 years...I don't remember what kind of toilet paper was in the dispenser!! I do remember hiding in there one time when I ditched a class in my Junior year...don't ask about my Senior year!

I guess people think I have too much time on my hands now, because I'm either on CD or Facebook playing Farmville!!

Homemade Bread Day reminds me that I haven't used my Bread Machine in years...I need to do that...nothing like the smell of fresh bread!!

I hope everyone has a relaxing evening...

Old 11-17-2009, 05:54 PM

789 posts, read 643,376 times
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ?
Little while ago!!

Extra credit Question:

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ?
Always!!
on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ?
Yesterday!!

Today in History:
1800 - John Adams is 1st President to move into the White House
1869 - Suez Canal (Egypt) opens, links Mediterranean and Red seas
1913 - Panama Canal opens
1913 - 1st U.S. dental hygienists course, Bridgeport, Ct
1940 - Green Bay Packers become 1st NFL team to travel by plane
1974 Union of Banana Exporting Countries (UPEB) forms

Word of the Day:

perseverate \per-SEV-uh-reyt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To repeat something insistently or redundantly.
2. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day
School Pride Day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics