Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:40 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,750,771 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? When my coworker broke wind the other day.

Extra credit Question:

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that

Gave out the little square sheets ? I can't remember.
Had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets ?
The huge roll like you see in many restrooms today ?
A roll on the back of the toilet ?

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? Yesterday. My wife says I spend too much time on here.

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? Yesterday, when I was watching Must Love Jaws on YouTube.

Today in History:
1800 - John Adams is 1st President to move into the White House
1869 - Suez Canal (Egypt) opens, links Mediterranean and Red seas
1913 - Panama Canal opens
1913 - 1st U.S. dental hygienists course, Bridgeport, Ct
1940 - Green Bay Packers become 1st NFL team to travel by plane
1974 Union of Banana Exporting Countries (UPEB) forms

Word of the Day:
perseverate \per-SEV-uh-reyt\ , intransitive verb;
1. To repeat something insistently or redundantly.
2. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day
School Pride Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 08:30 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,658,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday
Happy Tuesday to everyone! I am posting this a different way today, because I do not have much time. First day of new job went really good. Everyone seems really nice and helpful.
Well it is school day and I am teaching all 3 classes on my own, because the woman I teach with is out of town. It should be fine because we are doing radish seed necklaces and planting some lettuce seeds in pots that will eventually go into the hydroponic bins.
Wait I just realized that it is going to be me 60 kids,dirt and a water hose . oh yeah it is going to be a great morning
mental note: Do not wear good shoes today

But before I can leave for school I have to ask

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? I hate to say it, but I was playing cards with my kids, and to give you an idea, I called them the F twins (farts and feet)! My son had the foot problem, and you can probably guess the problem my daughter had!

Extra credit Question:

Back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that

Gave out the little square sheets ?
Honestly, I can't remember! It might have had the huge roll, because people were always clogging up the toilets with toilet paper.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? I am not sure I remember a time like that.......

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? Sometimes I want to say that to my dh, but with me working later in the afternoon now, he is getting to take kids to karate and guitar!

Today in History:

Word of the Day:
2. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder.

Today is:
National Baklava Day - Never had it!
Homemade Bread Day - Yum!
Take a Hike Day - Can I tell someone to Take a Hike??
School Pride Day - Woo Hoo!!

Well, as soon as I can get my son out of bed, I am off. It is raining pretty hard here this morning, so I know I am going to have to drag the dogs out the door to go to the bathroom! Have a wonderful day!!!
Ok - It told me my message was too short, so maybe I have to put something after the quote?????

Old 11-17-2009, 08:36 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,219,212 times
Hi everyone, have a great Tuesday

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? the other night something woke me up and uttering those same words but I didn't get a reply from anyone

Extra credit Question:

Finding it difficult to get a visual to accurately answer this query

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? someone somewhere could always argue that point

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? can't remember exactly

Today in History:

Word of the Day:

Today is:
National Baklava Day
Homemade Bread Day
Take a Hike Day
School Pride Day[/quote]
Time to take a hike I suppose.....
Enjoy your day!

Old 11-17-2009, 08:39 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,048,217 times
Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ?
I have uttered that phrase probaby on a daily basis. The worse time ever was when I moved to Sitka, AK. A couple days before getting there, the fish processing plant located smack dab in the middle of town had burned to the ground. 650,000 pounds of frozen fish thawed and spoiled. The apartment my dad's employer had for us was only a block away.

Extra credit Question:

Whatever it was must have really been horrid as I seem to have blocked all memory of it. I do remember the airport I worked at in Pasco,WA in the late 70's still used the single square sheets.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ?
I get accused of this quite often. Being one who enjoys good natured ribbing and practical jokes, I am always on the lookout for some unsuspecting target.

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ?

Probably on a daily basis. Even though in reality my sister works very hard and is very good at what she does, being her brother, it is my duty to keep reminding her she is an overpaid underworked Government employee.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:52 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,706,452 times
[quote=Karla with a K;11658450]Good morning everyone
Happy Tuesday

Well it is school day and I am teaching all 3 classes on my own, because the woman I teach with is out of town. It should be fine because we are doing radish seed necklaces and planting some lettuce seeds in pots that will eventually go into the hydroponic bins.
Wait I just realized that it is going to be me 60 kids,dirt and a water hose . oh yeah it is going to be a great morning
mental note: Do not wear good shoes today

Hope you had a blast today Karla...

But before I can leave for school I have to ask

[b]Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? many times lately, with the extra puppy I am always going around checking out corners....so far he has been very good

Extra credit Question:

Gave out the little square sheets ?this one

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? I honestly cannot remember the last time I had that much time, way before the kids were born I am sure and that was when I was going to college at night and working a full time job!!!! I had time to read in the evenings!!!!!

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? h,,, I've been tempted to say that to a couple people I know lately,but have refrained from such tacky talk....but I wanted to though....

Word of the Day:

2. To involuntarily repeat a particular response, such as a word, phrase, or gesture, despite the absence or cessation of a stimulus, usually caused by brain injury or other organic disorder. I must learn this word, as I do this with my boys all the time!!!

hope everyone has a great day today...it has cooled off considerably here since yesteday. I am loving it....

Old 11-17-2009, 09:05 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,439,597 times
Good Morning

Today's Question(s):

When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ? A few weeks ago on the airplane

Extra credit Question:

Gave out the little square sheets ? really don't remember it was sooo long ago

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? DH tells me that everyday when I always find something to do

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? everyday to DH when he sits there for hours playing a video game

Old 11-17-2009, 09:09 AM

24,697 posts, read 26,288,564 times
When was the last time you may of uttered the phrase "whew !! what is that smell" ?
Driving through a neighboring town on a hot day that had a lot of dairies and was hit with terrible oder that even penetrated the car with rolled up windows. Turned out to be a bloated dead cow waiting to be picked up by the disposal company.

Extra credit Question:

We had a Sears catalog in the out house.

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ?
Probably daily after the family has found out I have been on the puter most of the day.

on the flip side

When was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ?
When The Super Chief gets in one of her creative moods.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:13 AM

591 posts, read 667,258 times
Hi Karla, Carmac and I remember those days with the kids. We were Instructional Asst Handicap. I had Jr. High. students. GOOD LUCK.

Hi to all the others on CD.

When we smell the cows a couple of miles from us

Then last time I remember the toilet paper at school, it was not on the roll.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:24 AM

591 posts, read 667,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gue View Post
good morning! Happy birthday to njmike, grannysues son & me!

extra credit question:

back when you went to school, did the school have the toilet paper dispenser that

gave out the little square sheets ? wow-yeah!
had the "lock type roll" that gave you only 3 sheets ? no
the huge roll like you see in many restrooms today ? yes
a roll on the back of the toilet ? no

bonus question:

when was the last time you could of been accused of " having way to much time on your hands" ? not me!!!

on the flip side

when was the last time you wanted to say to someone "wow, you have way to much time on your hands" ? maybe upungest dd~who likes to live in her pajamas on the weekend...
happy birthday. And many more. Ladybee

Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,166,406 times
Today's Question(s):

Last night when I realized my dog really needs bath.

Extra credit Question:

Gave out the little square sheets ? these kind...in a fine sandpaper texture....they were so absorbant, too

Bonus Question:

When was the last time you could of been accused of " Having way to much time on your hands" ? okay now I have "Too much time on my hands" by Styx swimming thru my head But I'd have to say my hubby acuses me of that after a day of active c-d posting!

YouTube - Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics