Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:55 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,415,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by studedude View Post
[b]Today's Question(s):

What is your favorite outside summer game ?
Bikini watching

What is your favorite thing to take to the beach or pool ?
Very dark sun glasses so Mrs D doesn't see me playing my favorite summer game
You sound like my DH. When he was younger he loved the mirrored sunglasses because he could check out women and no one would know, lol. That was before me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 06:58 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,605,986 times
Today's Question(s):
Have you ever played
Horseshoes ? yep
Croquette ? yes - love the grass underfoot, the sound the mallet makes when it hits, and watching the ball slowly roll through the little post
Badminton ? birdie! yep

Bonus Question:
What is your favorite outside summer game ? riding bikes or climbing trees

Extra Credit Question:
What is your favorite thing to take to the beach or pool ? sunscreen and my man

Bonus Extra Credit Question:
If someone you knew really well was "redolent" in a "not so good way", would you let them know ? oh boy, i've been faced with this predicament before at work. Once with a manager who had horrible breath and once with a co-worker who had strong b.o. We never said anything to the manager but people did tell the woman about her b.o. It caused...a big "stink". Eventually things calmed down but she still smelled bad. I'm glad I wasn't one of the ones to tell her she stunk up the joint. However, I will tell my guy if his breath or b.o. is rough.

Today in History:
1866 - Charles Elmer Hires invents root beer delicious as is and even better with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream

Old 05-16-2009, 07:12 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,872,081 times
Today's Question(s):

Lets venture into the outside summer game venue

Have you ever played
Horseshoes ?
Croquette ?
Badminton ?
Yes to all. I haven't played horseshoes for a long time, but we had a horseshoe pit when I was growing up & played a lot. We still play croquette and badminton.
Bonus Question:

What is your favorite outside summer game ? We play hide-n-seek with the kids in the dark. My sister once stood in front of a bush convinced her husband was there. As she was demanding he come out of the bush he had climbed up the side of the house (it's a logcabin) and was looking down on her. Yes, most of us are in our 50s & I think some times we have a better time than the kids.
Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite thing to take to the beach or pool ? I don't know. I don't sit much at the beach, usually walking. I would like to try bocce like Charley mentioned. Oh, and Studedude, why do you think women wear sunglasses?

If someone you knew really well was "redolent" in a "not so good way", would you let them know ? Probably not. I grew up on a farm and know what Hdinia is talking about. Oh, and the custodian who worked at the school I first taught in worked on a farm. We could tell when he walked into the building!
I would like to tell some people who smoke that they are redolent smelling. Their kids come to school with jackets smelling of smoke. I don't think they're any more aware of it than the farmers.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:13 AM

947 posts, read 2,400,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizamary View Post

Have you ever played
Horseshoes ? No I haven't but they will have one set up at the clubhouse today. That and Bocce
Croquette ? Had a croquette set when I was younger. Loved it. A lot of fun.
Badminton ? yes but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn
Bonus Question:

What is your favorite outside summer game ? how about sitting by the pool with a drink in hand to see who can drink the most

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite thing to take to the beach or pool ? bathing suit Without that I'm nothing.

If someone you knew really well was "redolent" in a "not so good way", would you let them know ? I have to look up redolent and will get back when I know what this means.

Today in History:
1866 - Charles Elmer Hires invents root beer Always like sasperella better. Did he invent that too.

Word of the Day:
redolent \RED-uh-luhnt\ , adjective:
1. Having or exuding fragrance; scented; aromatic.
2. Full of fragrance; odorous; smelling (usually used with 'of' or 'with').

Oh I see. That is a tough one. No, it is tough, really tough. I was in this situation with someone who doesn't use deodorant. Oh it was awful. the whole house smelled like underarms pits. We had stayed over night and i brought my febreeze for the sheets but that didn't even make a dent.
Still couldn't say anything so we just don't go anymore. I can't.

Today is :
National Coquilles St. Jacques Day
International Pickle Day I got a good pickle story.LOL. Maybe another time.
National Spam Day (the one in a can not the one in your inbox ) oh lord please dont' tell me this is what is for dinner
Spaghetti-O Day not anymore but when I was a kid I did like this
Merry-Go-Round Day I"m getting dizzy
Pack Rat Day
not anymore. I dont' keep anything. Been there done that but now I dont' want that "stuff" if I can't use it.[/quote]

Come on tell the pickle story! Please!

Old 05-16-2009, 07:13 AM

18,230 posts, read 25,887,766 times
Good morning!
Question of the day: Lets venture into the outdoor summer game venue;Have you ever played horseshoes?.. YEP!... croquet? Yep!..badmitten? Yep!

What is your favorite thing to take to the beach or pool? sunglasses.

If someone you knew really well was "redolent" in a not so good way, would you let them know?... Yes, very tactfully.

International pickle day? YESS!!!!
national spam day? Not my favorite, but I'll eat it. Lady Ice, thanks for Monty's spam skit. "Well, we have spam, eggs, sausage and spam, that's got not much spam in it"! Monty is DA MAN!

Spaghetti-o day. OH OH, Spaghetti-o's!

Bonus question: What is your favorite outdoor summer game?...Although my knees won't let me, volleyball. also softball.

Pack rat day-the story of my life, I think!

Old 05-16-2009, 07:15 AM

821 posts, read 2,012,895 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever played
Horseshoes ?
yes, and thinking about buying a set now
Croquette ? no
Badminton ? yes, and that little birdie thingy would always get on top of the house for some reason

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite outside summer game ? as a kid, I would say softball out in the field (ground wasn't even level, and we had no way to measure bases and not enough people, but we had fun)

Extra Credit Question:

never go to the pool, but when I'm on vacation and at the beach
it's a sheet to lay on (easier to get the sand off it then a towel and it's bigger)
sunglasses, hat, drink, lotion, and I have to have a book

International Pickle Day can I have bread and butter pickles
National Spam Day it better be fired on sandwich with sliced tomato and mustard
Spaghetti-O Day if I seem this I get sick
Merry-Go-Round Day I'm ready to go round and round
Pack Rat Day some things I seem to store up and other things I just throw away, so not really too bad a pack rat, not that much storage space in the house.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:19 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,853,184 times

YouTube - Hair - Good Morning Starshine

Today's Question(s):

Have you ever played
Horseshoes ? Now why on earth would I deprive the noble creature of his proper footwear?
http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm263/jdfangman/Horse/Fourshoes.jpg (broken link)
Croquette ? yes.
but can anyone explain why I was looking up coquette for fun and came up with this?!?

Badminton ?
http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp295/kecISme/Badminton.gif (broken link)
I think someone takes the game a bit too seriously to come up with this one.

Bonus Question:

currently it is let Chrissy play with the sprinkler.
Today's Question Saturday 5-16-09-chrissy-wet.jpg

Extra Credit Question:

myself and a friend

If someone you knew really well was "redolent" in a "not so good way", would you let them know ?

Depends on the situation... but I can be very forward if the occassion calls for it. Esp if I know if they would be embarassed to find out in a different manor or from someone else.

Today in History:
1866 - Charles Elmer Hires invents root beer
http://ts2.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=586114284297&id=b65e764ae5aea18a4 ad545a849915de3 (broken link) and a wee plant shall lead the way.

1914 - American Horseshoe Pitchers Association organizes in Kansas City

1929 - The first Academy Awards were presented on this night, hosted by Douglas Fairbanks and William C. de Mille
And The winners are!
Outstanding Picture: The Broadway Melody
Best Actor: Warner Baxter, In Old Arizona

Best Actress: Mary Pickford, Coquette

Directing: Frank Lloyd, The Divine Lady

Writing: Hans Kraly, The Patriot

Cinematography: George Clyde De Vinna, White Shadows in the South Seas

Art Direction: Cedric Gibbons, The Bridge of San Luis Rey and other pictures

1965 - Spaghetti-O's 1st sold
My childhood favorite!

Today is :
National Coquilles St. Jacques Day
International Pickle Day

National Spam Day (the one in a can not the one in your inbox )

Spaghetti-O Day
Merry-Go-Round Day

YouTube - HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE ~ "Jinseino Merry-go-round"

Pack Rat Day

Old 05-16-2009, 07:26 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,819 times
Today's Question(s):

Good Morning Karla...

Have you ever played

Horseshoes ? A few times.
Croquette ? Absolutely love this!
Badminton ? In high school...I broke my best friends finger when I reached back with the racket to swing!

Bonus Question:

What is your favorite outside summer game ? Baseball

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite thing to take to the beach or pool ? Never go to a pool, but love taking a picnic to the beach anywhere along the coast of California.

If someone you knew really well was "redolent" in a "not so good way", would you let them know ? Probably not! I'm not THAT brave, nor would I want to hurn anyones feelings.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:31 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,047,317 times
Have you ever played
Horseshoes ?
Croquette ?
Badminton ?
Yes--have had fun with bocce and pétanque as well

I used to really love baseball, but croquette is good too

My dogs.
But I love to swim, too, so a bathing suit is necessary.
I always take something to read, but end up either vegging out or people-watching or playing with the dogs.

If someone you knew really well was "redolent" in a "not so good way", would you let them know ?
It depends how well "really well" is. If it is someone close, I would indeed probably say something very diplomatic.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:35 AM

27,365 posts, read 27,414,874 times
Today's Question(s):

Have you ever played
Horseshoes ?
Croquette ?
Badminton ?

Bonus Question:

Extra Credit Question:

Summer games, Ive played all three and enjoyed them.
Weird, but my favourite summer game is baseball!
My favourite thing to 'never leave home without' is Noxzema. I hear its great for sunburns.
And since I dont know the word in the 'extra bonus question', will take a raincheck on answering it for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics