Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:00 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,148,647 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday
12 shopping days !!!

Had a really early start today,when one of the dogs got up at 2 am every one else woke up to so with all of that activity I figured I might as well stay up.
For those of you that missed it there was a really beautiful full moon it was so clear that it was very bright out there.
I am a very proud Aunt today, my favorite nephew lol well he is my only nephew so he better be my favorite is graduating from Law School today !!!
I have often said "if I was 25 years younger I would go to Law School" So the 2 things gave me an idea for

Today's Question:

If you could go back to school ( the Education Fairy 4th cousin twice removed form the moving Fairy wold pay your bills while you did this) what would you love to study ?

Bonus Question:

You know the trays your fast food comes on, well have you ever accidentally either thrown out your keys because they were on the tray or had the tray slip and end up in the trash can ?

makes you wonder why they have the "please do not throw out trays" signs on the trash cans

Extra credit Question:
Is there one or 2 words that you constantly "mistype" and have to go back and fix ?

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay

Have you ever received a Fruit Cake ?
Did you actually eat it or just pass it along.

Because we all know there are really only 5 Fruit cakes they just go from person to person

Today in History:
December 13, 1759 1st music store in America opens (Phila)
December 13, 1809 - The first abdominal surgical procedure was performed -- in Danville, Kentucky. The patient was Jane Todd Crawford and the operation was performed without the aid of an anesthetic.
December 13, 1843 "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens published,
December 13, 1928 Clip-on tie designed
December 13, 1975 1st time Saturday Night Live uses a time delay - Richard Pryor was host

Word of the Day:
quaggy \KWAGG-ee/ adjective
1 : marshy
2 : flabby

Today is:
Ice Cream and Violins Day
and
National Savings Bank Day
it is also
National Clip-on Tie day
and our own
National Take a Nap Day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 04:28 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,371,081 times
Default Today's Question:

If you could go back to school ( the Education Fairy 4th cousin twice removed form the moving Fairy wold pay your bills while you did this) what would you love to study ? ...........Forestry

Bonus Question:

You know the trays your fast food comes on, well have you ever accidentally either thrown out your keys because they were on the tray or had the tray slip and end up in the trash can ? .......I've had to fish a few from the can

makes you wonder why they have the "please do not throw out trays" signs on the trash cans

Extra credit Question:
Is there one or 2 words that you constantly "mistype" and have to go back and fix ? ..........Most of them

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay..........NAY

Have you ever received a Fruit Cake ?...........Yes
Did you actually eat it or just pass it along......Passed it to the trash can

Because we all know there are really only 5 Fruit cakes they just go from person to person

Old 12-13-2008, 04:43 AM

607 posts, read 1,335,410 times
Good (early) morning everyone!

Today's Question:

If you could go back to school ( the Education Fairy 4th cousin twice removed form the moving Fairy wold pay your bills while you did this) what would you love to study ?
Textile design.
Bonus Question:

You know the trays your fast food comes on, well have you ever accidentally either thrown out your keys because they were on the tray or had the tray slip and end up in the trash can ?
This seems like another reason to avoid fast food!

Extra credit Question:
Is there one or 2 words that you constantly "mistype" and have to go back and fix ?

Niece. Just did it again. Is that right???

Old 12-13-2008, 05:06 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,441,182 times
Today's Question:
If you could go back to school (the Education Fairy 4th cousin twice removed form the moving Fairy wold pay your bills while you did this) what would you love to study?
Political science then law.

Bonus Question:
You know the trays your fast food comes on, well have you ever accidentally either thrown out your keys because they were on the tray or had the tray slip and end up in the trash can?
I don't think so.

Extra credit Question:
Is there one or 2 words that you constantly "mistype" and have to go back and fix?
Misspelled.

Extra Bonus Question:
Fruit Cake yay or nay
Nay.

Have you ever received a Fruit Cake?
Yes.

I pretended to eat it and promptly threw it out.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:51 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,024,822 times
Journalism and Art. I'd double major.

No on the tray.

On IM, both my daughter and I type I love you the same as we're signing off, "I lov eyou".

Haven't received a fruit cake in 30 years. Like a faithful old comet, it's about time for it to come back around this way.

No, I don't eat it. I don't want to deprive someone else the pleasure so I pass it on.

Last edited by Whyte Byrd; 12-13-2008 at 06:09 AM..

Old 12-13-2008, 06:44 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,055,469 times
If you could go back to school, what would you love to study?

I was an athlete in school. I was pretty good but never really took it seriously. If I had started working on it at an earlier age and with true dedication, I might have had a career in baseball. I think if I could start over again, I'd really work on it seriously, keep myself in better shape and NOT done some of the things I did that ruined my knees in the first place.

... and now, back to the kitchen where we are going to turn out a few thousand cookies between today and tomorrow! Have a great weekend everyone!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:57 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,618,171 times
Congrats to your nephew!!

So many things! I'd start with education (would love to be a nursery school teacher), law, animal husbandry, veterinary medicine, auto mechanics, nursing, psychology, agriculture, accounting, culinary arts, interior design, religion & philosophy. sociology

No. I never put my keys on the tray. They are in my pocket or purse before I ever get the tray.

"the." My fingers are not connected to my brain and it often comes out as "teh"

Fruit Cake yay or nay
DOUBLE NAY. Wicked tasting and in all my years, I've only been able to make one that was passable, but why bother? Regular cake with a side of fresh fruit is better.

Yes.

I'd give it to my mom, she always appreciated them and thought of them as a very special treat.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:23 AM

1,821 posts, read 5,154,048 times
Congrats to your nephew, quite the accomplishment! So if any of us on CD need a lawyer, we get a discount right?

I'm actually a "I went back to school" student part of the time at the moment. I'm studying logistics. Hopefully this will be the last of my studies, or I'm going to get labeled with the "Professional Student" stamp!

Never had a fast food tray mishap.

I nuver spel nuttin baddd! I tipe purfekt 2!

No Fruit cake please.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:24 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,539,368 times
I would go back to study Journalism..It was always my dream to be a writer, reporter..

Yes, I even have tossed others peoples keys in the garbage can

Yes, I consistantly type "yoi" for yoi

My Fil would come for Christmas with his "regift" of a fruitcake in a round tin Christmas can..I would slice it down for the Christmas Eve buffet, and throw it out during cleanup and save the pretty can for next year for me to fill with homemade cookies or candy.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:32 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,665,326 times
It's National Take a Nap Day, you'll have to wait till later for my answers!

If I want back to school I'd study Interior Design.

I never lost my keys on a fast food tray.

I have to watch words with the letters ie and ei.

No fruit cakes for me. Glad to learn there are only five fruit cakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics