Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,150,178 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
Happy Saturday

Yay it is the weekend !!! Not much exciting going on here in NEFL
I think it is going to be a pretty quiet weekend, which is just fine because I have been fighting this nasty bug that just refuses to leave

Though I am sure we can stir thing up a bit with

Today's Question(s):

Where is the funniest/strangest place you have "dozed off" ?

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ?

What was your last surprise ?

Extra Credit Question:
With summer right around the corner and vacations coming up

What is your favorite non traditional travel tip ?

Just for Fun:
How many aprons do you have in your home ?
How many buckets would we find at your home ?

Today in History:
1783 - Benjamin Tower of Philadelphia publishes 1st daily newspaper in U.S.
1848 - William G. Young patents ice cream freezer
1889 - Brassier invented
1901 - Memorial Day 1st observed in U.S.
1922 - Lincoln Memorial dedicated
1976 - Bobby Unser sets world record for fastest pit stop (4 seconds)

Word of the Day:
taciturn \TAS-uh-turn\ , adjective:
Habitually silent; not inclined to talk.

Today is:
National Mint Julep Day
Compact Disc Day
Water a flower Day
My bucket's got a hole in it day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 06:58 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,146,972 times
Ha!!! Gotcha!!! LOL!!! Good morning Karla, hope you can zap that nasty bug, and enjoy your weekend!!! Have a good one, everybody!!!

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ?
I love suprises, who doesn't???

When Hub, said he found the most beautiful camping spot a few months ago. Turned out to be in our very own front yard!!! So much fun!!!

Extra Credit Question:

Don't think they're "non-traditional", but since baby grandson has been here, I've discovered wet wipes!!! LOL!!! I use them for everything!!!

Just for Fun:
Funny you should ask this one.................when I was cleaning out my closet the other day, found a bag of four or five vintage 50's aprons, that my crazy ol' a
Aunt had given me about 10 years ago. So probably about 8 aprons!!!

Funny you should ask this one too, Karla.....................my hub, is a ceramic tile contractor, and we have a gajillion 5 gal. buckets!!!

Have a great Saturday everyone. Am cooking Fresh Bass Tacos, later on. Cold Tecates on ice! Ya'll come on over!, and we can have a good ole time in Funky Town!!

Last edited by Sweetie Pie; 05-30-2009 at 07:12 AM..

Old 05-30-2009, 07:05 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,069 times

A .......
GOOD MORNING....EVERYONE!!!
Believe it or not.....a concert!!
Yes, I can tune things out when this girl needs a nap!!

Do you like surprises ?
Oh, yes!! Especially pretty ones!!

What was your last surprise
A Star Bucks coffee!! Brought to me at home!! wOO hOO...

With summer right around the corner and vacations coming up....
I'm already celebrating SUMMER....
Take lot's of snacks and drinks!!

Just for Fun:
Two....if my mind serves me right!!!

One!!

Word of the Day:
Habitually silent; not inclined to talk.....LOL, can't say that about me!!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:10 AM

18,951 posts, read 11,615,465 times
Hope you kick the bug to the curb today Karla!

Where is the funniest/strangest place you have "dozed off" ? When I was a kid at my best friend's house we were adamant about staying up late even though we were both exhausted. We would NOT be sent to bed! I ended up pretending to look under the sofa for something and fell fast asleep

Bonus Question :
Do you like surprises ? sometimes...sometimes they make me anxious - how sad is that LOL

What was your last surprise ? the ones that came to me first were all associated with a negative surprise - so i'll skip this for now!

Extra Credit Question:
What is your favorite non traditional travel tip ? in Greece a lot of the toilets that aren't in private homes/hotels are pretty much just a hole in the ground that you squat over. Also, most places there can't handle flushing toilet paper - there's a separate bin where you toss the paper.

Just for Fun:
How many aprons do you have in your home ? none
How many buckets would we find at your home ? one?

Today in History:
1783 - Benjamin Tower of Philadelphia publishes 1st daily newspaper in U.S.thank you!
1848 - William G. Young patents ice cream freezer thank you!
1889 - Brassier invented no thank you!
1901 - Memorial Day 1st observed in U.S. we're heading to the veteran cemetery this morning
1922 - Lincoln Memorial dedicated thank you!
1976 - Bobby Unser sets world record for fastest pit stop (4 seconds) pit stops are the best part of nascar!

Word of the Day:
Habitually silent; not inclined to talk. Not gonna happen!

Today is:
National Mint Julep Day mmmm
Compact Disc Day tunes
Water a flower Day is this code for pee in the garden?
My bucket's got a hole in it day ummm...again...is this code?

Old 05-30-2009, 07:12 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,394,994 times
Where is the funniest/strangest place you have "dozed off" ? During the relaxation time in a sports class Guess she was very good making a relaxing environment with soft music rofl

Do you like surprises ? Yes, I love'em!

What was your last surprise ? Hmmm, can't remember...

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite non traditional travel tip? Don't know if it's a tip but we're going to Hungary again this year. We're always staying at a family's house in a suburb of Budapest and from there it's not far away to the Balaton lake or into the bigger cities around. Moreover, the family we're staying with sometimes takes us on tours which aren't usually seen by tourists. Saw Joe Cocker for free once and had a amazing sightseeing tour at night with them!

Just for Fun:
How many aprons do you have in your home ? None...
How many buckets would we find at your home ? Can't count them. They seem to grow more and more in numbers when we're not looking

Old 05-30-2009, 07:12 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,056,069 times

ZZZZzzzzzz... ZZZZzzzzzz... ZZZZzzzzzz... ZZZZzzzzzz...

Huh? Question of the Day? Oh sorry. I must have dozed off waiting for it. Good morning Karla and everyone!!

Do you like surprises ?

It depends on the surprise. See next question.

Cancer. (Well? You did ask.)

With summer right around the corner and vacations coming up, what is your favorite non traditional travel tip ?

When I go to a new location for the first time, I check out what restaurants are in the area before we leave and I like to look for those that are unique. I check out their websites to get an idea about the menu, the cost and whether there are coupons, discounts or specials. I try to find the unusual or unique because the "usual suspects" (Applebees, Outback, TGIF, Chili's, etc) are always available at home. Why travel to eat the same old thing?

Sometimes, if you can find a local diner in your vacation area, you can get a taste of local cuisines that you cannot get at home. Things like pulled pork, biscuits and gravy, country fried steak, crab boil, etc, do not exist in New York and I tasted them for the first time while "out of town".

How many aprons do you have in your home?

I have two - for my exploits out at the grill. I don't know if my wife actually has one.

How many buckets would we find at your home? Many!

1848 - William G. Young patents ice cream freezer

Where did they keep the ice cream before 1848??

Old 05-30-2009, 07:15 AM

18,249 posts, read 25,912,075 times
Good morning!
Question of the day: Where is the funniest/strangest place you have "dozed off".... In Nebraska Furniture Mart's stereo department with heavy metal music blaring, was sitting in this real comfy recliner and I zonked out!

Bonus question: Do you like surprises? I LIKE SURPRISES!!
What was your last surprise? A stray cat p*op*ng on the hood of the Buick-sheesh!

Extra credit question: With summer right around the corner and vacations coming up, what is your favorite non traditional travel tip?, Hmm, gotta think on that one!

Just for fun: How many aprons do you have at home? One. Has the Denver bronco logo on it. YAY!
How many buckets should we find at your home? Three

Today is compact disc day! Yipee! Think I'll buy me some CD's YEEHAW!

Yard sales-here I come!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:19 AM

27,383 posts, read 27,429,648 times
Today's Question(s):

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ?

Extra Credit Question:

Just for Fun:

The strangest place Ive ever dozed off was at the movies a long time ago. The show was boring and so was the person I was there with.

Surprises? Depends on where or who they come from.
We dont do aprons here. And buckets, well, we have several of those big paint buckets in the garage, one of which we use for mopping, lol.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:27 AM

4,498 posts, read 6,322,886 times
Today's Question(s):

I never doze anywhere, I don't seem to need a lot of sleep and I only sleep in bed.

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ? Only if it means presents . People find it hard to surprise me though because I have very strong instincts and know what's going on well before I should.

What was your last surprise ? I wasn't surprised at recieving a mothers day present but I was surprised at the quality. I know how that sounds but it was my first year that I didn't recieve burnt toast, cold coffee and a flower from the garden (as much as I loved those things and the home made gifts). This year was something that she obviously thought about and knew that I would really like, and I did, it actually bought a tear to my eye because of the thought she put into it.
Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite non traditional travel tip ? If your travelling in Australia don't swim in any natural body of water up in the far north of the country, something will eat you.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:27 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,212,113 times
Good Morning. Have to answer the questions then go wash the bike (then me) to go on up to the Rock And Ride at the nearby Harley shop.
Denied:1up! Software ()

Today's Question(s):

I was VERY anxious about flying and took a couple of Xanax so started dozing on the flight home - wouldn't have been so bad except I also started snoring!!

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ?
If they are good ones - then yes.
What was your last surprise ? Last really good one that I can think of was a few years ago. I thought that my BIL and his wife were coming to stay with us for a weekend but instead Mom & Joe (my stepdad) showed up from Florida! He just walked right into the office (she didn't come in right away because they weren't even sure it was the right place) -- I screamed! It was a good thing! -- This was a surprise for me. Turn around is fair play! I worked with my little brother, had him meet me at the airport and take me to her house. I just showed up on her doorstep to visit for a week! She was thrilled! Sorry that got to be a long answer!

Extra Credit Question:

Keep in mind that even in August it is possible to get caught on top of the Grand Mesa in Colorado in a sudden downpour, on motorcycles with below 50 degree temps and... HAIL!

Just for Fun:
none
How many buckets would we find at your home ? Several - for yardwork, mopping, and use as carryalls for tools/parts the guys are using/picking up out in the garage when they are working on vehicles.

Word of the Day:
Habitually silent; not inclined to talk. -- Believe it or not, this is me many times. I have a bad habit when nervous to either talk entirely too much (see today's post as example of what I can do when not nervous then multiply!) or I don't talk at all. Depends on my mood, the subject, who and how many people are around.

Today is:
National Mint Julep Day eh... not bad
Compact Disc Day have a few of those around the place!
Water a flower Day Thanks for the reminder!
My bucket's got a hole in it day Good way to water the flowers!

Karla - I hope you feel better soon!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics