Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:38 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,631,430 times

Advertisements

Today's Question(s):

Where is the funniest/strangest place you have "dozed off" ?
I'm not a dozer, wish I could fall asleep that easy I do fall asleep sitting in my chair alot though

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ?..............good stuff, yeah...bad stuff, no

What was your last surprise ?....my son taking me to dinner last night

Extra Credit Question:
With summer right around the corner and vacations coming up

What is your favorite non traditional travel tip ?....tips? Er....don't drink the water?

Just for Fun:
How many aprons do you have in your home ?.............zero
How many buckets would we find at your home ?.........one

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 10:06 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,614,072 times
Where is the funniest/strangest place you have "dozed off" ? I can relate to the pilot Crew Chief knew. I did that too - on a smaller scale. Clear night, no wind, I was standing and waiting for the bus and dozed off standing on a street corner. When my eyes opened, the bus was there, door opened and driver staring at me. I was out for the count! The bus driver said he didn't say anything because he thought I was praying.

Another time, I was quite ill. Spent more time in the outhouse than anywhere else and suffered constipation, as well. So I took a laxative and waited - on the cushioned throne straddling a hole - and waited... and waited... and fell asleep. Isn't camping fun!?

Do you like surprises ? Not unless I am the one surprising me. I do it all the time.

* When cold weather comes along, I'll get my coat out of the closet and find $20 in one of the pockets.

* getting my light parka out for spring and finding money in the pockets.

* I'll be counting and rolling loose change and find that I have over $100 collected over the course of a year of saving all loose change.

* When my garden grows, it is always a surprise to see what I will harvest from where. I just plant seeds, then seedlings and generally have no clue what is planted where. Kind of like an Easter Egg Hunt in the fall.

What was your last surprise ? My supervisor said he was instructed to give random drug tests one day. I said OK. He stared at me for a moment, then said, "You pass."

What is your favorite non traditional travel tip ? Always wear stockings and a skirt or dress. Men are more apt to stop and help a stranded lady in a dress than one wearing sweats or jeans. I always wear a dress or skirt when I travel (and armed to the teeth in the event the wrong sort gets any ideas about me being a soft target).

Magnum Mike, do the sighted world a favor and do NOT wear a dress or skirt - EVER.

How many aprons do you have in your home ? 2 in West Virginia and 2 in Maine

How many buckets would we find at your home ? Um, if I tell you, will you believe me? Roughly 50. Most are 6-gallon size with lids. And no, none are for sale and I have none to spare...

Old 05-30-2009, 10:26 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,680,354 times
Today's Question(s):

Almost anyplace you can pull over and lock the doors. I can sleep anywhere.

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ?
Yes

What was your last surprise ?
Mrs D met me at the door and she was wearing ************ and she *****************

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite non traditional travel tip ?
Since most accidents happen within 50 mi of your home, never travel less than 50 miles.

Just for Fun:
How many aprons do you have in your home ?
Just 1, my coveted "PIT PAL" apron. Given to me by Jody & Dave, the guys who own the place.

How many buckets would we find at your home ?
At least 5

Today in History:
1783 - Benjamin Tower of Philadelphia publishes 1st daily newspaper in U.S.
1848 - William G. Young patents ice cream freezer Ice cream for everyone.
1889 - Brassier invented
1901 - Memorial Day 1st observed in U.S.
1922 - Lincoln Memorial dedicated
1976 - Bobby Unser sets world record for fastest pit stop (4 seconds)

Word of the Day:
taciturn \TAS-uh-turn\ , adjective:
Habitually silent; not inclined to talk.

Today is:
National Mint Julep Day
Compact Disc Day
Water a flower Day
My bucket's got a hole in it day[/quote]

YouTube - My Bucket's Got A Hole In It (Hank Sr.)

Old 05-30-2009, 10:27 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,652,230 times
Today's Question(s):

Where is the funniest/strangest place you have "dozed off" ? I sleep everywhere.

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ? No

What was your last surprise ? People know better than to do that to me.

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite non traditional travel tip ? Carry your clothes in a portable ice chest and when you get to the motel put your clothes in the drawers and use the chest for the beach or picnic. I saw this suggestion in an RCI magazine and thought it was interesting.

Just for Fun:
How many aprons do you have in your home ? none
How many buckets would we find at your home ? a couple in the garage.
That answer may not be true. We buy washing powders in a container that has a handle and we use the powders and reuse the container for important papers, since it is water and bug proof. I think that would technically be a bucket and we have a lot of them.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:38 AM

5,987 posts, read 11,680,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post

[/b]What is your favorite non traditional travel tip ? Always wear stockings and a skirt or dress. Men are more apt to stop and help a stranded lady in a dress than one wearing sweats or jeans. I always wear a dress or skirt when I travel (and armed to the teeth in the event the wrong sort gets any ideas about me being a soft target). [i][color=Blue]
I think I am speaking for my gender when I say, we do not discriminate. We will stop for a size 4 women even if she can only afford size 3 jeans.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:43 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,285,220 times
Okay, although embarrassing, the funniest place I dozed off was in the bathroom on the throne. I was in an extremely boring meeting and had eaten some pastries, something I should never do as sweets make me so tired. Anyway, I was sitting and listening getting sleepier by the minute and hardly able to keep open my eyes. I had a very bright idea, walked to the restroom, and sat down. I put my chin in my hands with my elbows on my knees and took a little nap, one of the best I've had.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:51 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,203,287 times

Are ya all ready for this? Having my teeth cleaned. I had worked a double shift then remembered I had a cleaning didn't want to wait months getting a new appt.

Do you like surprises ?

My DD had my garden tilled up; called the guy had him come down here while we were visiting a neighbor, paid him out of her money. BTW she is 14 and didn't ask brother to help her.

With kids pack their outfits in gallon ziplock bags then each day they just have to pick a bag out. In each bag will have their shirt, shorts/pants, socks, undies and for girls hair doodles. Keeps the suitcase so organized, no wars or time delays when getting dressed the next morning and it all matches!

How many aprons do you have in your home ? 2
5-6

Old 05-30-2009, 10:58 AM

24,499 posts, read 26,042,042 times
In a boring slide presentation at work.

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ?
Nope

Extra Credit Question:

Pack light and if you need something. pick it up on the other end.

Just for Fun:
Zero, nada, ziltch.

about 8.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:33 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,363,371 times
Default Today's Question(s

Where is the funniest/strangest place you have "dozed off" ?...On the back of a motorcycle many many years ago.

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ? ...Not really

What was your last surprise ? ...My wife bought me a camcorder

Extra Credit Question:

What is your favorite non traditional travel tip ?...Get in the car and just go, no plans.

Just for Fun:
How many aprons do you have in your home ?....None as far as I know
How many buckets would we find at your home ? ..A few in the home and a bunch outside, I love buckets, their so handy

Everyone have a great weekend and enjoy yourselves.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:54 AM

5,680 posts, read 10,341,841 times
Today's Question(s):

I don't know if it's funny or strange, but the last place other than a bed where I dozed off was waiting for a table at a restaurant this past Monday evening. Spouse and I had both put in some really long hours working at the convention all weekend, decided we were too tired to cook supper when we got home Monday afternoon, and went to a little diner nearby to eat. There weren't any tables available when we arrived, so we sat down in the foyer to wait a bit, and the spouse had to wake me up when a table opened up a few moments later.

Bonus Question :

Do you like surprises ?

It kind of depends on the nature of the surprise. I HATE things like surprise parties and surprise birthday celebrations, but there are some surprises that are really quite nice.

A month or so ago, I got a letter from a publisher inquiring about reprinting an essay I wrote about 8 years ago in an upcoming anthology. I don't know if it's actually going to come to pass, but it was a lovely little surprise to find when I opened the envelope.

Extra Credit Question:

Hmm, let's see, non-traditional. We don't do a lot of traveling, so that's a bit of a puzzle. I guess the best advice I could give would be to build in plenty of napping time and don't over-book yourself with too much to do.

Just for Fun:

At least half a dozen, all of them the kind that have a strap that goes around the neck and that covers most of the front of the wearer. They get regular use whenever we do baking, frying splattery things or grilling outside.

Well, there's the floor-mopping bucket, two gardening buckets, the bucket o' cleaning stuff that I haul around on cleaning day, and a general-purpose bucket, so I guess that makes five.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics