Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 07:34 AM

19,728 posts, read 10,550,808 times

Advertisements

Today's Question:

If you could go back to school ( the Education Fairy 4th cousin twice removed form the moving Fairy wold pay your bills while you did this) what would you love to study ?
Computer Technology

Bonus Question:

You know the trays your fast food comes on, well have you ever accidentally either thrown out your keys because they were on the tray or had the tray slip and end up in the trash can ?
as well as my checkbook...........

makes you wonder why they have the "please do not throw out trays" signs on the trash cans
yep, sure does!
Extra credit Question:
Is there one or 2 words that you constantly "mistype" and have to go back and fix ?
The "word" I correct the most? debey(devet) is me, as well!!!LOL

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay

Have you ever received a Fruit Cake ?
Did you actually eat it or just pass it along
I can't even force myself to "regift" those things.....and the neighborhood dog doesn't like it, either!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 07:34 AM

18,292 posts, read 26,072,035 times
If I went back to school, one thing I really want to study is American history of the west, from the end of the civil war to around 1900. I've gotten real interested in frontier towns, like Deadwood,S.D., Tombstone, Arizona, etc.

I don't discriminate on misspelling, most everything gets misspelled!

Had a few tray mishaps, one involving keys, and one involving my billfold, still haven't figured that one out. Yikes!

Have gotten fruit cakes and I scarf them right up! Yums!

National take a nap day? YESSS!!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:42 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,794,589 times

If you could go back to school ( the Education Fairy 4th cousin twice removed form the moving Fairy wold pay your bills while you did this) what would you love to study ?
I work in schools all the time - from K to University level! However, I would love to have a Doctorate in Play Therapy.

You know the trays your fast food comes on, well have you ever accidentally either thrown out your keys because they were on the tray or had the tray slip and end up in the trash can ? No, that is one thing I have not done.

Is there one or 2 words that you constantly "mistype" and have to go back and fix ?
LOL, I get to typing fast sometimes and "mistype" more than one or two words.

Fruit Cake yay or nay A friend makes Fruit Cake every year from an old old family receipe - hers is very good. I just say no to all the rest.

Have you ever received a Fruit Cake ? I receive a small one ever year from the above mentioned friend.
Did you actually eat it or just pass it along. That one is sliced and served - all others are donated to the dump.

Because we all know there are really only 5 Fruit cakes they just go from person to person

Bad fruit cake stops with me!

Old 12-13-2008, 07:47 AM
ECG

42,605 posts, read 2,754,257 times
Default Today's Question:

Today's Question:

I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO STUDY MEDICINE

Bonus Question:

You know the trays your fast food comes on, well have you ever accidentally either thrown out your keys because they were on the tray or had the tray slip and end up in the trash can ?

I HARDLY EAT FAST FOOD....SO, NO KEYS ON THE TRASH

Extra credit Question:

either

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay

nay

yes
Did you actually eat it or just pass it along.

pass it along

Old 12-13-2008, 07:49 AM

48,474 posts, read 22,132,437 times

I think I would like to go to Unitarian-Universalist Seminary.

Bonus Question:

I havent had this experience......I very very seldom go to a fast food resturant. Less than twice a year.

Extra credit Question:

I do have certain words I misspell habitually.....not mistype.....opinion used to be one and balance was another.....I have those down now....but I know there are others. As I age I do seem to get dyslexic and I reverse or mirror image certain letters.

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay

I love a good fruitcake......soaked in liquor and aged!

Have you ever received a Fruit Cake ? My Mom used to make and gift one based on Martha Washington's recipe......the ladies at the Dexter Maine Unitarian Church used to bake them and sell them mail order as a fund raiser.

What I wouldn't give for one of my Mom's today!

I would sooner eat a real fruit cake than a ton of cool whipped instant pudding crammed in a graham pie shell monstrocity.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:30 AM
NCN

21,669 posts, read 25,757,163 times
Today's Question:

In school I could always get the second or third highest test score on almost every subject, but never the best score on any subject except accounting. So I started to college taking business courses and met the most boring people in accounting class. That was when I started with the Real Estate courses. One of my neighbors and I were talking about it and she said, "If you could get paid for talking, you would probably make millions." Got my brokers license, but Mr. VA didn't like the idea of me being out of the house with strange people, (Real estate agents were being murdered at that time.) so I compromised and started working as a library clerk and ended up the branch manager when the circulation of my library went through the roof. I was the only person working there. I think I found my place and became very happy doing just that. I started out in a room 11'X33' and ended up in a brand new library three years later. I think I may have had something to do with that. The people in that town had been trying to get a new library for 12 years, but they were going at it in a wrong way. I redirected them. You don't get a new library by bellyacheing to the government. You show the politicians why it is to their advantage to get you a new library.

I kept up my real estate license and may use it when I get old someday, but I am enjoying goofing off right now.

Bonus Question:

Yes, I have had a tray or two slip out of my hands when I was dumping the contents.

makes you wonder why they have the "please do not throw out trays" signs on the trash cans

Extra credit Question:
I have to go back all the time. I am leaving it alone this time and I will let you tell me what I mispelled. I am spelling challenged.

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay--Yes, Claxton fruitcakes are the one and only.
http://www.claxtonfruitcake.com/

Have you ever received a Fruit Cake ? Don't think so, I usually buy them.
Did you actually eat it or just pass it along. Goodness, yes. Those Claxton fruitcakes are so good they are sinful.

Because we all know there are really only 5 Fruit cakes they just go from person to person--Speak for yourself there. You don't know what you are missing!

Old 12-13-2008, 08:51 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,308,819 times
If you could go back to school ( the Education Fairy 4th cousin twice removed form the moving Fairy wold pay your bills while you did this) what would you love to study ? Accountant I love numbers, and Art.

Bonus Question:

You know the trays your fast food comes on, well have you ever accidentally either thrown out your keys because they were on the tray or had the tray slip and end up in the trash can ? Nope

Extra credit Question:

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay Yuck

Have you ever received a Fruit Cake ? Yes
Did you actually eat it or just pass it along. Passed it to the trash can.

Because we all know there are really only 5 Fruit cakes they just go from person to person

Old 12-13-2008, 09:04 AM

54,511 posts, read 33,979,136 times
Today's Question:

If you could go back to school ( the Education Fairy 4th cousin twice removed form the moving Fairy wold pay your bills while you did this) what would you love to study ? Hmmm... let's see.. City Data Forums etiquette 101, Advanced Inglesh Edukashun, and How To Understand Women 101...

Bonus Question:

makes you wonder why they have the "please do not throw out trays" signs on the trash cans - No, but I have accidentally thrown out the table..

Extra credit Question:
Is there one or 2 words that you constantly "mistype" and have to go back and fix ? I fiks the word fix...

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay If it's sugar-free, then it's a yay.

Have you ever received a Fruit Cake ? Once or twice.
Did you actually eat it or just pass it along. I can't remember what I did with it.

Because we all know there are really only 5 Fruit cakes they just go from person to person That sounds... scary!

Old 12-13-2008, 09:22 AM

2,177 posts, read 3,560,832 times

Girls? I would probably take up something involving forestry or wildlife.

Bonus Question:

NO, but taking you came up with this question I am guessing you have had this experience.

Extra credit Question:

Their & beautiful.

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay

BARF

Kept it, eat it? No, but it does make a mighty fine door stop.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:27 AM

27,497 posts, read 27,521,349 times
Today's Question:

Bonus Question:

Extra credit Question:

Extra Bonus Question:

Fruit Cake yay or nay

If I went back to school I would take up courses in paramedics. I hear they do pretty well and youd be helping others.

Ive never thrown out anythingn because I dont set things on the trays. But my daughter has lost her cellphone a few times (typical blonde!) and had to get new phones because drinks went right with them into the trash...and you guessed it, Coke, coffee and milkshakes dont mix well with electronics.
Mistype? Heck I typo many words, and dont always proofread.
NO on the fruitcake, and no, we dont give or havent received on in....forever (thank gawd)!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics