Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:56 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Twinkle Toes, on December 21, 2012, (Winter Solstice) a very rare planetary alignment, that happens only once every hundreds of thousands of years, might cause some catastrophic events on earth.

Could be like traffic alignment getting on the freeway in the morning. Everyone is at a stop behind the long long line of cars waiting to get onto it and then there’s a rear ender at the back of the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 08:08 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,879,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
This is an interesting subject to ponder.
Are any examples given of what these catastrophic events might be?
I mean, I'm not gonna be able to get out of paying my taxes, am I?
Nobody knows yet, but some think they'll be as small as satelite signals being interrupted, to earth's magnetic polarity getting reversed, and planets in our solar system imploding from the sun's gamma rays. - I've also heard on that day, don't be flying in case satelite signals get interrupted, since GPS is used in navigation these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

Could be like traffic alignment getting on the freeway in the morning. Everyone is at a stop behind the long long line of cars waiting to get onto it and then there’s a rear ender at the back of the line.
LOL... that's a normal day in any big city, Aksarben!

Old 02-03-2009, 10:06 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,014,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Nobody knows yet, but some think they'll be as small as satelite signals being interrupted, to earth's magnetic polarity getting reversed, and planets in our solar system imploding from the sun's gamma rays. - I've also heard on that day, don't be flying in case satelite signals get interrupted, since GPS is used in navigation these days.

LOL... that's a normal day in any big city, Aksarben!
LOL I know, I was gonna say how's that any different than Seattle traffic?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,294,089 times
Interesting,I haven't heard about this. See you do learn something new everyday.

Old 02-03-2009, 01:55 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,727,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
It wasn't said to have been a destruction 26 thousand years ago. It was said to have switched the poles, turned the earth on it's axis--which is said to have caused earthquakes and floods and volcanic eruptions, etc. I think it's doing it slowly now. I don't think it happens all at once. But, they say if it does it could get a little scary--but no total destruction. So, rest easy.

Oh, and maybe wear a seat belt 24/7. Just incase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I'm talking about the sun aligning with the Milky Way--what's supposed to take place 12/21/12--what this post is about. That only happens every 26,000 years and it will be 26,000 years since the last one in 12/12.
It was said to have switched the poles,

Which is what I was talking about. It is a known scientific fact that it did not happen 26,000 years ago, and the Earth does not flip on it's axis, only the magnetic field flips. That is what I referenced in the link.

And I apologize for talking about something you aren't allowing in this thread. I will leave you to all those who stay within the boundaries set forth by you.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:14 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,014,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post

And I apologize for talking about something you aren't allowing in this thread. I will leave you to all those who stay within the boundaries set forth by you.
Oh stop martyring! LOL I wasn't saying that at all. I don't mind topic evolving as long as it stays within a wide range. I was just clarifying my statement as in response to the main thought.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:38 PM

36,441 posts, read 16,043,304 times
My friend in CA told me it would be the beginning of the end Not anything that had to do with alignment or the universe, but like in Revelations!! But I have been hearing that for years, every time there is some sort of major disaster.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,900,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
It was said to have switched the poles,

Which is what I was talking about. It is a known scientific fact that it did not happen 26,000 years ago, and the Earth does not flip on it's axis, only the magnetic field flips. That is what I referenced in the link.
I agree with Tek,,,, I heard or read this as well someplace a while back.

Old 02-03-2009, 03:30 PM

27 posts, read 84,594 times
I think its just another way for people to make money. Did anyone see all the T-shirts and things people are selling?

Old 02-03-2009, 05:37 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,879,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
My friend in CA told me it would be the beginning of the end Not anything that had to do with alignment or the universe, but like in Revelations!! But I have been hearing that for years, every time there is some sort of major disaster.
Tas, yes we've all heard everybody telling us that it's the end. Nobody really knows when the end will come and how, not even Jesus himself knows, as was mentioned in Mathew 24:36. They were only trying to bring more people to know Jesus. Only God the Father knows when that day will come, and regardless of when that day will come, it's important to make sure you know where your heart is when it comes to knowing God.

There are those who came to believe that the end was near in the past, and they repented of their sins, then when nothing happened, they went back to their old ways. That should really tell you how sincere those people's hearts are/were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics