Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:03 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,629,212 times

Advertisements

>>>I can still remember him yelling through the house that Jimmy Page was on the phone....

Wow... How many nights did you have to stay in and be good, and try and get back in his good graces? I know it's not suppose to be funny, but LOL! What made you use the name "Jimmy Page"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 06:33 PM

417 posts, read 814,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFreak View Post
>>>I can still remember him yelling through the house that Jimmy Page was on the phone....

Wow... How many nights did you have to stay in and be good, and try and get back in his good graces? I know it's not suppose to be funny, but LOL! What made you use the name "Jimmy Page"?
Actually, I just got ungrounded.....LOL ....It was my friend who used the name to the operator. As Page being from Zeppelin, we always used band member names back then. It made it easier for each to know which friend was calling. I have no idea how we ever came up with this crazy idea. I do remember my Mom talking on the phone for 2-3 hours easily.

...if call waiting had only been invented back then

Old 11-02-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
...if call waiting had only been invented back then
I have to agree, Call Waiting was/is a good idea.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:23 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,412,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
My health, endurance and strength. Wow, drooling at just the thought of being that age again!
Me Too!

Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 PM

27,395 posts, read 27,445,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singe View Post
Here's some memories for the gal's.....I was crazy about Kissing Slicks...I had it with me where ever I went and I just HAD to have every flavor

Stuck in the '70s -- 1970s products

(click on pic's to enlarge)

Does anyone remember walking around with your Goody comb sticking out of your back jeans pocket?

I definately remember most of those! One of my favourite perfumes back then was that Sweet Honesty by Avon. They still make it. I also still use Noxzema (great for sunburns too....and safe). Yes, the Herbal Essence shampoo....isnt it still out? I use Suave, does the same thing as the more expensiver stuff and for about $1.29, cant complain.
I clicked the link that led to the 70's store....is white the only colour those things come in???
Oh, those were the days. And if my dad ever knew I went for a ride that summer afternoon with the ice cream man....

Old 11-02-2008, 08:07 PM

Talk about perfumes, Livewire... A few of my fav's were BABE, and Coty's Gingergrass! I keep trying to see if anyone has any or if there is something close to the Gingergrass smell. Call me crazy, but I still have the bottle!

Old 11-02-2008, 08:23 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,596,354 times
The 70's? Our two sons were young children then. I miss that. Their innocence and wonder. Me being able to share their amazement at all things new.
I miss my job at a university in St. Louis. I miss our home being new!

Music...Oh yes...1970's Decade Overview

Old 11-02-2008, 09:01 PM

YouTube - Dr. Pepper - "I'm a Pepper" TV Commercial 70's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQPN3...eature=related

I always liked him...lol
BE A PEPPER!

Old 11-02-2008, 09:18 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,941,566 times
Wink Oh,,,, those days (in the 60's)

There was a phone booth inside our high school in the hallway near the auditorium. Occasionally one of our friends from class would be inside using it ~ when we would place a strong ruler or another similar object into the track of the folding door on the booth. This made it impossible for them to open the door and return to class in time. I always wondered who removed the wedge out of the track?

Old 11-03-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
There was a phone booth inside our high school in the hallway near the auditorium. Occasionally one of our friends from class would be inside using it ~ when we would place a strong ruler or another similar object into the track of the folding door on the booth. This made it impossible for them to open the door and return to class in time. I always wondered who removed the wedge out of the track?
LOL...thanks for sharing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics