Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 01:39 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,724,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
How about the Ring Pull-Tabs on the aluminum cans back then that people would throw on the ground when poping open a soda or beer can and then when you stepped on them barefooted when out swimming etc..they slice your feet .
Ya know 6/3, you really reminded me of something. I dont know where your from but...... Back in the mid to late 70s, my first job out of high school I worked for Sevells Auto body in Westfield NJ. The woman who was the secretary there, it was her husband who had the patent on those ring pull tabs. I can remember her complaining what a great idea it was but there was little to no interest in his idea. He died before he saw his idea become the norm in our world of canned drinks today.

Aside from all the great music, hair styles and dress codes, there is a little bit of trivia for ya'll.

By the way. I am still a hippy, I never grew up. I think I only cut my hair 5 times in the past 30 years. And I would still wear bell bottoms if people wouldn't look at me funny. But the music will never die, no matter how old we get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. Can't blame ya my friend! Of course I wanna be with you in that nursing home, and maybe get those young nurses (Female nurses of course) to dance for us, while listening to Ratt!

I liked Warren Di Martini's lead guitar style, and I might bring my Marshall and my Dean guitar to that nursing home too!

Of course Livewire might come in and tell us "Hey turn that down or you'll both end up in the doghouse!"
But if your not lucky, and those nurses start dancing to rap, you might wish you die quickly. I know I would. Imagine having to listen to that junk and not being able to turn it off or run away? Yup....death seems the better alternative.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
What do I miss about the 70's? I think I missed that decade.. it seems it just flew by.. LOL..

I remember a chewing gum or something they sold sometime around 1974 or so, that had cards in them with funny consumer product names that were parody of the actual products, like the shampoo "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific!", I remember the parody name for it was "Gee Your Hair Smells Horrific!", or "Head And Shoulders", had "Head And Boulders".. There were several others, I'm sure if I jogged my memory a little bit, I could come up with more!
I remember those. Weren't they magnets too? I remember sticking them all over the fridge. The gum was aweful but we chewed it for a few minutes before sticking it under our desk in school. Were they like 5 cents for a pack?

Old 11-04-2008, 01:51 PM

54,500 posts, read 33,912,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
But if your not lucky, and those nurses start dancing to rap, you might wish you die quickly. I know I would. Imagine having to listen to that junk and not being able to turn it off or run away? Yup....death seems the better alternative.
No no no... if you read 6/3's post, he was talking about playing Ratt music, not Rap garbage - So we'll have a say over what kind of music to play and dance to!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:52 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,629,212 times
Okay found them...
http://www.wackypackages.org/

Old 11-04-2008, 01:59 PM

Total cereal, had "Totalled"... - Lucky Charms, had "Yucky Charms"...

Old 11-04-2008, 02:03 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,676,330 times
Quote:
No no no... if you read 6/3's post, he was talking about playing Ratt music, not Rap garbage - So we'll have a say over what kind of music to play and dance to!
Lol....thanks for clarifying that to desertsun41 for me bud....as i'd also prefer death to rap or country western .

Old 11-04-2008, 02:07 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,676,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Ya know 6/3, you really reminded me of something. I dont know where your from but...... Back in the mid to late 70s, my first job out of high school I worked for Sevells Auto body in Westfield NJ. The woman who was the secretary there, it was her husband who had the patent on those ring pull tabs. I can remember her complaining what a great idea it was but there was little to no interest in his idea. He died before he saw his idea become the norm in our world of canned drinks today.
That's interesting to know desertsun41 . I was raised in Las Cruces, New Mexico some 40 miles from Mexico in the desert and we lived in an apt complex for several years so i remember we always had to watch out for the Pull Tabs as we walked to and from the Pool barefooted all the time as there were several soda machines out at the Pool

Old 11-04-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFreak View Post
Okay found them...
The Wacky Packages Webpages

Unfortunately, I won't be able to look at that site until I get home this evening..

Old 11-04-2008, 02:57 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,629,212 times
Well here is one to hold you for now...lol
Attachment 30061

Last edited by MusicFreak; 11-09-2008 at 08:16 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics