Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 11:21 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,676,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I miss when everything came in glass bottles. Shampoo, milk, soda, salad dressings, lotions.
How about the Ring Pull-Tabs on the aluminum cans back then that people would throw on the ground when poping open a soda or beer can and then when you stepped on them barefooted when out swimming etc..they slice your feet .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 11:27 AM

54,500 posts, read 33,912,259 times
Here's a couple more, Rice Krispies, the parody name was Rice Krusties! - Coca Cola, Croaka Cola..

Old 11-04-2008, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
Lookin' good!

You look like you just walked off the set of "Dazed and Confused"!
LOL.. well that picture was taken sometime in the summer of 1977, in Phoenix.. where it can get up to 118 degrees in July My car had A/C but it did not work... so I probably WAS dazed and confused!

Old 11-04-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I wouldnt know, I didnt go to Az till the mid-90s.
I know, I was just saying that 93.3 KDKB was a very popular station, even when Disco was popular!

A few months ago, I was at this store (Sprouts) that specialized in produce and healthy foods, I remember they had either a CD or a radio station playing over the store's PA system, and I remember hearing KC and The Sunshine Band, playing one of their popular songs from the 1970's, I think it was either Shake Your Booty or Get Down Tonight.. LOL.. I also remember seeing one lady customer pushing her shopping cart and trying to dance to the beat of the song.. She might have looked good doing that maybe 30 years ago, but... I don't know about today..

The last time I was in that same store, I remember hearing Hotel California, by the Eagles, now that I can handle better than Disco!

I know one thing for sure, when I'm 80 years of age, if you ever see me driving around in traffic, there's probably a good chance you'll see me doing the head-bangin' thing, while listening to Heavy Metal!

By the way, did I mention that Disco Sucks! LOL..

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 11-04-2008 at 11:59 AM..

Old 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I know one thing for sure, when I'm 80 years of age, if you ever see me driving around in traffic, there's probably a good chance you'll see me doing the head-bangin' thing, while listening to Heavy Metal!

LOL......That's what i'm always saying to everyone as when they wheel me into the nursing home in my 90's i'll still be jamming to ''Round and Round'' by Ratt as those nurses will probably hate me .

Old 11-04-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
LOL......That's what i'm always saying to everyone as when they wheel me into the nursing home in my 90's i'll still be jamming to .....Ratt - Round and Round as those nurses will probably hate me .
LOL.. Can't blame ya my friend! Of course I wanna be with you in that nursing home, and maybe get those young nurses (Female nurses of course) to dance for us, while listening to Ratt!

I liked Warren Di Martini's lead guitar style, and I might bring my Marshall and my Dean guitar to that nursing home too!

Of course Livewire might come in and tell us "Hey turn that down or you'll both end up in the doghouse!"

Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 PM

Quote:

Of course Livewire might come in and tell us "Hey turn that down or you'll both end up in the doghouse!"
LOL....If she does i'll throw some Dee Snyder on her .

Old 11-04-2008, 01:11 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,629,212 times
Quote:
Here's a couple more, Rice Krispies, the parody name was Rice Krusties! - Coca Cola, Croaka Cola..
I remember those cards...lol

Old 11-04-2008, 01:13 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,629,212 times
Yes Mike, I wore all sorts of "Band" name tees too (still do!)
I have a few of my old ones saved in a box...lol

Old 11-04-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6/3 View Post
LOL....If she does i'll throw some Dee Snyder on her .
LOL... Oh that's too cruel, I don't think she deserves that..

She likes Bon Jovi.... so if you threw him at her, she might like that! Who knows, he might end up in the same nursing home with us!

Going back to the 70's, I had to go to the bank yesterday, and I drove up to one of the ATMs, somebody else pulled up to the ATM next to the one I used and he was playing Lynard Skynard's Sweet Home Alabama! I thought well that certainly beats hearing somebody else playing that cRap/Hip Hop garbage, with that annoying bass!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics