Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2020, 09:41 AM

24,480 posts, read 26,021,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Is it just me or is Joe Namath looking more and more like Moe Howard?
That and his voice is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 02:27 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,364,927 times
Someone has surely mentioned this in this thread but, in case they have not, I want to complain about what I call the "nannyfication" of everything from power tools, lawn mowers, gas cans to just about everything else that once was very useable by anyone with common sense using a little care.

As an example, I have to ask, what cubicle-bound swamp critter designed these new gas cans? My wife brought me two new 5-gallon cans during the recent ice storms for my generators and it took a screw driver and a pair of needle nose pliers to make the weird nozzles useable and safe to use.

My question above is only rhetorical but I will say that, if this was a Jeopardy game show question, the answer is "What are lawyers?"

Old 11-09-2020, 02:27 PM

656 posts, read 1,310,076 times
My complaint is about how people are CRAZY when it comes to their groceries being bagged. I work at a grocery store and people complain about the dumbest stuff. Take a step back and breathe your groceries will be ok!

Old 11-09-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
That and his voice is
Luckily that commercial can be found in YouTube since I have no tv but poor Joe.

Old 11-09-2020, 02:42 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
Quote:
Someone has surely mentioned this in this thread but, in case they have not, I want to complain about what I call the "nannyfication" of everything from power tools, lawn mowers, gas cans to just about everything else that once was very useable by anyone with common sense using a little care.

As an example, I have to ask, what cubicle-bound swamp critter designed these new gas cans? My wife brought me two new 5-gallon cans during the recent ice storms for my generators and it took a screw driver and a pair of needle nose pliers to make the weird nozzles useable and safe to use.

My question above is only rhetorical but I will say that, if this was a Jeopardy game show question, the answer is "What are lawyers?"
Glad I kept the old gas can when I bought a new one a couple of years ago. On the new one you have to remove the "safety" spout to get the gas out. Probably technically making it unsafe.

Old 11-09-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Glad I kept the old gas can when I bought a new one a couple of years ago. On the new one you have to remove the "safety" spout to get the gas out. Probably technically making it unsafe.
I had several of the old type 5-gallon cans but we were having to buy gas in quantity but wow! These brand new nozzles are beyond bizarre.

Lol! I've always said that mechanical things should be designed by people who, at the least, have held a wrench but no one listens to me.

Old 11-10-2020, 09:54 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,065,675 times
My garden shed is getting on my nerves. It’s getting a bit old now (just like me!), and it’s falling apart (just like me!).

It’s wooden, and two of the slats have fallen down. I’ve tried hammering some nails into the slats, but I just can’t seem to be able to do so! I’m there banging on the nails with a hammer but it just makes a noise and the nails won’t go in!!

So, I gave up on that, and tried some ‘No More Nails’ glue. They stayed up for a bit... then we had some windy weather... and they fell down again. So it didn’t live up to its name. (Or maybe I did a botched job?).

I don’t know what to do about it. The rain is gonna get blown in there, during the Winter. I would have the bloody thing knocked down, but my daughter keeps her bike in there, as we haven’t got a garage.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:40 AM

20,685 posts, read 4,445,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Stars Encore has westerns 24 hours a day.
Another reason for me not to subscribe to "premium" tv channels.

__________________________________________________ ________

All the new As Seen On TV ads for just about anything.

Driving glasses, reading glasses, flashlights, nightlight stuffed animals, sleeping bag/pillows, etc.

Old 11-11-2020, 08:48 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times
Those nails and screws from outside source countries are made with a low grade of metal and break or bend with easy effort...or RUST.

Old 11-13-2020, 08:32 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times
Quote:

I have old gas cans. My father-in-law's ancient lawn mower died this year. It was at least 35 years old. I had to buy a new one. It'll probably be dead in ten years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics