Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2020, 09:54 PM

19,659 posts, read 9,624,270 times

Advertisements

Why does channel 7 on DirecTV keep freezing up? That's the only channel that seems to be doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2020, 10:20 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,956,619 times
Thumbs down .

Yesterday afternoon UPS was supposed to deliver a large package to the house. We waited and waited, but nothing came. Then we received an email saying it was delivered and left “other” (whatever other is?). So I reviewed my security cameras only to find that the truck came down my side of the street, passed the house and stopped at the corner for a longer than normal time. Then he drove away to the house on the other side and dropped it off there. Never did he come to my door, and he only had to backup 20 feet to my driveway where he could have tossed the box out there.

I had to go retrieve the large box (heavy) and bring it back to my house. I had hand and wrist surgery a while back that is still bothering me. This wasn’t something that made anything better for me to deal with later that evening as I had more pain than normal.

UPS gets an “F” for their failure yesterday. Normally they don’t want to deliver packages to homes here and they’ll hand most of it off to the local postal carriers with the USPS to make the final leg of delivery service.

ok,,, I'm off my soap box for now.

Old 08-23-2020, 10:20 AM

24,577 posts, read 26,136,664 times
Email says UPS delivered my package on Thur or Fri, digging in UPS handed it off to the USPS and said it was delivered. Hoping it will show up on Mon.

Old 08-23-2020, 04:33 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,979,549 times
I can sympathize with any UPS or USPS driver finding a house number.
I have in the past gone batty looking and driving same time with a car riding my bumper.
Best place for an address is to paint the mumber on the curb in front.

Old 08-27-2020, 09:49 AM

24,577 posts, read 26,136,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Email says UPS delivered my package on Thur or Fri, digging in UPS handed it off to the USPS and said it was delivered. Hoping it will show up on Mon.
Edit:
Found out it was delivered to a office, left at the front desk with Joanna. Could be a bad address label or a UPS boo, boo?

Contacted the seller and they have entered a new order for the MIA order.

Old 08-29-2020, 11:26 PM

33,028 posts, read 36,600,211 times
The house across the the street was just painted avocado green. It was cloudy and rainy today and didn't look too bad. When the clouds parted, it caused me to feel a bit queasy. I'm going to try to have to not look at that. What were they thinking? I suppose that the shade is called something like forest green. There's a preserved area behind the house. It's avocado and the trim was painted white. Stark white. A creamy off white would have looked better.

I now live across the street from a giant avocado.

Old 08-30-2020, 07:43 AM

9,756 posts, read 14,330,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The house across the the street was just painted avocado green. It was cloudy and rainy today and didn't look too bad. When the clouds parted, it caused me to feel a bit queasy. I'm going to try to have to not look at that. What were they thinking? I suppose that the shade is called something like forest green. There's a preserved area behind the house. It's avocado and the trim was painted white. Stark white. A creamy off white would have looked better.

I now live across the street from a giant avocado.
I can relate, Gerania! The house next to me was just painted Cat S--- Green.

Old 08-30-2020, 08:00 AM

30,722 posts, read 16,363,675 times
The one across from me is Cow Pie brown.

I don't step in it.

Old 08-30-2020, 09:02 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,979,549 times
In my mentioning of painting the house number had that done on the curb at my home decades ago.
City allowed a company permission to do that.
One day noticed a 557 had been painted on the curb on front of my home...sorta nice except that they made a mistake as my number was 577.
So later on a person from the company came by to collect a small fee that the city allowed them to charge.
Told the guy I would not pay since they made a mistake and showed him.
They never came back to redo the number and I did a correction myself.

Old 08-31-2020, 06:43 AM

4,179 posts, read 3,114,075 times
Decades ago, a couple of college students painted numbers on curbs in Alliance, Ohio and accepted donations to help fund their tuition.

No curbs where I live. When the sewer line went through, the assessment was by lot instead of frontage. This was great, because I have 995' of frontage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics