Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 12:35 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
why do idiots just kick their cats out. Why don't they get them spayed/neutered.

why do idiots like me try to save them.

sigh
See my post in pets/cats... I am in heck of a mess myself...people who abandon their kittypeoples especially if they are unfixed should be whipped at dawn, rolled in glass, driven 35 miles out in desert barefoot and released...+\-....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 05:14 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
So one of the requirements of this new position was 3 references. They were to be emailed a survey that was 20 questions and a grading scale of 1 to 7. I asked my coworker of my last position (March before furlough) if she would be willing to fill it out. She said yes. (She was fired btw) So I asked for her email and told her it had to be done within 24 hrs Thursday night. Friday morning I checked and she didn't fill it out. She said she got involved with a book and will do it by lunch. She then asked who it was from and I said it wasn't directly from the employer but a third party. She then sends me a text saying she wished she knew this beforehand because she wouldn't have given me her email because she didn't want to be put on a spam list. I text back: It's a simple employer reference survey and not a spam list.

She never did it. She sent me a text last night saying she hopes I respect and understand why she didn't do it and wished me luck. I mean are you totally f-ing kidding me??? I've deleted her number. I mean was it really that much of a problem to take 5 mins to fill it out?? I'm still inclined to send her an email

Thank God I added a 4th person to send this survey to because I had to have 3. Otherwise I would have been in a bad situation for no particular reason.
Now you know why she was fired. What a flake.

Old 07-29-2020, 05:16 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,373,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
why do idiots just kick their cats out. Why don't they get them spayed/neutered.

why do idiots like me try to save them.

sigh
Years past I've done TNR, Trap, take to city, they Neuter and Release. They also give them vaccines, flea treatment and clip the ear tip.

They live their cat lives without being kitten factories or the males getting into so many fights.

Old 08-01-2020, 04:25 AM

23,210 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airemp76 View Post
one thing i love complaining about is WHY THE ACTUAL HECK DO THEY QUIT MAKING PARTS FOR OLD CARS AFTER 20 YEARS!?!?!?! it drives me nuts when i find out i have to retrofit a modern part on my old car. need a new muffler for your 1962 chevy? well youll have to spend the day getting rid of that useless emissions filter that makes the car so hot that i darn near lose my finger if i drop something near the muffler and my finger get at least one inch from the muffler
I have a 1985 Toyota Supra, and I've gotten many scares along the way, running into mechanics who tell me they won't be able to find a part for it any more, the car is too old.

Last panic: I needed a rack and pinion for my car. 3 mechanics told me they would never be able to find that part for my car.

4th mechanic found me a rack the very next day in Texas. That mechanic assured me that he'd keep my car on the road for the next 30 years, as you can always find parts for older cars. Music to my ears!

I cringe at the idea of buying one of these newer high tech gadgetry cars.

The biggest luxury of keeping my older car, worth $5k to me, is it doesn't ever yell at me for not putting my seatbelt on. I Always put on my seatbelt, but I don't need the screaming!

Old 08-01-2020, 05:36 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,407,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Now you know why she was fired. What a flake.
I had other words describing her....

Old 08-03-2020, 11:52 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,921,886 times
I have a strange issue

Most have heard/used expression " ants in your pants".
What I have is "Ants in my cell phone".
To start with am retired in Mexico and built my home here.

With current construction on both sidea of me now have very very tiny Ants problem.

While back had a ant cross my cell phone screen so I thought but it was huge. ( magnified)

Yesterday it happened again going down To the bottom right corner of the screen.
Thought I was going bonkers until found one climbing the charging cable.
Should I fumigate the phone? Naaaa.
Any thoughts out there on a solution?

Just dawned on me, do have flea bomb in the house for my dogs protection...might just set a couple off.

Old 08-05-2020, 06:54 AM

2,149 posts, read 1,515,791 times
Wage chemical weapon attack..or rent a anteater...or the ole hammer trick...or roll your car slowly over it repeatedly...OR... confused:

Old 08-05-2020, 12:07 PM

Not so much s complaint here but more of a what I need to do issue.

Will be 89 ( laugh) on Fri the 7th.
My situation is what to do about my house and car worth over $100k plus ( all paid for and clear).

I am in. Mexico with a 1450sq ft bi level home over looking the Pacific.
Same would go for over $300k stateside. That is why so many move down here.
Anyhoo have three sons that have apparently forgot I still exist.( sob sob)
No sweat, I'm okay.
When my dad was in his 80's they never would visit their grand dad and lost out on any inheritance ( will).
Now they are doing a repeat in my direction.
Few yrs back a lady ( mile away) had a small home (later sold for $60k) proceeds split between local Catholic Church and city welfare office.
One daughter in SD close by would never visit her mother...she lost out.
The church did a lot of construction on the Rectory while I think the money should have gone to those that needed it most.
Back to me. Will try to cleaning up the house a bit and maybe find s US cash buyer then possible move to AZ.
My old bones need the warmer climate.
Sorry for the long personal issue on hand...sing with me on Fri.
NFCU has already wished me Happy B'day.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:01 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Happy belated birthday! I spray the house foundation a couple or a few times in the spring and early summer and put Terro ant bait out in the yard. They love that stuff.

Old 08-14-2020, 03:39 PM

If I read it right...VP Harris hopefully said all those ages 18-24 were stupid.
Hope i' m wrong.
A good percentage in that age group serve in the military...I used to be in that she group during Korea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics