Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 08:19 AM

4,050 posts, read 2,922,315 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? === I do. I reuse coffee cans for various things and cottage cheese containers for freezing.

Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? === Ha! Nope.

When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? === Bring them with me.

Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? === Nope.

Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? === Yes, in places like Home Depot and garden centers.

Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? === I've bought the occasional men's sweaters that caught my eye.

Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? === If I can't fix it and can't use it, it gets tossed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 08:33 AM

44,426 posts, read 20,192,118 times
Greetings and welcome to the November 6, 2017 questions of the day-
I’m posting from a tablet while away from home, usually I do this via desktop computer so please bear with me if there are typos Nope. Typos are unforgivable. None of us has ever made a typo in a post.
Can’t get formatting, colors, underlining etc. right so this post is going to look odd... Not odd at all. You done good, cloven!

Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage? Yes. I re-use plastic containers with lids. Ones that I don't re-use go in the recycling bin.
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it)? Hahaha! No. That's funny.

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there? I take them with. I count them out as I do my two Rx pills and put them in a daily pill box thingy. I always pack two extra days' worth, just in case there's a delay in getting home.

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home? Yes; once that I recall. It was more than 20 years ago.
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business? Yes; many times. They're always in the big-box home improvement stores around here and I've seen them in Walmart a couple of times, near the entrance between the inside of the store and the outdoor part where they sell lawn equipment, plants and the like.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc? A couple of times I've purchased men's casual shirts because I liked the design (Hawaiian print).
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper)? Nothing big like that; just a few pairs of favorite socks with holes that I keep intending to darn and never get around to.

Today’s Word:
warren /ˈwôrən,ˈwärən/ (n.): Network of interconnected rabbit holes or burrows,
more broadly refers to mazelike construction in which one can get lost trying to navigate.
That's an interesting word!

Today is:
National Nachos Day Sounds good. Nacos and a beer for lunch!
Saxophone Day I like sax music.
-this month is-
Historic Bridge Awareness Month I like visiting historic bridges. Indiana has a lot of historic wooden covered bridges. The central part of the state has a big Covered Bridge Festival every autumn which draws hundreds of thousands of people.
National Memoir Writing Month I have nothing significant to write about.
Stomach Cancer Awareness Month
Tiff and Millet (two types of grain) Month Okay.....

Fun Q's and a beautiful puzzle today, Cloven! Have a good week, everybody!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:35 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,854,953 times
[quote=cloven;50043195]Greetings and welcome to the November 6, 2017 questions of the day-
I’m posting from a tablet while away from home, usually I do this via desktop computer so please bear with me if there are typos
Can’t get formatting, colors, underlining etc. right so this post is going to look odd...

Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? Yes. I use them to send food home with friends.
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? No.

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ?
I bring them with.
Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? Yes. I woke up to one sitting on our ceiling fan upstairs in the morning. It flew in from the kitchen.
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? I see them all the time at Home Depot.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? Nope.
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? Yes. I have a long down coat that goes to my ankles and I spent a lot of money for a new zipper. That coat is about 20 years old now but I still love it. It's so warm.

Today in History:
1946: Birth of actress Sally Field (“Places in the Heart”, “Steel Magnolias”)
1947: Debut of the public affairs tv news program Meet the Press” on NBC
1951: Birth of actor Nigel Havers (Don’t Wait Up, “Chariots of Fire”)
2012: Wisconsin’s Tammy Baldwin becomes first openly gay candidate elected to the United States Senate

Today’s Word:
more broadly refers to mazelike construction in which one can get lost trying to navigate.

Today is:
National Nachos Day
Saxophone Day
-this month is-
Historic Bridge Awareness Month
National Memoir Writing Month
Tiff and Millet (two types of grain) Month

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at lower middle left & bottom right-

Thought for the Day:
“To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it.”
- John Churton Collins

Wishing everybuggy good fortune, and here’s hoping that fate smiles upon you today.

Thanks dear one. I hope fate smiles on you too

Ice time today and it's so crisp and cold outside. The house is clean and I have one more hour of work to put Halloween away. Life is good.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:21 AM

5,919 posts, read 3,828,732 times
I’m posting from a tablet while away from home, usually I do this via desktop computer so please bear with me if there are typos
Can’t get formatting, colors, underlining etc. right so this post is going to look odd...

Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ?
Oh yes, I reuse a lot of containers for storage - margarine containers, soup containers from Chinese take-out etc.
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ?
Yes I've done that many times

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ?
I fill a pill separater so I don't have to take the bottles and take them with me

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ?
Yes a little hummingbird flew into our garage one time, he couldn't get back out on his own so we took a fishing net and scooped him up, I've never seen one that close up,
it was just beautiful with multi-shimmering colors. Fantastic little birds

Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ?
Yes

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ?
Yep I have
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ?
I finally got rid of clothing like that because I'll never get around to repairing it
Today in History:
1946: Birth of actress Sally Field (“Places in the Heart”, “Steel Magnolias”)
1947: Debut of the public affairs tv news program Meet the Press” on NBC
1951: Birth of actor Nigel Havers (Don’t Wait Up, “Chariots of Fire”)
2012: Wisconsin’s Tammy Baldwin becomes first openly gay candidate elected to the United States Senate

Today’s Word:

Today is:
National Nachos Day
Saxophone Day
-this month is-
Historic Bridge Awareness Month
National Memoir Writing Month
Tiff and Millet (two types of grain) Month

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at lower middle left & bottom right-

Thought for the Day:
- John Churton Collins

Wishing everybuggy good fortune, and here’s hoping that fate smiles upon you today.

Thanks Cloven!

Old 11-06-2017, 10:58 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,240,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post
Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ?We do use some like certain take out foood containers
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ?No I am lazy but not that lazy.

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? No
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ?They have flown into my work.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ?No
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ?I am lucky someone in my family would have repaired it.
Thought for the Day:
- John Churton Collins

Thanks cloven hope you and all have a great safe day.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:27 AM

3,097 posts, read 1,704,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloven View Post

Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? Yes. Not so much for food but other things. For example, I have re-used many Altoids tin cases to hold other things.
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? I never eat over the sink.

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? I bring them. They go in my suitcase but I also keep some handy in my purse. I really hate to buy stuff when I reach my destination.

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? Nope. But, long ago, I was visiting this elder woman that had several birds, and she'd let them loose. When I got there she was frantic and I couldn't retrieve the flying birds any better than she could. When she started to get belligerent, I left.
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? Mmmm... don't think so.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? I have but long ago.
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? Yep!

Thanks, Cloven! Have a great week, everyone!

Old 11-06-2017, 11:31 AM

11,556 posts, read 12,103,671 times
Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? Yes, quite often
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? Yes

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? Usually leave them at home

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? Yes, a dove
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? Yes, quite often at Walmart

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? Yes! Sweatshirts! The ones made for men are always much thicker and keep me warmer.
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? No

Thanks for posting!!!

Old 11-06-2017, 12:29 PM

24,615 posts, read 26,180,433 times
Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ?
We sure do by looking at the fridge and a kitchen cabinet. Oh and the plastic kitty litter tubs in the garage are cool too.

Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ?
Guilty, usually a cookie or a few crackers.

Bonus:
Take them in a smaller container or zip bag.

Extra Credit:
Hummers in the garage

Yep, generally home improvement stores.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ?
No

Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ?
I have lots of thread worn and hole filled tee shirts that should be tossed but I just can't.

Thanx Cloven, ya dun good with the Q's.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:49 PM

44,718 posts, read 61,944,526 times
Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? Yes we do. Some for kitchen leftovers, some for parts storage in garage.

Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? I do when sneaking something in the middle of the night.

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? Take them in smaller containers just the amount for the trip.

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? Into no, onto yes.
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? Yes, at Lowe's and Home Depot stores frequently.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? No.

Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? No.

cloven

Old 11-07-2017, 06:10 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,404,832 times
Today’s Question:
Yes-
glass drink bottles to refrigerate water, plastic bread bags for (small) wastebasket liners, and metal tins for loose items (for instance, earrings).

Occasionally-
if it's very messy item such as cinnamon-powdered doughnut, the coating gets all over the place.

Bonus:
Used to leave them at home-
now working on training myself to bring small bottle of my gummy vitamins/omega 3s, so I won't go a week without taking them.

Extra Credit:
Don't think so, though I saw one swoop into and then out of friend's garage.
Yes, several times in large warehouse sized stores and grocery stores with high ceilings.

Just for Fun:
Yes, bc. the selection of colors, patterns, and sizes were more to my preference
(just bc. I'm a woman doesn't mean I only want items in pink or in a smaller size).

Yes, a few-alas.
Incl. leather & sheepskin jacket that once belonged to ancestor, had it for decades-
but too pricey to repair (and maybe too far gone, fragile) yet can't bear to part with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics