Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 04:40 AM

36,609 posts, read 16,193,237 times

Advertisements

Greetings and welcome to the November 6, 2017 questions of the day-
I’m posting from a tablet while away from home, usually I do this via desktop computer so please bear with me if there are typos
Can’t get formatting, colors, underlining etc. right so this post is going to look odd...

Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? Use to, now I've switched to all glass containers.
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? Haha, no

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? Bring them

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ?They have tried hitting the sliding glass door and being stunned for up to an hour before flying off.
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? Yes

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? I have bought men's jeans many years ago.
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? No hasn't happened, if it does I may get it repaired.

Thanks Cloven
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2017, 04:43 AM

2,299 posts, read 1,452,198 times
Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ?

It depends on what it is.

Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ?

No.

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ?

Take with me exactly the amount I'll need and leave the bulky bottle at home .

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ?

Yes.

Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ?

Yes.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ?

Just a couple of t-shirts which are pretty much unisex anyway.

Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ?

Not really.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:50 AM

37,890 posts, read 41,371,667 times
Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ?

I reuse 20 oz plastic soda bottles that you get with pizza delivery. I fill them with tap water. All I care about is whether my water is cold.

Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? No

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ?
Take them with me in the same Days of The Week pill case for my prescriptions.

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ?
Yes

Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? Yes, typically in a store like Sam's Club/Costco where the garage doors open up right into the store.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ?

I wear a man's watch and have for many years. I keep rebuying it. I'm sure I have had men's tee shirts before. They are usually ones with some photo on them like you would get in a souvenir shop while traveling. Have had boonie hats, too. Also, cheap rain ponchos for fishing.

Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? No.

Old 11-06-2017, 04:59 AM

4,045 posts, read 1,883,065 times
I’m posting from a tablet while away from home, usually I do this via desktop computer so please bear with me if there are typos
Can’t get formatting, colors, underlining etc. right so this post is going to look odd...

Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? Have used glass containers as vases for wild flowers. When I was a classroom teacher, containers were often saved for storage of art supplies or at times repurposed in different ways such as for "junk band" instruments.

Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? Don't

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? Bring with..... Maybe if I didn't already need to carry scripts I wouldn't bother.

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? I think it happened in our farm house. Hasn't happened here. Birds do often fly onto the open porch & perch on the chairs.
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? In the rafters at Home D.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? I like men's button down shirts for pjs.
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? There are a couple pairs of pants that need hemming, but nothing else comes to mind.

Today’s Word:
warren /ˈwôrən,ˈwärən/ (n.): Network of interconnected rabbit holes or burrows,
more broadly refers to mazelike construction in which one can get lost trying to navigate.

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at lower middle left & bottom right- And just created, I see!

Thought for the Day:
“To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it.”
- John Churton Collins

Wishing everybuggy good fortune, and here’s hoping that fate smiles upon you today. You as well, cloven. Thanks!

Old 11-06-2017, 05:05 AM

27,534 posts, read 27,564,811 times
Eating over a sink, heck I'll eat anywhere, and often have to eat while driving, which I've mastered very well. Crumbs and sweepable and I'm not mental over one bitty crumb on a floor or seat.
I don't do vitamins or stuff like that.
Yes I've bought shirts that are more aimed for men, but also have a few that were given to me, from guys I work with, I prefer larger sizes shirts. Easier to move around.
Happy Monday.....😁

Old 11-06-2017, 07:00 AM

126,566 posts, read 19,333,627 times

Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? I use my large dill pickle glasses to make lemon/lime pickles
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? I am sure I did eat something over the sink if I was in a hurry

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? I take nothing like that with me on travels

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? Yes at least 2 times. It was a little bird.We had to open front and back door and eventually it flew out..no poop luckily
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? Yes at Costco and at lumber stores

Just for Fun:
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? I had a treasured old sweater jacket that I mended a few times.
But in general I mend clothing til time to recycle for cleaning or throwing

Today in History:
1946: Birth of actress Sally Field (“Places in the Heart”, “Steel Magnolias”)
1947: Debut of the public affairs tv news program Meet the Press” on NBC
1951: Birth of actor Nigel Havers (Don’t Wait Up, “Chariots of Fire”)
2012: Wisconsin’s Tammy Baldwin becomes first openly gay candidate elected to the United States Senate

Today’s Word:
more broadly refers to mazelike construction in which one can get lost trying to navigate.

Today is:
National Nachos Day
Saxophone Day
-this month is-
Historic Bridge Awareness Month
National Memoir Writing Month
Stomach Cancer Awareness Month
Tiff and Millet (two types of grain) Month

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at lower middle left & bottom right-.............thank you for the maze cloven

Thought for the Day:
- John Churton Collins

Wishing everybuggy good fortune, and here’s hoping that fate smiles upon you today.

Thank you cloven

Old 11-06-2017, 07:05 AM

7,458 posts, read 5,567,354 times

Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? Sometimes
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? Sometimes. Brownies.

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? I bring them with me.m

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? The cat brought one on the house one time.
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? Yes, our local Walmart

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? No
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? I have a sweater that's seen better days, it's all raggedy but it's warm and comfortable, I only wear it around the house.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:42 AM
Status: "Civility needs to make a return." (set 20 days ago)

4,736 posts, read 3,315,038 times
Can’t get formatting, colors, underlining etc. right so this post is going to look odd..............I know what you mean. Since I started using my IPad my posts are lacking in color too.

Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ?............Yes, those little Glad containers that lunch meat comes in get reused for a lot of things.
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ?..............Sure do.

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ?...............I take zero medications other than a Tylenol every now and then.

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? ........................Yes, I had a hummingbird get in this past summer.
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ?..............Yes, they are always in the local Rural King store.

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ?..............Yes, I have a Carhartt coat for work.
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ?...........Yes, I have a sweater that I no longer wear that I'll always keep because my sister got it for me.

Today in History:
1946: Birth of actress Sally Field (“Places in the Heart”, “Steel Magnolias”)
1947: Debut of the public affairs tv news program Meet the Press” on NBC
1951: Birth of actor Nigel Havers (Don’t Wait Up, “Chariots of Fire”)
2012: Wisconsin’s Tammy Baldwin becomes first openly gay candidate elected to the United States Senate

Today’s Word:

Today is:
National Nachos Day.........
Saxophone Day
-this month is-
Historic Bridge Awareness Month
National Memoir Writing Month
Stomach Cancer Awareness Month
Tiff and Millet (two types of grain) Month

Today’s Picture:
Entrance & exit are at lower middle left & bottom right-

Thought for the Day:
- John Churton Collins

Wishing everybuggy good fortune, and here’s hoping that fate smiles upon you today.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:57 AM

9,857 posts, read 14,451,394 times
Today’s Question:
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? No, but husband is a hoarder. He saves little plastic cups, snap containers that hold a slice of cake, and grocery store plastic bags. After a couple of days, I start throwing that stuff out, a little at a time so he doesn't notice. Even after that, I find tons of plastic bags stashed everywhere
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? Yes, but not for those reasons mentioned. We did that the other day! We were between business appointments, stopped at our office to check messages, then fixed peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.....eating them over the sink. Then we rushed out to more appointments.

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? Never a need to do that.

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? HERE'S A STORY: Yes. 2 years ago husband had a hip replacement. The evening he came home from the hospital, he was sitting in his recliner, and I was in mine, in the living room. Out of nowhere, a bat flew across our 10' ceiling round and round. "it's a bird....NO.....it's a bat" I said. I ran and got 2 brooms, one for husband to defend himself, and one for me. He sat in the recliner armed with his broom, not able to get up, walk or run, while I kept screaming and chasing the bat all over the first floor. I never saw a bat up close before then, and have been afraid of bird like things since I saw the movie "The Birds" but I quickly realized this was MY problem to solve, not my husband's. I propped open the front door, but he kept flying all over the house while I tried to swat or chase him out that front door. When he flew upstairs, I followed with my broom and a can of wasp spray, the first thing I could get my hands on. When I got to the top of the stairs, the bat was hanging over our bedroom door (bat man style). All I could think of was "rabies, rabies, rabies" and what if he flew at my husband??? I sprayed him with wasp spray, and he flew at me. Thankfully, I didn't fall backwards down the stairs. When he flew into the bathroom, I hurried and closed the door. After a minute or so, I crept in and he was hanging over the bathroom window. I sprayed him again, and........ he splashed into the open toilet! Quick thinking me (or dumb me) I closed the lid on the toilet for a minute. I peeked in, lifting the lid carefully, and he was lifeless, then started splashing around. Then, I made a quick decision...... I slammed the toilet seat down and flushed the toilet. He was gone. No clogs or slow flushing toilet because of that bat, to this day. I thought my husband was going to really be upset that I may have clogged up the toilet. But, he wasn't. (I always use the toilet on the first floor now! I just can't sit on that one upstairs) Moral of this story: You don't know how strong you can be, out of necessity.

Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? Yes, plenty of times in home improvement stores

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? Men's socks! I wear black socks for my work, and the men's socks I buy don't get lint balls after one washing
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? No, if that happens, I get rid of it if I can't repair it

Thanks, Cloven! Hope none of you out there have that harrowing experience

Last edited by rdlr; 11-06-2017 at 08:19 AM..

Old 11-06-2017, 07:58 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
45,131 posts, read 82,552,737 times
Do you reuse containers (purchased in a store which initially contained different product) for food, drink, or other storage ? Yes, such as cooking grease into empty jar from marinara sauce.
Do you ever eat over the sink, to avoid making a mess (getting crumbs or spills on floor, or to avoid using a plate and then needing to clean it) ? No

Bonus:
When you travel, if you take (non-prescription) vitamins & supplements, do you bring them with you, leave them at home, and/or buy more while there ? Take with me

Extra Credit:
Has a (wild) bird ever flown into your home ? Have had starlings inside the walls several times
Have you seen a bird flying around inside a place of business ? Yes, Home Depot

Just for Fun:
Have you intentionally (knowingly) bought clothing that is aimed at/marketed for other gender bc. you just liked that item better-whether color/pattern, functionality, size, etc ? No
Do you have an article of clothing that you treasure & want to keep, but it needs repair (for example: a broken zipper) ? Yes, but not worth the cost of a tailor so just buy another
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics