Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 12:28 AM

8,009 posts, read 5,461,763 times

Advertisements

Chilly Morning...

Today's Random Question(s):
Something you daydream about: A remodeled kitchen

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? I have no memory of it, but probably did.

What's something you have a knack for? sewing

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? ~10 feet

What was a last or recent offline conversation about? retirement

Have you ever climbed over a fence? If so, when or why, for instance?

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? Rather them look at it at a stop light rather than while driving.

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? Chocolate cake with buttercream icing

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't: I am one of those, "not in my backyard"--so I am okay to drive there.

Just for fun:
For a special message from Santa click and drag here ---> Santa says, "Be good for goodness sake!"

Could you read the message?

Stay warm today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 01:09 AM

3,112 posts, read 1,717,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Let's hope everyone got their letters off to the Northpole on time!

Something you daydream about: Childhood blurps, vacations I've done, retirement.....

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? Yes.

What's something you have a knack for? Thinking of someone I have seen in eons, and within a few days I cross paths with that person. It happens so often that it creeps out my husband.

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? No clue. It wasn't particularly deep, I'm sure, but still deep enough to drown in.

What was a last or recent offline conversation about? Lunch today.

Have you ever climbed over a fence? If so, when or why, for instance? Can't remember.

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? Yes, which could get them a ticket here in Oregon.

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? Lemon chiffon.

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't: Buster's BBQ. Well, it's near enough but the traffic makes it take forever.

Just for fun:
For a special message from Santa click and drag here --->
Santa says, "Be good for goodness sake!"

Be good for goodness sake!

So have a worry free and happy Thursday!
Thanks, BJH.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:00 AM

6,903 posts, read 7,693,660 times
Something you daydream about: I used to always daydream about building my own house, and how I would design it. Then, when I had the opportunity to do that, I decided to buy a historic house instead. I still think about how I would design my little house, though it's probably too late for it to ever get built.

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? We used to go up to a famous department store in Indianapolis every year just to see Santa, get our pictures taken, and go look at all the department store windows. It was magic. Into adulthood I asked whatever happened to those pics and the parents wouldn't answer. Later my sister found out that our father had burned them all one day when he was angry at us/at her/at whatever.

What's something you have a knack for? Lately I've been thinking that I don't have any real skills. The only thing I do well is read.

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? ??? I don't really enjoy swimming. Probably a lake in northern MN.

What was a last or recent offline conversation about? Ooops - I'm editing because I read the question as "on-line". Guess the most recent actual conversation I had was with the post office lady who rides her horses on my farm road now and then - we talked about things I would need to do/think about if I get those donkeys in the spring.

Have you ever climbed over a fence? If so, when or why, for instance? I think the latest time was on a hike to go see some pictographs in an obscure location. We did have permission from the land owner. And always having been short and fat, I needed the assistance of others to get over.

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? Nope.

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? I'd rather have pie. Apple or pecan, please. Or rhubarb.

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't: I dunno. I think it makes it more exciting when you live in the boonies and it's a special treat to go to a fancy restaurant in a bigger place once in a blue moon. For example, today I drove to the chain store oasis at the edge of The Big City and ate at a Chipotle for the first time. Not what I was expecting, but the food was fine. I have been planning to go to a well known Ethiopian restaurant in the other Big City for a while. See how fun it is to plan to do something unusual as a special thing?

Just for fun:

Could you read the message? The last part of it. Cool, how did you do that??

Thanks, Beej!

Old 12-22-2016, 04:15 AM

18,968 posts, read 11,682,252 times
Something you daydream about: art and crafts

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? yes a few times but always found it sort of creepy

What's something you have a knack for? softening up curmudgeons

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? dunno

What was a last or recent offline conversation about? one of my three new intense cases

Have you ever climbed over a fence? so many timesIf so, when or why, for instance?
one time it was to help retrieve a herd of cattle that got away

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? yes - irritating

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? lemon cake with chocolate frosting please

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't: caribbean with good jerk chicken, oxtail, and curry goat

Just for fun:
For a special message from Santa click and drag here --->[/b] Santa says, "Be good for goodness sake!"

ya I'm in edit mode

Today's Anonymous Quote:
"If there is anything positive about the negative people in life,
it is that they show us exactly who we do not want to be." on point!

Today Includes:
Date Nut Bread Dayyum

Thank you!!!

Old 12-22-2016, 04:43 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,848,265 times
Something you daydream about: HAVING EARS THAT DONT RING LOUDLY 24/7....

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? YES

What's something you have a knack for? COOKING

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? SNORKEL IN BARBADOS PROBABLY...COULDNT SEE THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN. ..

What was a last or recent offline conversation about? IF THERE WAS ANYMORE WINE LEFT

Have you ever climbed over a fence? If so, when or why, for instance? YES..THE LATEST BEING OVER A BIG WOODEN ONE BY THE BARN...

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? YES YES YES AND YES

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? BOSTON CREME PIE. ..OR GERMAN CHOCOLATE

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't: ANYTHING. ..ANYTHING. ..TEXAS ROADHOUSE. ...OR A GOOD SEAFOOD JOINT...

Just for fun:
For a special message from Santa click and drag here ---> Santa says, "Be good for goodness sake!"

Could you read the message? YES

Old 12-22-2016, 05:26 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,347,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Let's hope everyone got their letters off to the Northpole on time!

Something you daydream about: Retiring

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? I believe so

What's something you have a knack for? White Chocolate

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? Atlantic Ocean.

What was a last or recent offline conversation about?

Have you ever climbed over a fence? If so, when or why, for instance? Police K9 handler for 25 years. Tracked suspects in every terrain known to man kind. Did one track where I bet I had to jump/climb 30 fences.

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? Yes

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? Strawberry Shortcake

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't: Hooter's

Just for fun:

I could read it before clicking and dragging

Top Music Hits This Day:
1944 Bing Crosby and Andrews Sisters - Don't Fence Me In
1952 Jimmy Boyd - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
1967 Monkees - Daydream Believer
1977 Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
1987 George Michael - Faith
1993 Mariah Carey - Hero
2001 Nickelback - How You Remind Me

Today's Anonymous Quote:
it is that they show us exactly who we do not want to be."

Today’s Word:
knack [nak] noun
a clever or adroit way of doing something
usually used with prepostion "for" as in "a knack for"
ex. to have a knack for fixing things

Today Includes:
Date Nut Bread Day

This Week Includes:
Gluten-free Baking Week
Saturnalia, ancient Roman winter holiday season

Today's Stately Picture:
Ohio. Barn and wooded Hills, Washington County.

Made freely available on flickr.com by Mike Tewkesbury

Santa got the reindeer all gassed up.
Not what it sounds like. Their last batch of feed made them a little gassy.
You don't want to ride in the sleigh behind them.
Don't worry. They'll be ready for Saturday night!

Cheers

Old 12-22-2016, 05:39 AM

13,495 posts, read 18,332,416 times
[quote=bjh;46583679] Let's hope everyone got their letters off to the Northpole on time!

Something you daydream about: Warmer weather

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? I just remember standing in front of him.

What's something you have a knack for? Turning family genealogy into the "Apple of Discord."

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? If I had known, I would not have been swimming there.

What was a last or recent offline conversation about? Having my car taken for its annual inspection.

Have you ever climbed over a fence? If so, when or why, for instance? Sure, as a kid lots of times. Behind our street ran a cemetery (which we used as our playground) and the other half was the very large back lawn and gardens of a snazzy town house owned by some very wealthy folks. It was surrounded by a sturdy board fence that must have been about seven feet high and we used to climb over it sometimes. Problem was that on the other side was just a boring formal garden, so a lot of work for not much reward. I got caught by the gardener once and couldn't escape, the fence was smooth on the inside so you needed to climb a tree to be able to jump back over. But the guy was nice, and he took me to the fence, picked me up until I could stand on his shoulders and then I was able to hike a leg over the fence and drop down.

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? No

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? Anything without nuts.

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't:

I'm too easily pleased. I like what's near and can't think of one that I miss.

Just for fun:

Could you read the message? Yes

Top Music Hits This Day:
1944 Bing Crosby and Andrews Sisters - Don't Fence Me In Oh lordy, I remember that one...over and over and over again.
1952 Jimmy Boyd - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus There's a kid who should have joined the Trappists instead.
1967 Monkees - Daydream Believer Seems like it should be a Fifties song.
1977 Bee Gees - How Deep Is Your Love
1987 George Michael - Faith Liked this.
1993 Mariah Carey - Hero
2001 Nickelback - How You Remind Me

Today's Anonymous Quote:
it is that they show us exactly who we do not want to be."

An example?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooYExfw9lLY

Today’s Word:
knack [nak] noun
a clever or adroit way of doing something
usually used with prepostion "for" as in "a knack for"
ex. to have a knack for fixing things

The film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL7d0OQUdSQ

Today Includes:
Date Nut Bread Day

This Week Includes:
Gluten-free Baking Week Our city supplies us with gluten-free water.
Saturnalia, ancient Roman winter holiday season

Today's Stately Picture:
Ohio. Barn and wooded Hills, Washington County.

Santa got the reindeer all gassed up.
Not what it sounds like. Their last batch of feed made them a little gassy.
You don't want to ride in the sleigh behind them.
Don't worry. They'll be ready for Saturday night!

Old 12-22-2016, 05:42 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,979,902 times
Something you daydream about: hiking the AT

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? probably

What's something you have a knack for? leaving stuff laying around

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? When I went snorkeling in Mexico, we dove 15 feet down. That was scary.

What was a last or recent offline conversation about? time travel

Have you ever climbed over a fence?a few times If so, when or why, for instance? when I was younger we hopped a cemetery fence to have a seance. in junior high my friends and I hopped the wall of our community pool to go swimming late at night. I climbed a 10ft fence to unlock a gate from the inside. I went under a fence once because we were being chased my a dog and the top of the fence had barbed wire. so we went under.

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? smart phones are a thorn in my side.

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? I am not a cake person

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't: Eegee's!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2016, 06:14 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,545,268 times
Something you daydream about: I'm living it so

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? I don't remember it but I do remember seeing one picture with me on Santa's lap. Mustn't have been memorable to me, lol.

What's something you have a knack for? Talking

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? I've been swimming in the Gulf of Mexico, The Pacific Ocean, The Atlantic Ocean, Caribbean Sea, but not in the deep parts. I guess the deepest would be in one of the lakes I have gone swimming in. Watauga Lake is 265 feet deep.

What was a last or recent offline conversation about? Our plans for the day….relaxing. It was a busy one yesterday visiting with friends and a small party.

Have you ever climbed over a fence? If so, when or why, for instance? Sure. To get to the other side instead of walking around.

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? Seriously I don't understand why phones aren't illegal while in vehicles. You would think the insurance companies would be all over that.

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? Cheesecake but I'll settle for chocolate

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't: None really. I'm not a fan of restaurants. Most of them are disappointing.

Just for fun:
For a special message from Santa click and drag here --->[/b] Santa says, "Be good for goodness sake!"[b]

Could you read the message? Cool

Ooh….love the picture.

Happy Thursday!!!

Old 12-22-2016, 06:19 AM

36,579 posts, read 16,165,576 times
Something you daydream about: About living in California again!

Did you sit on Santa's lap as a kid? Sure

What's something you have a knack for?

How deep is the deepest water you ever swam in? 1644ft~~Lake Tahoe

What was a last or recent offline conversation about? About work.

Have you ever climbed over a fence? If so, when or why, for instance? Not in a long time.

Have you noticed more drivers not going when a traffic light turns green because they're fiddling with a smartphone? Always

Foodie Question(s):
What kind of cake do you like for your birthday? Oh I don't get b'day cakes anymore.

Name or describe a restaurant you wish was near where you live but isn't:
Well I just found out we are getting a Starbucks, Jimmy Johns and maybe Olive Garden. So I don't want anymore, it's nuts around here for meal time,

Just for fun:

Could you read the message? Yes and I am.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics