Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2021, 07:12 AM

22,414 posts, read 29,543,565 times

Advertisements

Hoping all these cuts and scrapes I got yesterday will heal up before Hawaii next Sunday.

Got them jumping over my wood fence to stop a cat fight (involving my cat) I'm pretty messed up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 07:58 AM

15,446 posts, read 21,400,873 times
Like the time years ago I decided to retire from the political insanity at the office, or the day I removed television from my life, today I find it's a good day to review the relevancy of certain activities I have grown used to and to make big changes again.

Man! I really hate life's house cleaning times and I hope I don't throw out any babies with the bath water but I think I must.

Old 09-11-2021, 10:55 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,228,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Like the time years ago I decided to retire from the political insanity at the office, or the day I removed television from my life, today I find it's a good day to review the relevancy of certain activities I have grown used to and to make big changes again.

Man! I really hate life's house cleaning times and I hope I don't throw out any babies with the bath water but I think I must.
I started planning my 'change my name and get out' last year and did start tossing and giving stuff away....I wasn't taking a thing with me. Well, that got tossed in the toilet by somone and she'll be sleeping on a matres on the floor soon.

Old 09-11-2021, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I started planning my 'change my name and get out' last year and did start tossing and giving stuff away....I wasn't taking a thing with me. Well, that got tossed in the toilet by somone and she'll be sleeping on a matres on the floor soon.
Oh, I hadn't planned anything as drastic as changing the name my dad gave me, or anything like moving lock stock and barrel to a tent in Brewster County, Texas. I just meant I should accept the old prayer that goes something like, “Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, the wisdom to know the difference."

And I'm keeping my mattresses but I am considering the removal of my mailbox.

Old 09-13-2021, 11:28 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,228,541 times
Quote:
Oh, I hadn't planned anything as drastic as changing the name my dad gave me, or anything like moving lock stock and barrel to a tent in Brewster County, Texas. I just meant I should accept the old prayer that goes something like, “Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, the wisdom to know the difference."

And I'm keeping my mattresses but I am considering the removal of my mailbox.
Have you or anyone you've known ever filled out the forms for the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes?

It's main purpose is to amass the largest mass mailing data bank to sell. I lived with a guy who did it and went nuts. He had no idea what was about to happen with that tiny apartment mailbox. We had to move with no forwarding address. Boxes and Boxes of junk mail everyday.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:16 PM

30,647 posts, read 16,313,181 times
what to do with 5 cats who all look the same and nobody wants.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Have you or anyone you've known ever filled out the forms for the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes?

It's main purpose is to amass the largest mass mailing data bank to sell. I lived with a guy who did it and went nuts. He had no idea what was about to happen with that tiny apartment mailbox. We had to move with no forwarding address. Boxes and Boxes of junk mail everyday.
I was just kidding about my mailbox. It and my PC are my only two main connections to the world out here in the "toolies." I actually get extremely little paper mail and sometimes I even welcome the sound of my post lady zipping by in front of the house. The only thing that is supposed to come in the mail today is a bill that I have already paid online.

I'm thinking that even PCH doesn't care to have my address.

Old 09-13-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
I'm thinking I would take all five if I lived in PA.

Old 09-13-2021, 01:41 PM
bjh

60,149 posts, read 30,476,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Can you just take care of them?

I see the cats in our neighborhood catching and eating mice and rats all the time. They are doing their job and doing it well. Cats are more beneficial to public health than many people realize.

Old 09-13-2021, 02:36 PM

30,647 posts, read 16,313,181 times
Quote:
I'm thinking I would take all five if I lived in PA.

can we meet half way?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics