Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2016, 02:29 PM

3,565 posts, read 2,128,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I'm only 8 years older....... So you leave Dave and star alone!!! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
I'm still in my prime, thankyou very much! And I have a very sprightly 93 year old auntie, and I'm extremely young compared to her!

Well I'm only 23

Anyway, I'll let you codgers carry on talking about the days when everything was in black & white, and people rode horses and kids went up chimneys etc

Must dash......................................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 02:31 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,459,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolaLloyd View Post
Well I'm only 23

Anyway, I'll let you codgers carry on talking about the days when everything was in black & white, and people rode horses and kids went up chimneys etc

Colour telly's........ colour telly's........ we didn't have us no colour telly's.........

Old 06-28-2016, 02:33 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,578,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Kung Fu came along in the early 70s. I think 'Enter the Dragon' was about 1973, when I was 20 years old. The younger kids went nuts for all that stuff.

I went in the army when I was 17, and I sure learned 'how it was done'........ Same thing - older guys who had to know not to mess with me. I had no choice.

One guy who just wouldn't leave me be, had to be taught a lesson. One night, I saw him walking towards the fire escape back of the three story building we lived in. I ran in the front, and up the stairs to the third floor. He lived on that floor, so I knew exactly where he would walk.

I turned out all the lights from my end of the corridor, and waited behind an open fire door in the dark. I heard him walking down the corridor. As he got to it, I slammed it in his face, opened it quickly, and set about him. I only did this because he was a much bigger guy than me. He left me alone after I had finished with him.
Yup that's it mate

Good man

I've been out with a few lads in the army and not once did it kick off ..... Go out with my work mates and I'd be a multi millionaire by now if I got a nicker for every time

Old 06-28-2016, 02:33 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,085,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
First time I got in a pub I was 15. Me, and my two mates used to go in a small room away from the main bar. There was a great juke box in there. We used to put on 'Revolution' by the Beatles, which was the flip side to 'Hey Jude.'

Afterwards, we went across the road to where there was a dance hall. Jimmy Ruffin of 'What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted' fame was performing. We climbed up the fire escape, and got in for nothing......

I ended up having a fight with some guy who thought I was after his girl. Geez, I was still reading Marvel comics....... I was a handful in those days, and stood my ground against a much older guy. I think he was quite surprised.......
The Sixth Form College I went to was right next to a pub. They always used to serve us in there, even though they must have known most of us were underage. We were probably their best customers!

Now, can you guess where we went for lunch? Was it down the College canteen? Or was it down the pub, for chips in a basket washed down with some booze?

Old 06-28-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Well I'm only 23

Yeah so 8 years lady Zola!!!! LOL

Old 06-28-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
The Sixth Form College I went to was right next to a pub. They always used to serve us in there, even though they must have known most of us were underage. We were probably their best customers!

Now, can you guess where we went for lunch? Was it down the College canteen? Or was it down the pub, for chips in a basket washed down with some booze?
Chips in a basket! ..... Bloody hell lmao

Old 06-28-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Well I'm only 23

Lol! It will soon catch up with you!

Old 06-28-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Lol! It will soon catch up with you!
Yeah exactly!

Old 06-28-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Chips in a basket! ..... Bloody hell lmao
You must have had that, surely?! Chips + booze = all the food groups are represented!

Old 06-28-2016, 02:38 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,459,631 times
Quote:

It was a rite of passage getting into pubs underage wasn't it Star? I laugh that in America the age to start drinking is 21. Can you imagine trying that on here?.........

It's like those women on hen nights. The bride to be with a 'learner' sign round her neck. I think to myself, "yeah........ not since you were 14'...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics