Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,638,098 times

Advertisements

Some of you people are too funny. Heck I wait till I'm about 50' away then turn around and hit the button, the horn goes off and it's fun to watch all the heads looking around to see what's going on. Sometimes when someone beeps their horn or their alarm goes off I'll turn mine on too just for the fun of confusing everyone. Sometimes others join in too. Hey, if you can't have a good sense of humor in life, well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 11:03 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,850,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
Some of you people are too funny. Heck I wait till I'm about 50' away then turn around and hit the button, the horn goes off and it's fun to watch all the heads looking around to see what's going on. Sometimes when someone beeps their horn or their alarm goes off I'll turn mine on too just for the fun of confusing everyone. Sometimes others join in too. Hey, if you can't have a good sense of humor in life, well...
I totally agree! Sounds like something I would do but my old suburban is dumb!

Sent to you by my Tap-a-remote...

Old 06-14-2013, 01:17 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
This gives me the biggest laughs of the year! You see them walk away and Beep! There they go into a Wal-Mart store, with all the noise/distractions. Someone breaks into their car, tries to steal it, and would they be able to hear the sound of the siren from inside that store? And what car's siren is it coming from? Does everybody then rush out to see which car?

And, even if you saw the culprit attempting to break into your car, would you be stupid enough to confront them and possibly get shot?

I see these idiots doing that in my neighborhood! Alright! Middle of the night you hear the alarm! You put your robe on, run downstairs, out the front door you go and a bullet sails right by your head as the car thief takes off!

Last edited by tijlover; 06-14-2013 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 06-14-2013, 01:47 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Alarms?
We are not talking about alarms.
We are talking about locking the car.

Old 06-14-2013, 02:16 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,056,523 times
I have a low-gadget 29 year old car and I was under the impression that the beeps I've been hearing had to do with them setting the car alarm, never thought they were merely locking their doors from a distance!

But if someone tampers with the car, doesn't an alarm go off?

Old 06-14-2013, 02:31 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,548,854 times
I never lock mine. Keep thinking somebody will walk by, see what I'm driving, and throw some change in to help out

Old 06-14-2013, 03:07 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,388,477 times
I always lock my car right after getting out of it. Anyhow, we usually don't have the beep-beep tone. The lock-systems over here are mostly without any sound. You can only see it when the flash lights go on once or twice. And since I don't look when I lock the car I have to do it twice or three times in a row just to be sure

Old 06-14-2013, 03:40 AM

36,421 posts, read 16,034,254 times
I don't like the beep as it sounds like a horn and I always thinks someone is honking at me, like hey lady get out of my way!! Most of them sound like a horn, some don't. I lock it while walking away but not too far.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I've noticed that when most people lock their car they walk 10 to 20' from the car and then you hear the "beep-beep" . Why don't they do it as soon as they get out of the car ? I seldom lock my car but I always do it right away. Has anybody else noticed this ? Just curious.
I haven't noticed. There aren't a lot of car lockers where I am.

As for me...well I am in a time warp and have to use a real key for my door locks, lol.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:08 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I have a low-gadget 29 year old car and I was under the impression that the beeps I've been hearing had to do with them setting the car alarm, never thought they were merely locking their doors from a distance!

But if someone tampers with the car, doesn't an alarm go off?
No...that is just car confirmation of door look.
And no, alarm does not go off if someone tampers with the car.
With all the alarm fatigue (everyone ignores it), car alarms have fallen out of favor most everywhere.
I don't have car alarms. Even on a $100k car. I just don't keep anything valuable in the car. It's stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics