Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 AM

7,336 posts, read 2,745,419 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? Couple of weeks ago to mail a package

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? Used to go spelunking and rapelling...both outdoors and inside caves

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Sit in my rocking chair on the front porch!

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today?
Not today...but there are three birthdays for relatives this month.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? Yes, it does!

Hope you all have a terrific day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 10:13 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,428,455 times
Good Morning CD'rs

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there?
Last Christmas I went and mailed a lot of packages..

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.?
Rafting in North Carolina, it was medium rapids.. I may do more of that...but other then that..

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future?
I think the rafting is about the most I go at my age.. I did a lot of crazy/ STUPID stuff in my youth.. I'm not dead yet.. Why push the issue???

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today?
Nope not today..

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing?
The entire house needs to be organized.. Never mind just one room..

Today in History:

1755 First steam engine in America installed, to pump water from a mine
1789 U.S. Post Office established
1884 Mississippi establishes first U.S. state college for women
1912 Captain Albert Berry performs first parachute jump from an airplane
1933 Franklin D. Roosevelt conducts his first fireside chat
1945 New York is first to prohibit discrimination by race and creed in employment
1956 Dow Jones closes above 500 for first time
1970 U.S. lowers voting age from 21 to 18
1984 British ice dancing team, Torvill and Dean, become first skaters to receive 9 perfect 6.0s in world championships
2011 Analysts report a nuclear meltdown may be occurring at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant; a state of emergency is declared at five plants

Today’s Word:

Bevel \ BEV-uhl \ , noun;
1. irresolutely.
noun:
1. the inclination that one line or surface makes with another when not at right angles.
2. a surface that does not form a right angle with adjacent surfaces.
(There were several other definitions, but they went on too long, so I cut ‘em off!)

Today Is:

Organize Your Home Office Day
Girl Scout Birthday Day
Plant a Flower Day

Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,142,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, March 12th, 2013. Apologies to our early bird QOTD people if these questions are posted a little later than usual for Tuesday… I completely forgot that you guys have (mostly) moved your clocks an hour ahead. We’ll be putting our clocks back, but not until April 7th – I’m pleased we hang on to our summer hours as long as possible!

Today’s Question:

A few months ago, to get stamps!

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.?

Oh gawd, DH took me kayaking down a part of the Frio that neither of us have ever been on before! Shheez, fallen trees over the river, twists and turns around big boulders, class 3 & 4 rapids. Scary! ...but fun!

Nuttin'!!! LoL!

Bonus Question:

James Taylor! (got that from RR! )

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing?

Yep!

Today in History:

1945 New York is first to prohibit discrimination by race and creed in employment
1984 British ice dancing team, Torvill and Dean, become first skaters to receive 9 perfect 6.0s in world championships
2011 Analysts report a nuclear meltdown may be occurring at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant; a state of emergency is declared at five plants

Today’s Word:

1. irresolutely.
noun:
1. the inclination that one line or surface makes with another when not at right angles.
(There were several other definitions, but they went on too long, so I cut ‘em off!)

Today Is:

Girl Scout Birthday Day
Plant a Flower Day
Thanks for the Q's Kobber!.........have a great day friends!

Old 03-12-2013, 10:32 AM

44,372 posts, read 20,080,080 times
Today’s Question:
When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? A couple of weeks ago. I purchased some stamps.

Extra Credit Question:
What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? Abseiling? What the heck is that? I haven't done anything as adventurous as what's listed. So far, I'd say the more dare devil thing I've done is to hike in the snow on Mt. Rainier in Washington State. It was the first time I ever saw a mountain up close, and there I was, hiking on a tiny trail in the snow. My friend and I had the trail all to ourselves, and it seemed very dangerous to me at the time.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Next week I will be on a cruise in the eastern Caribbean. One of the excursions I'm going to take is an underwater sub scooter. That's way out of my comfort zone, but I can't wait to try it! It's similar to this one:

Bonus Question:
I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? Nope. I know two other people who share my birthday in February, though.

Just for fun:
Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? Not really; just a desk in the corner of my family room. If so, does it need organizing? It could use a little touch-up.

Today’s Word:
1. irresolutely.
noun:
There are a lot of Victorian homes in my neighborhood that have beveled glass windows and doors.

Today Is:
Organize Your Home Office Day Maybe I'll straighten up my desk this evening.
Girl Scout Birthday Day I was a Girl Scout. Good organization!
Plant a Flower Day I won't be planting today, but I have several flowers blooming or budding on my desk at work right now. I have a beautiful orchid that has 5 blossoms on it and a red and white amaryllis whose buds will open any day now. Unfortunately, the timing is bad - it'll be at the peak of its glory while I'm away on vacation.

Have a happy day, everyone!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:33 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,806,136 times
[quote=Kobber;28629167]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, March 12th, 2013. Apologies to our early bird QOTD people if these questions are posted a little later than usual for Tuesday… I completely forgot that you guys have (mostly) moved your clocks an hour ahead. We’ll be putting our clocks back, but not until April 7th – I’m pleased we hang on to our summer hours as long as possible!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there?......Last fall. It's an old post office with some really neat wood work. I sent a friend from Maine (friends from the CD Maine forum) some of my favorite winter socks. They're really warm and cozy. I had a pair on last night and stepped in something wet and suspicious

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.?.... Working half in and half out of a third story window with out any safety gear helping John restore the dormers. (One more to go, just kill me now.) Drive my car at 100 mph on the Skyway coming back from the dunes. Ski in Sun Valley Idaho. Take 7 kids to the beach. When I was in my 20's I was in a cage with 3 grown lions.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future?...Take 7 kids to the beach, and ski again. I'd like to white water raft in Maine next summer and cage dive with a great white shark.

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today?.....No

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing?....No it's my dining room table and I did it last night. It took me over an hour to go through all of the receipts, update the check book, and put all the birthdays in my planner. Yes the pets are in there too.

Today in History:

Today’s Word:

1. irresolutely.
noun:

Today Is:

Girl Scout Birthday Day
Plant a Flower Day
Thanks Kobber. Can I have some of those tacos rainroosty?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:46 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,309,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, March 12th, 2013. Apologies to our early bird QOTD people if these questions are posted a little later than usual for Tuesday… I completely forgot that you guys have (mostly) moved your clocks an hour ahead. We’ll be putting our clocks back, but not until April 7th – I’m pleased we hang on to our summer hours as long as possible!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? It's been a couple of months but I went to the local PO to purchase stamps. Since then I've learned that Office Depot and Safeway both sell stamps, too (they're closer to the house).

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? I'm not a dare-devil person but an awful lot of people over the years have thought I was very ballzy for taking so many trips by myself. I've inspired a few women to do it.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? The idea of parachute-jumping kinda' excites but I doubt I would do it.

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? No, but my first husband's was yesterday.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? One of the "bedrooms" was converted into an office/computer room when we moved it. My workstation gets messy as hell in no time flat. It needs again.

Have a good one.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:47 AM
bjh

60,098 posts, read 30,421,372 times
Today’s Question:
A couple of weeks ago, shipped a package.

Extra Credit Question:
Or is that the most 'break-neck' thing?

Not anywhere near as dramatic as that list, but bike riding off of ramps as a kid. It was a miracle no one broke an arm, or a neck.

None of the above.

Bonus Question:
No. I know someone who had a birthday this Sunday, if that helps.

Just for fun:
A bit, but who has time?

Today Is:
Maybe later.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:34 AM

36,432 posts, read 16,041,106 times
Today’s Question:

It's been a long time, probably to mail a package at xmas time.
Extra Credit Question:

I'm not a dare-devil at allll. I guess just going on a wild ride

Start dancing in the middle of the isle of the grocery store

Bonus Question:

Hmm, no not today.

Just for fun:

I do and it's pretty good, just got rid of the Pilates reformer that was in the middle of the floor.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,254,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSinger View Post
What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Next week I will be on a cruise in the eastern Caribbean. One of the excursions I'm going to take is an underwater sub scooter. That's way out of my comfort zone, but I can't wait to try it! It's similar to this one:

That looks like fun! I would go for it! Someone will be keeping an eye on you so have them take pics of you on the scooter and share!

Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,037,028 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? It's been a long time since I've been to the actual post office. I usually go to the UPS store when I want to ship something. The last time I went to the post office I think I bought some stamps.

Extra Credit Question:

When I was kid, me and my good friend that lived across the street built a ramp made out of plywood so we could jump over three large barrels with our bicycles. I hit the edge of the ramp and crashed over to the side of the ramp and my friend hit the ramp dead on and flew through the air about 6 feet off the ground, landing very badly as well. It took us a week to recover...lol.

I think we were trying to be like this guy below (legendary daredevil Evel Knievel...he was really popular back then....lol)

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? My daredevil days ended the day I had that bicycle crash that I mentioned above....lol.

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? No

Just for fun:

Yes, I have a home office and it definitely needs some organizing...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics