Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 08:03 AM

7,487 posts, read 8,004,316 times

Advertisements

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there?
Probably about a month ago to check my mail. All I ever get are bills and junk mail so no sense wasting a lot of time checking it every day. Have to go in 3 weeks to put a hold on my bills and junk mail until I know what my new address will be after I move.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.?
I am not much of a 'dare devil' kind of person. Unlike some people I do not enjoy sitting in hospital ER's waiting to get put back together.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future?
Eat stinky cheese while sitting in a crowded airplane.

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today?
I just checked my daily planner and could not believe what I saw. Not a single birthday party to attend today. I guess I do not know anyone with a birthday today.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing?
I have a home office. It needs organizing. However there is no chance I will organize it today. Not likely it will get organized tomorrow either.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? About a month ago to buy some stamps

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? None of the above, thankfully!

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? My idea of a daredevil thing to do is watch daredevils on TV. Won't see me out there! lol

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? Nope

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? No home office here

Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobber View Post
Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, March 12th, 2013. Apologies to our early bird QOTD people if these questions are posted a little later than usual for Tuesday… I completely forgot that you guys have (mostly) moved your clocks an hour ahead. We’ll be putting our clocks back, but not until April 7th – I’m pleased we hang on to our summer hours as long as possible!
Does anyone like the time change?

Today’s Question:

couple wks ago-mailed some letters (bigger than usual-needed added postage) anf bought stamps
Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.?
watched an autopsy. Didn't even thow up!
Reading the news!

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today?
nope

Today in History:

1789 U.S. Post Office established
1884 Mississippi establishes first U.S. state college for women
1912 Captain Albert Berry performs first parachute jump from an airplane
1933 Franklin D. Roosevelt conducts his first fireside chat
1945 New York is first to prohibit discrimination by race and creed in employment
1956 Dow Jones closes above 500 for first time
1970 U.S. lowers voting age from 21 to 18
1984 British ice dancing team, Torvill and Dean, become first skaters to receive 9 perfect 6.0s in world championships
2011 Analysts report a nuclear meltdown may be occurring at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant; a state of emergency is declared at five plants

Today Is:

Organize Your Home Office Day
Girl Scout Birthday Day
Plant a Flower Day
wonder if I could get a girl scout I don't know to organize the home office I don't have so I could go plant a flower?
Have a great day, all

Old 03-12-2013, 08:36 AM

858 posts, read 1,145,749 times
Today’s Question:

a couple weeks ago to buy stamps

Extra Credit Question:

a friend and I went down a very steep unknown hill on mountain bikes, which was not a very good idea because there was a large hole which we luckily flew over.

my trailblazin days are over lol, prefer a much more leisure bike ride

Bonus Question:

I hope not, dont always remembers everyones birthday lol

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing?

yes, its fairly organized, athough at times it does resemble a war zone lol

Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM

4,041 posts, read 2,908,738 times
Sunny and mid-70s in the NV desert today.

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? Last Saturday, I picked up a package that was too big for my mailbox and mailed a package to my granddaughter for her 8th birthday.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? Not much a dare devil -- haven't done any of these scary things.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Nothing.

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? Nope.

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? No. My "office" is in various cabinets throughout my living room.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,832,592 times
Today’s Question:

Myself? Longtime...
Extra Credit Question:

Flew in a Hughes 500D helicopter with my employer doing the flying.

Bonus Question:

Mom's was last week....

Just for fun:

Today in History:

1755 First steam engine in America installed, to pump water from a mine
1945 New York is first to prohibit discrimination by race and creed in employment
1984 British ice dancing team, Torvill and Dean, become first skaters to receive 9 perfect 6.0s in world championships
2011 Analysts report a nuclear meltdown may be occurring at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant; a state of emergency is declared at five plants

Today’s Word:

Bevel \ BEV-uhl \ , noun;
1. irresolutely.
noun:
1. the inclination that one line or surface makes with another when not at right angles.
2. a surface that does not form a right angle with adjacent surfaces.
(There were several other definitions, but they went on too long, so I cut ‘em off!)

Today Is:

Girl Scout Birthday Day
Plant a Flower Day
Thanks Kobber!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Today’s Question:

Last December to mail a package.

Extra Credit Question:

I rode a freight train with two of my friends when I was in high school. We rode it for 200 miles in west Texas and then caught another one taking us back home.

Not one thing.

Bonus Question:

No.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? It's a home office, computer room and movie room. It needs to be tidied up in a big way. Where is the clean-up fairy?

Today in History:

1755 First steam engine in America installed, to pump water from a mine
1984 British ice dancing team, Torvill and Dean, become first skaters to receive 9 perfect 6.0s in world championships They were wonderful to watch.

Today’s Word:

Bevel \ BEV-uhl \ , noun;
1. irresolutely.
noun:
1. the inclination that one line or surface makes with another when not at right angles.
2. a surface that does not form a right angle with adjacent surfaces.
(There were several other definitions, but they went on too long, so I cut ‘em off!)

Today Is:

Girl Scout Birthday Day
Plant a Flower Day

Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,090,894 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? Feb. 26 was last day I went to buy stamps and mail bill payments.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? whitewater canoeing on Jack's Fork River (Current River) in Missouri...that was a wild ride for sure.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Sit in a rocking chair and crochet!

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? No

Just for fun:

OMG it does....could you come over and do that right now?

Today Is:

Organize Your Home Office Day clap clap
Girl Scout Birthday Day clap clap
Plant a Flower Day clap clap clap....I love flowers

Thanks Kobber.....Yesterday was Marvelous Monday and today is Terrific Tuesday...hope yours is Terrific...don't let the red elephant sit on your chair today....he will break it for sure!

Last edited by rural chick; 03-12-2013 at 09:37 AM..

Old 03-12-2013, 09:32 AM

44,631 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? A few days ago. Mailed some stuff.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? When in the military flew in a MASH type helicopter with no doors hanging outside taking recon pictures.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Zip line over Victoria Falls So. Africa

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? No.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? Yes, it sorta does.

Happy Tuesday, enjoy...

Old 03-12-2013, 09:39 AM

24,471 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Today’s Question:

Last week, I had to deliver our quarterly news letter to the bulk mail office for mailing.

Extra Credit Question:

Oh boy, so many things. Jumping off roofs, water skiing, desert motorcycle riding and playing with electricity. My body is now paying the price.

Zip lining or para sailing.

Bonus Question:

Not even this week, but in 2 weeks I have 2.

Just for fun:

It still needs to be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics