Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 06:18 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,782,498 times

Advertisements

[quote=Kobber;28629167]Good morning everyone and welcome to QOTD for Tuesday, March 12th, 2013. Apologies to our early bird QOTD people if these questions are posted a little later than usual for Tuesday… I completely forgot that you guys have (mostly) moved your clocks an hour ahead. We’ll be putting our clocks back, but not until April 7th – I’m pleased we hang on to our summer hours as long as possible!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? About 10 days ago to mail a bill and buy a few stamps.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? Rode in the trunk of a car for about 15 miles but I can't remember why I did it! It must of been on a dare. Was a passenger in a car going 130 miles per hour.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Nothing.

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? No

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? No, it's a spare bedroom. If so, does it need organizing? Yes, it could use some organizing since there is various stuff in there besides the computer.

Today in History:

1755 First steam engine in America installed, to pump water from a mine
1789 U.S. Post Office established
1884 Mississippi establishes first U.S. state college for women
1912 Captain Albert Berry performs first parachute jump from an airplane
1933 Franklin D. Roosevelt conducts his first fireside chat
1945 New York is first to prohibit discrimination by race and creed in employment
1956 Dow Jones closes above 500 for first time
1970 U.S. lowers voting age from 21 to 18
1984 British ice dancing team, Torvill and Dean, become first skaters to receive 9 perfect 6.0s in world championships
2011 Analysts report a nuclear meltdown may be occurring at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant; a state of emergency is declared at five plants

Today’s Word:

Bevel \ BEV-uhl \ , noun;
1. irresolutely.
noun:
1. the inclination that one line or surface makes with another when not at right angles.
2. a surface that does not form a right angle with adjacent surfaces.
(There were several other definitions, but they went on too long, so I cut ‘em off!)

Today Is:

Organize Your Home Office Day
Girl Scout Birthday Day
Plant a Flower Day

Have a good day.

Last edited by Lucky Lady123; 03-12-2013 at 06:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 06:21 AM

1,906 posts, read 1,624,039 times
Mornin' all!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there?

Several months ago. I picked up stamps.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.?

Well, I doubt I'm ever going to do any of that kind of stuff (), but I did hold a tarantula. Twice. I actually kinda liked it.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future?
I might be able to do a polar bear plunge, but that's probably going to be the extent of any "dare devil" activities on my part. Sometimes I think just traveling by airplane is quite enough.

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today?
Yes, a friend's daughter, Cassie.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing?
I do not have a home office. But if I did, I am absolutely certain it would need organizing!

Today in History:

1755 First steam engine in America installed, to pump water from a mine
1789 U.S. Post Office established
1884 Mississippi establishes first U.S. state college for women
1912 Captain Albert Berry performs first parachute jump from an airplane
1933 Franklin D. Roosevelt conducts his first fireside chat
1945 New York is first to prohibit discrimination by race and creed in employment
1956 Dow Jones closes above 500 for first time
1970 U.S. lowers voting age from 21 to 18
1984 British ice dancing team, Torvill and Dean, become first skaters to receive 9 perfect 6.0s in world championships
2011 Analysts report a nuclear meltdown may be occurring at the Fukushima I Nuclear Power Plant; a state of emergency is declared at five plants

Today’s Word:

Bevel \ BEV-uhl \ , noun;
1. irresolutely.
noun:
1. the inclination that one line or surface makes with another when not at right angles.
2. a surface that does not form a right angle with adjacent surfaces.
(There were several other definitions, but they went on too long, so I cut ‘em off!)

Today Is:

Organize Your Home Office Day
Girl Scout Birthday Day
Plant a Flower Day

Thanx for the Qs Kobber.
Have a good day everyone.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:25 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,113,440 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? It's been a while but probably to mail an oversized letter where I wanted postage to be accurate ...

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? Traveling to NYC and parts of Canada solo ... Or maybe catching multiple buses at night from college in East LA while pursuing my masters degree ... That was definitely brave

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Travel to Europe this summer if I can work up the nerve and get the finances in order

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today?
Not according to Facebook ... Can't think of anyone ... Yesterday, a friend had a b-day on 3/11.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? My home office is located in the bedroom and boy, does it ever need organizing

Old 03-12-2013, 06:26 AM

16,489 posts, read 24,590,229 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? Today and I was checking my mail.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? Swimming in the ocean where I knew there were baby tiger sharks all around.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Probably nothing, I am not really the daredevil type.

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? Not today.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? I wouldn't call it a home office, but I have a study with mine and my kids computers in it. It does need a little organizing.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 AM

37,871 posts, read 41,287,644 times
Today’s Question:

Mailed an oversized envelope a few months ago and purchased stamps.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.?

I remember going caving once and climbing over wet rocks in the dark in the mountains of New Hampshire about 30 years ago. It was one of those do it at your own risk kind of things. Even when I was very young I used to trip and fall a lot so as a klutz I knew my limitations.

Stand on a chair to change a light bulb.

Bonus Question:

Not that I know of. People I met after they were about 45 years old never told me or anyone else, probably, their birthdates. The people whose birthdays I know, I have known since 1995 or earlier.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing?

Yes. Yes.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:30 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,283,044 times
When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? December mailing Christmas packages.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? No dare devil activity for me

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? Sky diving

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? Nope

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? My "office" area is always a part of the front of my home so I'm close to coffee pot and can see out of plenty of windows. It gets reorganized as needed. The thing is, open a drawer and a cat jumps in.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:57 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,553,817 times
Happy Tuesday all!

Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? Christmas time to buy stamps

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? para-sail

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? I'd like to try zip lining

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? no

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? If so, does it need organizing? not really

Old 03-12-2013, 07:08 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,304,508 times
Today’s Question:

Sent hubby there yesterday to mail a package for me; myself it has probably been a few weeks, again to mail a package...

Extra Credit Question:

Oh that would have to be taking a ride in a hot air balloon about 5 years ago..It was thrilling and scary at the same time!

I think the hot air balloon was my one daredevil thing to do...

Bonus Question:

Yes, my longtime friend Sue.

Just for fun:

Oh boy, I do have a home office and yes, it's a big mess and needs organizing. I don't even know where to start..

Old 03-12-2013, 07:10 AM

39,243 posts, read 23,235,816 times
Today’s Question:

When was the last time you visited a US Post Office, and what did you do there? Sometime late last year to buy stamps.

Extra Credit Question:

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’ve ever done – such as jumping out of a plane, white water rafting, bungee jumping, abseiling, mountain-climbing, etc.? Riding on a big wooden roller coaster at one of our local amusement parks.

What’s the most ‘dare devil’ thing you’d like to do in the future? I'm not an adrenalin junkie!

Bonus Question:

I know three people who have a birthday today. Do you know anyone with a birthday today? No.

Just for fun:

Today is Organize Your Home Office Day. Do you have a home office? Yes. If so, does it need organizing? Just need to purge my filing cabinet (an ongoing task ).

Have a fabulous Tuesday!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:40 AM

797 posts, read 1,352,899 times
I was at the post office yesterday as my address is a post office box.

I once wrestled a lion at the Minnesota State Fair
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics