Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 AM

16,759 posts, read 17,529,149 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

I'm getting this peeve set up well in advance as it is going to be busy here today with three sets of workmen hard at it.

As to the peeve, I have our good peever Tek Freek to thank for today's offering.

Tek is often reading articles that are less than clear, perhaps having key facts or details missing from them. One example he gave me was of an article that said that something would be available soon, but there was no published date for the actual article.

Mrs J mentioned about weather warnings she had seen, again with the date or times missing and I was confuzzled by a recipe I read that listed an ingredient, but was never mentioned in the cooking instructions.

So my dear peevers, the POTD is;

Articles that leave you confused and irritated.

If you hear cussing it's because I cannot get Photobucket to share a photo with you. The redesign of the website is really hacking me off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 01:14 AM

114,838 posts, read 66,104,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

I'm getting this peeve set up well in advance as it is going to be busy here today with three sets of workmen hard at it.

As to the peeve, I have our good peever Tek Freek to thank for today's offering.

Tek is often reading articles that are less than clear, perhaps having key facts or details missing from them. One example he gave me was of an article that said that something would be available soon, but there was no published date for the actual article.

Mrs J mentioned about weather warnings she had seen, again with the date or times missing and I was confuzzled by a recipe I read that listed an ingredient, but was never mentioned in the cooking instructions.

If you hear cussing it's because I cannot get Photobucket to share a photo with you. The redesign of the website is really hacking me off.
Yeah, I'm confused and irritated by Photobucket's changes as well Jezer!

While we wait! Here's our old Fire station from my childhood neighborhood!

GRRRRR! Editing is a PIA now!

Last edited by SATX56; 11-27-2012 at 01:42 AM.. Reason: removed photo ..... not to change scenery! :D

Old 11-27-2012, 02:43 AM

16,759 posts, read 17,529,149 times
Well, at least we have another peeve lined up- editing photos!

Here's one I have been able to access!

It's a well known tourist spot a few miles away. It's called Gold Hill in the town of Shaftesbury in the beautiful County of Dorset;

The hill became famous after a TV advertisment was set there in the early 1970s.

The director was someone called Ridley Scott!

The ad is supposedly set in the North of England, hence the (dodgy) accent but the actual setting is right down in the South of England;

Hovis 'Bike' advert 1973 (Britain's favourite TV ad) - YouTube

Old 11-27-2012, 03:24 AM

36,535 posts, read 16,116,845 times
I'm okay with the photobucket change..I guess, not much I can do about it.

Instructions that are not clear or make it way more complicated than necessary.Ugh

Old 11-27-2012, 04:44 AM

27,448 posts, read 27,483,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

Lol, Im naturally confused so it doesnt take much!

Old 11-27-2012, 06:02 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,075,546 times
I'm often confused and irritated so . . .
On photobucket I'm still using the old view. There is a little info banner at the top that says 'your all new photobucket is waiting for you' but I'm used to this way so never have checked it out.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:10 AM

3,646 posts, read 5,436,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin woman View Post
Lol, Im naturally confused so it doesnt take much!
I'm right there with you, Wis!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:30 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,985,286 times
I was proudly the first always to be confused in my classes!

Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,159,745 times
If I'm not confused, then some thing's wrong!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:30 AM

24,626 posts, read 26,189,993 times

The latest for me has been the new tax rules for retirees in 2013. Lots of media hype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics