Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 AM

16,701 posts, read 17,477,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by motormaker View Post
Articles that leave you confused and irritated.

The latest for me has been the new tax rules for retirees in 2013. Lots of media hype.
I sometimes think they try to make it confusing on purpose.

I've just been going through some HMRC (your IRS) documents and my head hurts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 10:14 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,259,523 times
The issue with Photobucket is not with signing in nor with the new version which I tried and rejected. The problem is the way it's hit and miss when linking items to a post. Lately it has made a mess of the graphics I add to my star congratulatory posts. So right now I'm not doing my usual glitzy congrats, just using text and no graphics.

Jezer, your pic looks like a version of San Francisco! Older, of course. Imagine having to do the initial construction on a hill like that!

I never count on one article to provide the info I'm looking for. Has been a while since I bought something that needed to be put together. But if that happens, if detail is missing or wrong in the instructions, I like to think I would figure it out before putting stuff together - especially if glue is part of it! Christmas time is just around the corner so there will be lots of parents putting things together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post

If you hear cussing it's because I cannot get Photobucket to share a photo with you. The redesign of the website is really hacking me off.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:03 AM

126,360 posts, read 19,117,720 times
Oh good Jezer you are back ...found you and I am glad to see your post. Nice picture by the way. Unfortunately I have no comment this time...

Old 11-27-2012, 12:59 PM

44,668 posts, read 61,774,875 times

Especially those from 3rd world conuntries and their instruction sheets or manuals.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:15 PM

44,392 posts, read 20,123,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

I'm getting this peeve set up well in advance as it is going to be busy here today with three sets of workmen hard at it.

As to the peeve, I have our good peever Tek Freek to thank for today's offering.

Tek is often reading articles that are less than clear, perhaps having key facts or details missing from them. One example he gave me was of an article that said that something would be available soon, but there was no published date for the actual article.

Mrs J mentioned about weather warnings she had seen, again with the date or times missing and I was confuzzled by a recipe I read that listed an ingredient, but was never mentioned in the cooking instructions.

So my dear peevers, the POTD is;

If you hear cussing it's because I cannot get Photobucket to share a photo with you. The redesign of the website is really hacking me off.
Good peeve, Tek and Jez! I hate when articles are not clearly written.

Does the peeve also include unclear instructions? OMG, how many times have we tried to follow assembly or maintenance instructions which left out an important step or described parts that didn't even exist?

Good peeve.......!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:20 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,781,802 times
Yes, articles (online or off) that mention an occurrence but have no associated date drive me to distraction. All those people need to take a basic writing course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics