Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 08:18 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,977,000 times

Advertisements

My garage needs some TLC...............................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 08:48 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,853,154 times
That's just money in our pockets. We only buy distressed properties and our house needed everything from the inside out. Our next inside project will be the hallway upstairs. John will build some traditional Arts and Crafts paneling and I have already picked out a tulip wall paper from Bradbury and Bradbury. That fake wood is the only thing original left in the house except all the gorgeous wood work and original wavy glass and leaded windows. We are finally in the home stretch of having every inch restored.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:32 AM

44,424 posts, read 20,186,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

I'm looking to head out and go view some items like windows and carpet for the house today and combine it with a scenic tour round this lovely area. It's time to decorate certain rooms and work will start in the next month or so.

Our so called new extension is far from new and our bedroom is looking tired. Got that at your home? You live with something for years and it either gradually, or suddenly hits you that it's past its sell by date.

Spill the beans- we want to know, because the POTD is;

A room at home needs some TLC.
This describes every room in my house, Jez. I'd love to have some professional renovations done, but I simply don't have the time. I am away from home for a minimum of 11.5 hours every weekday, and contractors won't work on weekends. I won't give my house keys to strangers so they can work in my absence, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

As far as decorating rooms myself, I don't have much time for that, either. I've done a little here and there, but only have 10 vacation days from work each year, which doesn't allow much time for big house projects. My house is 97 years old and needs lots of TLC. I manage to maintain the house and yard, but that's about it.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:15 AM

24,611 posts, read 26,173,117 times

I've been getting subtle hints and not so subtle hints that our bedroom needs a major makeover, oh and while we're at it the capering in the hall needs to be replaced and on and on it goes.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:02 AM

16,741 posts, read 17,519,273 times
Following on from PJ's comments about passing keys on to strangers, we're in a fortunate position here. I personally know our electrician, decorator, tiler/floorer, carpenter, plumber and tree surgeon .

They have all (with the exception of the tree surgeon ) been given the house key at one time or another in order to get on with things. Indeed some of them will have free reign to come and go when we go on vacation, in order to decorate two bedrooms.

Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 AM

656 posts, read 1,312,883 times
my guest room....there is not a thing on the walls it's just a bed and a dresser. not very inviting

Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 PM

16,489 posts, read 24,545,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

I'm looking to head out and go view some items like windows and carpet for the house today and combine it with a scenic tour round this lovely area. It's time to decorate certain rooms and work will start in the next month or so.

Our so called new extension is far from new and our bedroom is looking tired. Got that at your home? You live with something for years and it either gradually, or suddenly hits you that it's past its sell by date.

Spill the beans- we want to know, because the POTD is;

Our room that can use some TLC is my youngest sons room, he is 19. When he shared a bedroom with his brother their room was always decent. He got his own room this year and it looks like a hurricane passed through it. I honestly had no idea how messy he was until he moved into that room. The room is very small and he has a lot of stuff, but it could still look better and not have stuff all over the carpeting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics