Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 08:12 AM

15,927 posts, read 8,147,863 times

Advertisements

I rather liked "True Grit".

Any other re-makes, I don't recall seeing them, or knowing they were re-makes. if I did and they were good, then YaY. If not Boo!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 11:58 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,324,249 times
Usually they aren't as good as the original. But I've a hunch that I'm going to like Jeff Bridges' "True Grit" a lot better than the original. Wasn't much of a John Wayne fan, and I didn't care for the little girl, either.

Last edited by Bluesmama; 01-26-2011 at 12:55 PM..

Old 01-26-2011, 12:15 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,229,031 times
There's a remake of "True Grit" in the works???

Sacrilege!!

That's almost as bad as the changing of Wonder Woman's costume.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:51 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,045,618 times
Good peeve, I hate those re-makes! I've never seen a single one of them that was anywhere near as good as the original.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:07 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,464,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

Sacrilege!!

Cunucu, if I'm not mistaken, the remake of True Grit came out somewhere right around Thanksgiving - Christmas. It got good reviews. It stars Jeff Bridges... whom I never saw as a very good actor, but apparently he's improved with age? I always saw him as self-absorbed. You might still be able to catch the movie. I would imagine it's still playing.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 PM

15,927 posts, read 8,147,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
Usually they aren't as good as the original. But I've a hunch that I'm going to like Jeff Bridges' "True Grit" a lot better than the original. Wasn't much of a John Wayne fan, and I didn't care for the little girl, either.
I loved the Duke, but yeah, that wasn't one of the his best, and that girl was a toad.
You will love this Mattie Ross, played by Hailee Steinfeld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post

Sacrilege!!

See above!!!^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
Cunucu, if I'm not mistaken, the remake of True Grit came out somewhere right around Thanksgiving - Christmas. It got good reviews. It stars Jeff Bridges... whom I never saw as a very good actor, but apparently he's improved with age? I always saw him as self-absorbed. You might still be able to catch the movie. I would imagine it's still playing.
.........and you little Missy, obviously have never seen the "Dude" in "The Big Lebowski"

Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,949,821 times
I like both Bo and Jeff Bridges acting talents at least in recent years. Daughter and her hub and wife and I took Gbaby to Movies night before last. We watched "Tangled"with Gbaby and daughter and SIL watched "True Grit" next screen over. They liked it except for the ending. John Wayne was great...huge presence !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics