Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 02:38 AM

16,675 posts, read 17,444,965 times

Advertisements

Good morning peevers.

The snow has gone and it's due to warm up this weekend down here in the South.

Yesterday I had to drive through areas where there had been heavier falls and if I wasn't driving and on a tight schedule would have got some wonderful photos.

Hmm....

How about that for a peeve- ever been seen something and wished you had a camera to capture the moment?

Just now I walked into the kitchen and disturbed a nuthatch feeding under the bird table on the patio outside. Closer inspection revealed that it was feeding close to a squirrel. That would have made a lovely shot.

Tell us about something that you were unable to capture for posterity because our POTD is;

Why didn't I have my camera to hand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2013, 04:27 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times
I had to browse for nuthatch and it's a bird! I've learned something already!

There have been many times I wished I had a camera with me. Lately I was taking it with me since there are many beautiful trees in my neighborhood and often big birds wandering around. But when leaving it in the car while going into a store, I put it in the floorboard covered with something uninteresting like the raincoat that stays in the car. You never know when someone will break out a window to grab something seen in the seat. A few days ago, my Nikon crashed. It's about four years old but I do have the receipt and Nikon has advised I can send it in for a checkup. But it is the low cost aim-and-shoot version and I'm browsing for DSLR's that are not terribly expensive. The Canon Rebel looks interesting. Not having a camera handy is like being without coffee! Gotta have a camera!

Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 AM

I'm no expert- far from it!

I have heard some good things about that camera, though it has a different name over here.

The Photography Forum on GC might help.

Check out 'Bridge Cameras' as well.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 AM

6,434 posts, read 5,252,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
I'm no expert- far from it!

I have heard some good things about that camera, though it has a different name over here.

The Photography Forum on GC might help.

Check out 'Bridge Cameras' as well.
My first "good" camera was a Pentax SLR. Pleased to say I was very good with it and never wasted a shot. I got aggravated with it when I began to need glasses for closeup detail and sold it along with a magnificent zoom lens. Now that I've learned my lesson and will gladly wear my glasses, I'm itching for an affordable DSLR. In between all this house stuff, errands and grooming cats, I'll hop over to the Photo Forum!

I just browsed and Wiki says that almost all bridge cameras lack an optical viewfinder system and do not have interchangeable lenses. I do want both those options so thanks for mentioning the bridge. It would be a good transition for anyone not wanting to deal with all that is required with an SLR.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:03 AM

30,551 posts, read 16,240,407 times
yea. all the time but figure I better get used to it because I hate shooting with digital and film/developing is getting way too expensive.

progress....

Old 01-26-2013, 07:10 AM

27,354 posts, read 27,407,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezer View Post
Good morning peevers.

The snow has gone and it's due to warm up this weekend down here in the South.

Yesterday I had to drive through areas where there had been heavier falls and if I wasn't driving and on a tight schedule would have got some wonderful photos.

Hmm....

How about that for a peeve- ever been seen something and wished you had a camera to capture the moment?

Just now I walked into the kitchen and disturbed a nuthatch feeding under the bird table on the patio outside. Closer inspection revealed that it was feeding close to a squirrel. That would have made a lovely shot.

Tell us about something that you were unable to capture for posterity because our POTD is;

Good one! I usually always keep at least one of my cameras with me at all times, but right now my 35mm is out of film so its the digital. Never leave home without it!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:11 AM

36,428 posts, read 16,038,061 times
By the time a get my camera out the "moment" is gone. I'm not very good at capturing good shots.

Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,719,218 times
I am very good at forgetting my camera. So is Mrs. Tek.

Old 01-26-2013, 10:40 AM

24,484 posts, read 26,021,800 times

I have a point and shoot and a DSLR sitting on my desk right now and I still forget to pick them up when we go out and about.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:18 PM

Phone cameras have got pretty good these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics