Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:55 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,019,682 times

Advertisements

Mine will be VERY nice. I'll have two days off work, some food in the house (nothing fancy, but definitely filling), time to relax, football games and movies to watch, and I'll shop for Christmas later. Forget that Black Friday stuff. It will just be me and family members, and it will be very low key. My family is small, and some are out of town anyway.
This has been a challenging year so far, but I'm definitely learning to appreciate the simple pleasures. Also learning to take it one day at a time and don't fret about tomorrow. It is INDEED a learning thing - DAILY. You must make up your mind not to be stressed and totally unhappy and find SOMETHING good in life. There's got to be SOMETHING.
Anyway, thanks for "listening".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 02:48 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,459,208 times
Thanksgiving will be a busy day in the morning, followed by a little relaxation.
Mid afternoon my Family will start to arrive, my Neice and Nephew will come over.
And run me around like a madman, they have my so wrapped around their 2 and 4 year old fingers and know it.
It will be a great day in the end and I'll sleep like a baby that night.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:56 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,074,917 times
Thanksgiving will be at my house this year. My brother and sister-in-law and my little niece will arrive here on Wednesday afternoon from out of town. My mother and grandmother live here in town and will be here at my house on Thanksgiving day as well. My mom and sister-in-law will do all the cooking...yay!!! We'll eat a lot, of course, and then watch football games the rest of the day. If the evening football game is boring we'll probably watch a movie.

Old 11-22-2010, 04:01 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,244,289 times
I ... will probably just end up making some chili for myself ... that's about it.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:37 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,019,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
I ... will probably just end up making some chili for myself ... that's about it.
Chili's good. Sounds like you're in for a nice relaxing day. Enjoy. Watch a movie or some football. There is no rule that you must be with people to have a good time, and no rule that says you must be alone to have one, either.
It is what it is, you know? Make the best of the situation, whatever it is.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:00 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,048,614 times
A day like any other. Will probably sleep until noon, have breakfast, get online, make a sandwich for lunch, get back online, have the other 1/2 of sandwich for dinner, then watch T.V.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:00 AM

44,751 posts, read 62,096,299 times
Once a year both sides of the families get together. We have a long table, like the Hatfield's and the McCoy's, we all sit on one side or the other. After sitting there staring at each other and stuffing our faces as if there was no tomorrow, the cook brings out the wishbone. That's when the fun begins as each side whips out their shotguns and rifles, aiming at each other, daring each other, as to who is going to get to split the bone and make a wish. Sometimes the stalemate lingers on into the night...

Old 11-23-2010, 11:21 AM

43,851 posts, read 51,506,477 times
We had our family Thanksgiving this past Sunday at my mom's house.
I am going with my two younger kids (19/21) and grandson(3) to Sea World on Thanksgiving Day.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:33 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,244,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Chili's good. Sounds like you're in for a nice relaxing day. Enjoy. Watch a movie or some football. There is no rule that you must be with people to have a good time, and no rule that says you must be alone to have one, either.
It is what it is, you know? Make the best of the situation, whatever it is.
Well, I didn't grow up celebrating it so it's not something that I miss; you know the thing about having something and then not having it, doesn't apply to me on holidays. However, I did go to a couple of friend's family holiday celebrations, I really felt uncomfortable and awkward, which isn't to say it's a bad thing if one does.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:17 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,332,266 times
After way too many years of being places we HAD to go and didn't really want to, we have spent the past 3 (and will spend this one) in our own home, just the two of us, doing whatever we feel like. We're being rebels this year and having (gasp!) ham as our main protein. DH is working on a screened-in porch, so, if he feels like it, he'll do so Thursday. Oh, that reminds me - I'd better put the Spumante in the fridge, since we'll probably have a drink or two that day.

Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics