Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:24 AM

30 posts, read 623,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's Rooster View Post
I could honestly see a major international city getting an NFL franchise before a mid size American city. I know it sound CRAZY but I really could see Toronto or London or one of the former NFL Europe cities receiving a team before an Orlando, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Portland or Oklahoma City.

I don't know. Players won't like to live in Europe. Traveling will be huge factor, a team will get to America 3-4 days before game day to get over jet lag.

I don't think it will happen any soon but maybe in 10-20 years. Who knows?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 10:31 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,339,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deafcharger View Post
I don't know. Players won't like to live in Europe. Traveling will be huge factor, a team will get to America 3-4 days before game day to get over jet lag.

I don't think it will happen any soon but maybe in 10-20 years. Who knows?
Agreed. But in that 10-20 years they will probaly get the team before the mid size American cities. Toronto or any Canadian city would be the logical choice since the Canadian Football League already has established a football presence.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:40 AM

30 posts, read 623,291 times
Quote:
Agreed. But in that 10-20 years they will probaly get the team before the mid size American cities. Toronto or any Canadian city would be the logical choice since the Canadian Football League already has established a football presence.

Toronto makes a lot sense for NFL but the problem is Buffalo owner Ralph Wilson won't approve it. Buffalo is struggling with attendance and lack of revenue. They could potentially lose some fans to Toronto if they get a team there.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:44 AM

1,377 posts, read 4,212,643 times
Walt Disney built a friggin HUGE theme park in the middle of a swamp! If he can do that, anything is possible here, bring on the Jags!

Old 10-03-2009, 11:06 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,563,055 times
Quote:
Toronto or any Canadian city would be the logical choice since the Canadian Football League already has established a football presence.
Montreal would be an excellent choice.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:55 PM

331 posts, read 1,052,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amax41 View Post
yep huge dollars in a non-sports town in a stadium that should have been blown down years ago in an area that should have been blown over years ago, with a team that has little hope.

signed
A Steelers Fan

This right here is exactly why Orlando will probably never get an NFL. Like said before I know more people who support teams from the Northeast; Patriots, Jets, Giants, Eagles, Steelers, and even Buffalo Fans, than people who are fans of Florida teams. I don't even think I know of one person who cheers for Jacksonville. I am a die hard sports fan I LOVE the Orlando Magic and would love to see more professional sports in the area. I went to UCF and support UCF as well. I love Orlando and would support any team that would come here. I think another problem is, is that since there was never a NFL team here, many people in order to support a Florida team support the Buccaneers, do you think that people who have supported The Bucs who live in Orlando are going to just switch over and support whatever team would come here. Not to mention the crap-hole that is the Citus Bowl...lol...Anyways I more than anyone would absolutely love to have more professional sports in the Orlando, but I just don't see it happening anytime in the near future. Too bad.

Old 10-03-2009, 04:06 PM

316 posts, read 1,037,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
Walt Disney built a friggin HUGE theme park in the middle of a swamp! If he can do that, anything is possible here, bring on the Jags!
Actually that Park, as much as I love it, is a large contributing factor to the 'why nots' ....

Bottom line is when Orlando finishes growing up, becomes more stable in it's population, and they fix that eyesore downtown (the stadium) then maybe..... that will be years from now...

and what will they call this team??? The Orlando Breakers???? LMAO!

Old 10-03-2009, 08:55 PM

872 posts, read 1,713,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Montreal would be an excellent choice.
Its interesting you mention Montreal. I don't believe the province of Quebec would back an NFL team. However, I think a team in Alberta such as Calgary would be a good idea because of its strong interest in football and its proximity to another mid-size city, Edmonton.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:19 AM

316 posts, read 1,037,274 times
While I'm all for sharing.... and before anyone jumps on me that the N in NFL means National....and thereby misinterpreting that.....

Could it be possible that maybe just once we keep an American 'thing' in America?

Old 10-03-2010, 07:44 PM

282 posts, read 634,547 times
Um......No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando