Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: WICH CITY HAST THE BEST QUALITY OF LIFE?
Miami 1 16.67%
Orlando 1 16.67%
Houston 2 33.33%
Virginia Beach 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 01:33 PM

21 posts, read 81,976 times

Advertisements

I am planning to relocate in Orlando from Houston tx, I would like to know how good is to live in Orlando? How are real state prices compared with houston? How much money do I need to buy a property in a safety neighborhood? What are the best things about Orlando? and what are the worst?
IMPORTANT. In Houston it is possible to buy a 2,000 square feet with $180,000 to $200.000 in a good neighborhood with decent neighbors... it is possible in Orlando too?
Please let me know, I really appreciate the advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 06:35 PM

31 posts, read 55,713 times
Yes you can buy a good house in a nice neighborhood for about $150 - 160k these days. But why are u considering moving here if you dont mind asking? Don't move till you have a job offer here because it is very tough to find a job here with countless people ahead of you. The best things about orlando is that you will be close to attractions like disney, universal, beaches etc, worst part will be the heat over here. I have been living here for over 12 years and I am considering moving out of here because it is at it's worst point right now. According to me you are living in a way better place right now, i mean i would consider moving houston than orlando.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:23 PM

21 posts, read 81,976 times
Well I am glad home prices are similar to Houston, I am concidering moving because I have an opportunity over there and because my wife loves florida and she doesnt like Houston. The heat is not a problem for me, I think Orlando is a cold place compared with Houston...=). I love Houston but we will see, thank you for your advice.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:23 AM

5 posts, read 8,596 times
Orlando is great for vacation.. not so great place to live. Houses are better now since the economy tanked but otherwise cost of living is high. Schools are not so great. Traffic is horrid as the roads were not built to handle it. Heat with humidity and lack of ocean breeze makes summer very long.
Loving Florida does not mean loving Orlando... think twice and then again.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:57 PM

6 posts, read 33,831 times
What part of Florida is the most temperate, weather-wise?

Old 03-08-2014, 11:13 PM

138 posts, read 153,471 times
My main issue with Orlando is that is way too inland for me and too far from either coast,i'am from the caribbean so i need to be close to a beach or ocean or i'll go nuts..but hey that's just me, some people don't mind being and hour or so inland,not me.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:56 AM

3,595 posts, read 6,952,560 times
It's funny these posts about Orlando being inland with humidity or being too far from the coast. You've basically described Houston to a tee. And not to mention the beaches Orlando is close to are way better than Houston.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:23 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
It's funny these posts about Orlando being inland with humidity or being too far from the coast. You've basically described Houston to a tee. And not to mention the beaches Orlando is close to are way better than Houston.
I agree, also, I've never seen a city with as many lakes as Orlando, not to homes with pools, plus you have great water parks in your backyard for those very hot summer days.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:38 PM

4,167 posts, read 9,346,116 times
$200k would put you in a pretty nice neighborhood. Probably 3/2 with a pool in a good school district. Best thing about Orlando is variety. Variety in things to do, variety in communities, variety in people. Worst thing about Orlando the traffic. The weather thing is really not that bad. It's unbearable for about 4 months a year. The rest of the year is pretty nice. For example today it was lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s. It will probably stay this way for another month. After that it starts to heat up with it getting pretty bad in July and August. It starts to cool down again at the end of September. The beach really is not any further away than what you're used to in Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
View detailed profiles of: