Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 PM

4 posts, read 16,676 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Fl this summer, I have not yet decided between Orlando or Kissimmee. I have a 5 year old daughter who has hearing loss, she will need a good programs and lots of therapies. I was wondering if someone could tell me which school district is better, if you have experience with a hard of hearing children a plus, I just need to decide which schools are better, specially for my daughter's situation. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 PM

2,363 posts, read 5,201,288 times
ha, I was going to say OCPS for (Orange County Public Schools) but Osceola starts wit an O too But Definitely Orange District Schools.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:19 PM

lol yeah I would of been like whaaat?? hehehe thanks!

Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 PM

492 posts, read 1,024,852 times
Ditto - Orange County.

If you need help narrowing down specific schools, etc., feel free to message me. I've got a 4.5 yr old and have looked at nearly all of them.

Also, if you want some activity ideas for free or cheap, let me know.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty09 View Post
lol yeah I would of been like whaaat?? hehehe thanks!
If you dont mind me asking, whats your daughters situation? OCPS has really helpful locations for specific problems or issues too.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:18 PM

thanks for the replies, my daughter has severe hearing loss and that cause her speech to delay alot. She now has hearing aids and her speech is improving but she still needs lots of help. We have tested her but do not know the cause as to why she has hearing loss.

Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 PM

I have research Kaley Elementary and it looks like a good school. Anyone knows?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty09 View Post
I have research Kaley Elementary and it looks like a good school. Anyone knows?

Yes Kaley is a good school.Great area. I went to Blankner so its a nice area.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:00 AM

4,167 posts, read 9,335,507 times
Kaley is good school in a very nice area. Lots of local parks for kids to enjoy. And for what it's worth, alot of the neighborhoods in the area have brick lined streets, which means fast drivers either avoid those streets or slow down making it much safer for small children.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:27 PM

492 posts, read 1,024,852 times
Kaley is an F school with lots of discipline problems (at least last school year). Yes, it is in a nice area. Yes, Blankner is a great school. One of the best, actually. And all the other (even mediocre) schools in the area are, well, at least better than Kaley (meaning Lake Como and Dover Shores, primarily).

I live down the street from Kaley and I've been told it has gotten so bad because it pulls students from the juvenile detention center on Michigan. I do not know if that is true or not. I know 3 parents of Kaley kids, and all HATE it. One is moving this summer to get her son into another school.

My daughter is zoned for Dover Shores, which I am also not thrilled with. However, she would have gone to VPK next year at Kaley because DS does not offer VPK. Instead, I will be driving her to a private VPK up by Florida Hospital.

Kaley certainly shows that you cannot judge a school by its neighborhood. :/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando