Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best area for schools
Orange County (S Orlando - airportish) 4 80.00%
Osceola County (Kissimmee) 0 0%
Osceola County (St. Cloud) 0 0%
Polk County (Kissimmee) 1 20.00%
Polk County (Poinciana) 1 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 06:18 AM

42 posts, read 285,835 times

Advertisements

Hi All -

I've been here a bit longer now and have a revised query. I'm still interested in hearing from anyone with special needs kids - especially Aspergers - about their central florida school experiences.

We've pretty much narrowed down our focus to South (East or West) Orlando, Kissimee, or St. Cloud. Basically I want to keep my husband as close to his job as possible, he works at the juvenile detention center in Kissimee.

Of those options does anyone have input on which is better school wise?

Specifically I have a question about Kissimmee. I've noticed that some Kissimmee properties are actually in Polk County. So question number 2 - which is better school wise (neighborhood info also welcome)?

This brings me to Poinciana - I've read all the back and forth about the area. My husband says that it's a no-go because of the traffic getting in and out and also because he says a high percentage of the kids they get are from that area - fair or not that's what he sees. However, I see that there are some Poinciana addresses that are also in Polk county. Is the Poinciana area in Polk county deserving of the reputation of the Osceola side or is it better?

Understand that I am fine with diversity and prefer it - I do however wish to stay out of any "ghetto" areas - for example - bars on windows, people not taking care of their properties, etc. I have read enough to understand that Orlando = crime especially compared to Kansas City I can accept that but I want my children to grow up respectful and I want to come home every day to an area that I'm proud to call home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 AM

1,988 posts, read 7,152,984 times
I voted for Orange County, Boone HS district (32806) is a good school as well as Winter Park HS. Avoid Colonial HS.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:04 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
Winter Park and Boone are the better ones in that region. Dr. Phillips and Olympia are good and Timber Creek is decent on the East side. The others leave much to be desired...

Old 05-12-2009, 05:51 PM

25 posts, read 89,158 times
I just recently moved to St Cloud and am very happy with the area and the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Orlando