Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 05:13 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,806,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
In Louisville. Its called the museum plaza and costs around 450 mil. It has a museum and condos etc....maybe it will be loved some day!
Museum Plaza
I'm sorry, that building is just to weird for words. Whoever approved that design is one sandwich short of a picnic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 10:29 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,770,643 times
Yeah. Its got to be the worst looking skyscraper that is being built right now.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:44 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,997,762 times
Quote:
In Louisville. Its called the museum plaza and costs around 450 mil. It has a museum and condos etc....maybe it will be loved some day!
Museum Plaza
Whoever got the city to buy off on that design is a genious. Anybody that can sell that concept has to be.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Whoever got the city to buy off on that design is a genious. Anybody that can sell that concept has to be.
I agree. Its hard to believe, but they really go wayyy out there these days. It does have an emphasis that it is a community center. A museum, condos, executive offices...etc etc. So its not a typical corporate tower like Devon wants to build. It still is ugly dough!

I am excited about what Devon wants to do. I dont think OKC has ever seen anything like this in downtown since the FNC and City Place had their "race to the top" in 1931. It will probably be the most expensive building OKC has ever witnessed (maybe even the state). The design will be announced in August.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:49 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,997,762 times
Quote:
I agree. Its hard to believe, but they really go wayyy out there these days. It does have an emphasis that it is a community center. A museum, condos, executive offices...etc etc. So its not a typical corporate tower like Devon wants to build. It still is ugly dough!

I am excited about what Devon wants to do. I dont think OKC has ever seen anything like this in downtown since the FNC and City Place had their "race to the top" in 1931. It will probably be the most expensive building OKC has ever witnessed (maybe even the state). The design will be announced in August.
I'm looking forward to seeing the design. Like you, I have an admiration to skyscrapers fashioned to compliment the empire state. I hope, and am fairly certain, that whatever design they choose will not only compliment but enhance the OkC skyline.

Keep us posted HT!

Old 06-02-2008, 10:35 PM

I hope it turns out well. They selected a world class firm etc. so it should be a great design. Im just happy they are building something tall. lol.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:38 PM

52,769 posts, read 48,153,731 times
Default Badly Needed In OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I hope they build something really stunning that will stand out. The two examples you've given are beautiful. I'm a country person at heart, but eye catching architecture like that is beautiful to me.

I'm with you, Synopsis, and I want those behind this undertaking to just please do it right. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. OKC needs this.

Old 06-04-2008, 09:55 AM

This 400 million dollar skyscraper is not badly needed. lol. Maps 1, maps 2, maps 3, all the private investment, huge bonds for infrastructure, Bricktown, Core to Shore, river development and FC improvements are needs. This is just a huge unexpected cherry on a sundae, along with the NBA (If the current mess works out).

I wouldnt loose any sleep over it. Devon chose a "dream team".
Look over the resume which is extremely impressive. They matched the developer with Pick ard and Chilton. The two teams have worked together before and are expected to produce something special.
Property Search : Hines Interests

Some examples by the architects.

The twin towers in Malaysia.... I would love to see something like this, but on a smaller scale.

"Devon picks world leading architects".

“We've had the good fortune to be involved in projects that came to symbolize cities and countries,” Chilton said. “It's a road we've been down before. This project raises all that to a new level for us.”

NewsOK Mobile

Old 06-04-2008, 03:50 PM

41 posts, read 180,669 times
I'm so impatient. Happytown, you seem to know a lot, how long do you think it would take a skyscraper of 40 stories to construct. No need for variables...just if everything went perfect? I know thats hard to even guesstimate at since every skyscraper is different. I say two three years?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010grad View Post
I'm so impatient. Happytown, you seem to know a lot, how long do you think it would take a skyscraper of 40 stories to construct. No need for variables...just if everything went perfect? I know thats hard to even guesstimate at since every skyscraper is different. I say two three years?
It will be more than 40 stories and around 700ft. if they keep to their original plans. I imagine it will take probably 2-3 yrs. like you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City