Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2014, 11:26 PM

87 posts, read 140,754 times

Advertisements

I own a vacation home in Ohio
The state is in major transition, people crying about the unavailable jobs are clueless , lack of wealth is not a reality
So here are the facts .......
Ohio has new millionaires every day due to the Marcellus and Utica Shell Natural gas and Oil Deposits
Jobs in the energy sector are everywhere and pay well
Housing of all types is available
Hotels , restaurants are at full capacity
This trend will continue to keep Ohio economically sound for generations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 01:03 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,183,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I don't get the appeal of Florida whatsoever. Jesus there are a lot of old people.
And, they're the ones who essentially moved someplace with each other to die. When I hit that point in my life, that will be the last thing I'll want to do.

Old 03-25-2014, 04:33 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,855,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
For all the talk about weather, almost no one actually moves for it. Unless you're retired and have plenty of money to actually make a climate-based move, it just doesn't happen. Between 35,000-45,000 people move in the US annually, and a climate-based move accounts for just a few hundred of them, or a fraction of 1%.

Besides, let's be honest: You have to actually live in the South to have their weather (whose champions always seem to conveniently forget that they're just trading one extreme for another), and no matter what anyone says, the North's level of culture, education, tolerance, etc. is simply much better. No palm trees or 80 degrees in January will ever make up for that.
My adult son and I want to move to San Diego,CA expressly for the perfect climate and being able to enjoy the outdoors year round.Plus there is so,so,so much more to do there than in Ohio and don't have to drive in crappy weather to get there,or worry about falling on ice when you walk around.

Another thing to hate about one of the worst sports cities in America though... is the sports fans ,especially the Cleveland Browns football fans,who start chanting "Superbowl,Superbowl,Superbowl" with the first touchdown in the first preseason game! What kind of dimwit wants to root for losers that have never even made it to the Superbowl?

My son and I detest Cleveland fans,and would have far more respect for those who join in the celebrating if they ever make it to a championship,than those who root for non-deserving teams for no other reason than because they live here!

Maybe if they stop cheering... these sorry a** teams would work harder to make it happen,ya think?

BTW, I pasted the stuff about the Browns fans from another post of mine,because I couldn't stomach having to write it again!

Old 03-25-2014, 05:11 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,091,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
My adult son and I want to move to San Diego,CA expressly for the perfect climate and being able to enjoy the outdoors year round.Plus there is so,so,so much more to do there than in Ohio and don't have to drive in crappy weather to get there,or worry about falling on ice when you walk around.

Another thing to hate about one of the worst sports cities in America though... is the sports fans ,especially the Cleveland Browns football fans,who start chanting "Superbowl,Superbowl,Superbowl" with the first touchdown in the first preseason game! What kind of dimwit wants to root for losers that have never even made it to the Superbowl?

My son and I detest Cleveland fans,and would have far more respect for those who join in the celebrating if they ever make it to a championship,than those who root for non-deserving teams for no other reason than because they live here!

Maybe if they stop cheering... these sorry a** teams would work harder to make it happen,ya think?

BTW, I pasted the stuff about the Browns fans from another post of mine,because I couldn't stomach having to write it again!
You sound like a pretty negative and unhappy person in general. Why else would anyone hold that much hate for a place over such trivial things as sports and weather. San Diego won't change that, but I have no doubt you'll tell yourself it has. I don't think anyone in Cleveland will miss you.

Old 03-25-2014, 06:17 PM

Anyone else see the irony in the screen name vs. the desired destination?

Old 03-25-2014, 07:00 PM

11,076 posts, read 12,477,835 times
Every morning I wake up and instantly think about how the Browns haven't won a super bowl.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Every morning I wake up and instantly think about how the Browns haven't won a super bowl.

When you get this fan-crap year-round in the Cleveland area,it tends to get on your last nerve. Our media tends to waver almost daily,from rooting for the teams to villifying them,lol!

The weather here sucks pretty much always[except in autumn,hence the username],spring is too wet,summer is too nasty-humid,and winter isn't always severe,but it most certainly can be!There is very short transitions of the seasons,one pretty much goes suddenly into the next.

With my dad being career Air Force,we lived all over the western US,Tucson,AZ, and WY.were my favorite places,but when I married a serviceman, I ended up in OH, in '68,after his 4 years were up.Never liked the climate here from the first year,after discovering humidity.

Old 03-26-2014, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
Anyone else see the irony in the screen name vs. the desired destination?

Autumn is just the best this crap hole has to offer,and usually it is disappointedly far too short,but who needs autumn in SD,when the climate will be perfect YEAR ROUND,LOL!

Old 03-26-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Autumn is just the best this crap hole has to offer,and usually it is disappointedly far too short,but who needs autumn in SD,when the climate will be perfect YEAR ROUND,LOL!
"Perfect" for what? Your career prospects as a grammar student?

Old 03-26-2014, 05:44 AM

11,076 posts, read 12,477,835 times
Quote:
Autumn is perfect. San Diego doesn't have it. You people and your weather obsessions will never cease to amaze me. There's so much more to life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio