Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2013, 07:58 AM

11,078 posts, read 12,549,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
^ Im sorry you guys have your panties in a bunch about my belief that being gay is NOT NORMAL.. im truly sorry but really don't care . im not putting you down or trying to put the lifestyle down.. science suggests something is "off" during the development of the fetus.. in Africa the "gaY" animals are considered the weak species and are eaten. whatever, im done with this conversation.. a few of you have shown anyone that disagrees with gay being normal is "backwards". I however think putting a penis in a vagina is more normal then putting a penis in a mans arse. have a good day.
I'm sorry for getting your panties in a bunch for my belief that you're a bigot.

Oh wait, not really a belief. I think your posts can serve as evidence to support that claim.

I don't think you know what evidence is. Go back to your cave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 09:26 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
^ Im sorry you guys have your panties in a bunch about my belief that being gay is NOT NORMAL.. im truly sorry but really don't care . im not putting you down or trying to put the lifestyle down.. science suggests something is "off" during the development of the fetus.. in Africa the "gaY" animals are considered the weak species and are eaten. whatever, im done with this conversation.. a few of you have shown anyone that disagrees with gay being normal is "backwards". I however think putting a penis in a vagina is more normal then putting a penis in a mans arse. have a good day.
What science says any of that? The latest headline from the Family Research Council doesn't exactly qualify. And you attempting to play the victim is laughable, but not unexpected. You went out of your way to say something offensive and discriminatory about millions of people without a single shred of evidence to back up the claims, and then when you're called out on it, you try to take your ball and run under the guise of being discriminated yourself. You breaking down the entirety of human sexual orientation to a single sexual act (which btw, lesbians don't usually do and most straight people do) says all anyone really needs to know about your position and just how ridiculous it really is.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:51 AM

3,530 posts, read 5,045,097 times
^ I really think that you and other gay forum-members are trying way too hard to defend homosexuality, since discussion of it entered through the "back door," sending this thread offtrack. Therefore, homosexuality shouldn't be a part of this discussion. Please reread the OP's original request and recenter.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:31 PM

The OP's original request was kind of ridiculous.

Old 11-16-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
The OP's original request was kind of ridiculous.
Maybe it was or wasn't, but--in all fairness--was it originally concerned with homosexuality?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Maybe it was or wasn't, but--in all fairness--was it originally concerned with homosexuality?
No, it definitely was ridiculous. There is no hope of Ohio splitting up. This kind of thread lends itself almost immediately to other things. Bound to happen. Who cares?

Old 11-16-2013, 01:11 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,149,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
^ I really think that you and other gay forum-members are trying way too hard to defend homosexuality, since discussion of it entered through the "back door," sending this thread offtrack. Therefore, homosexuality shouldn't be a part of this discussion. Please reread the OP's original request and recenter.
?? I didn't realize that one had to be gay to believe in equality for them or the science of biology. Second, I know it's very much not part of the original question, but it did naturally progress from the idea that splitting the 3-Cs was a good idea because of differences in beliefs regarding social issues like gay marriage. Not exactly the first time a thread turned into something else on the internet, though.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
?? I didn't realize that one had to be gay to believe in equality for them or the science of biology. Second, I know it's very much not part of the original question, but it did naturally progress from the idea that splitting the 3-Cs was a good idea because of differences in beliefs regarding social issues like gay marriage. Not exactly the first time a thread turned into something else on the internet, though.
Well then, if all this be true, I just want you to know that long, long ago ago many of my HS-buddies and I were stance patrons of the downtown Cincy "Gayety Burlesque" theater on Vine St! (Now, in this latest, contorted dialogue, doesn't this latest revelation count for something?) Oh, then again, maybe I do understand and thus I understand why it doesn't.

Last edited by motorman; 11-16-2013 at 02:46 PM..

Old 11-16-2013, 05:24 PM

243 posts, read 454,026 times
I love all you Clevelanders (and jbcmh81) right now. Living in SW suburban Ohio, it's nice to see that so many people readily and proudly stand up against such backward, prejudiced, bigoted, irrational thinking.

To keep it on topic: If in the future we find that this very unlikely event is possible, I hope the 3C's would choose to stay together rather than split apart. If Ohio is ever going to change some of the ridiculously conservative and frankly stupid laws it has passed, we need every educated, rational, non-religion controlled progressive vote; we need the cities to counter balance the conservative-stuck-in-the-last-century voters that are coming overwhelmingly from the suburbs and rural areas.

If somehow I woke up tomorrow and SW Ohio was cut off politically from our northern neighbors, I'd immediately start to find ways to move north. Suburban/rural morals and "lifestyles" down here would push our new region into some hyper-conservative right wing Christian paradise with schools spewing creationism and Bible thumper politicians passing laws unchecked, save for the few progressive people who could be elected in newly drawn districts. I generally say nice things about Dayton and I love the city of Cincinnati (my favorite C), but the truth is I like sharing my Ohio identity with Columbus and Cleveland as well.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:32 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,391,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I'm sorry for getting your panties in a bunch for my belief that you're a bigot.

Oh wait, not really a belief. I think your posts can serve as evidence to support that claim.

I don't think you know what evidence is. Go back to your cave.
read my previous posts . nowhere did I say anything against gay lifestyle or against gays.. I simply stated being gay is NOT THE NORM. less then 10% of the population is gay, which in my mind is considered the minority. how does (maybe) 10% become the NORM? but my belief has caused many of you posters to call me backwards , a bigot and tell me how religion has it wrong. (all opinions with no fact to prove or disprove your responses). JBC, I am not crying the victim or backtracking. I stand by my belief. last time I checked this is America and freedom of speech is still alive and well. (oh, I forgot you jbc, you live in Mexico, maybe you forgot about free speech).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio