Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 PM

104 posts, read 172,216 times

Advertisements

I live in Bristow and I think it's a great place for a family. You can get to the hospital from here in about 20-25 minutes using Sudley manor Dr. and everything from here to there is pretty nice IMO, I think that wherever you choose you will be close enough to your work. I know there is traffic at times, but I would just take a day and drive around the whole area to get to know it better and you will get the feel of which area you prefer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2012, 02:00 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,353,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CleoShahateet View Post
I live in Bristow and I think it's a great place for a family. You can get to the hospital from here in about 20-25 minutes using Sudley manor Dr. and everything from here to there is pretty nice IMO, I think that wherever you choose you will be close enough to your work. I know there is traffic at times, but I would just take a day and drive around the whole area to get to know it better and you will get the feel of which area you prefer.
How slow are you driving that it takes 20-25 minutes to get to the hospital? Unless you're going in the middle of snowstorm it shouldn't take anywhere near that time.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:46 PM

429 posts, read 959,390 times
I agree. I can make it from Sudley to Linton Hall in 10 minutes, with traffic.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:20 PM

144 posts, read 335,332 times
I too am looking to move back to Manassas by the end of the year and have looked at all those apartment complexes you mentioned... I also made a post on here looking for similar info that you asked for. I actually used to live in Sunnygate Village when I was a little kid but I don't think I would go back there again. I also lived in the Point at Bull Run (back when it was Carlyle Station) and I liked it there...but the parking is really bad.

We're actually looking on the more "Wellington" side of Manssass... The main road in Manassas (234) is really nasty traffic wise and I want to stay away from it if possible. I also found the apartments in Manassas to be cheaper than those in Gainesville.

I am leaning toward Wellington Place.

Old 06-23-2012, 12:49 PM

7 posts, read 24,739 times
Thanks for the updates everyone. I really appreciate it! Thanks Cleo I'll look more into the Bristow area and Thanks Amy I'll look into the wellington area also. Everyone has been a great help. No update on the Job though and am getting worried. Hopefully it will all work out.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:19 AM

162 posts, read 361,442 times
I used to live in Ravens Crest. It was nice, although that was back in 2004. It was nice to take back roads to The school I worked at. From there, you can take back roads almost all the was to the hospital. If you are single and working in Manassas,
I'd stay as close to work as possible. that will help you save more, which you said you would like to do.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:27 AM

7 posts, read 24,739 times
So some good news. Found out earlier this week that i got the job and what's even better is that the pay is mid 60s much higher than anticpated! I'm so excited! Not sure about the anticpated start date. They will pay for a house/apartment hunting trip, so i'm looking to fly out there for a 3-5 day trip soon. Thanks again to everyone on here.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:55 AM

4,494 posts, read 8,221,726 times
Congrats and welcome to the area.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:51 AM

162 posts, read 361,442 times
Congratulations. Now you will have the opportunity to live in a nicer place and still same some money.

Old 10-03-2012, 05:30 PM

6 posts, read 11,623 times
I am also looking to rent an apartment in Manassas or anywhere within a 20 minute commute, and wanted to get some opinions on the following apartment complexes. My primary concern is safety.

Manassas Meadows
Ashton Glen
Amberton
Maplewood Park
TGM Sudley Crossing

Any assistance would be appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia