Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 05:34 PM

2,473 posts, read 5,460,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
THIS IS NOT A PERSONAL ATTACK, {DISCLAIMER BEFORE SOME ONE TELLS}
OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! And I was JUST about to report you!!!

I can't rep either, so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 07:03 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,687,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
My question is why are people reporting people to the mods? I just see alot of disagreeing on here, but i honestly haven't seen anything that warrants a report to the mods, clue me in here
I agree with you Sues........for sure.
Mostly there were debates.......So what if they get a bit "strong"......
Really......So what....
I have to note also.......I am a big time rule follower. I rarely bend a rule ever....
But, disagreements are just that....We should be able to handle it.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:08 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,687,329 times
BTW ...Its so nice to see everyone again.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,108,298 times
Psssssttt, The sub-forum will never be the same, you will not bring back its former glory of free debate and heated opinions. It is what it is. A few posters came in and a new mod. The moderation of the forum is subjective to the moderator.

The posters that have joined in the last year had a few who liked to whine and complain and yet some of them are not even here now. The main posters like myself don't have the desire to be involved that much of late because lets face it any interesting topic that has nothing to do with Pocono country place or where should I live in Scranton(That one is my favorite) is usually locked down or edited.

What hasn't changed is that some are the constant victim of the world and accept no responsibility for their own behavior and others, well they just like to beeech alot about nothing.

As far as reporting posts, that in itself is honestly pathetic, its a website, a forum who cares that others call you names or get on your case, if you walked away from the screen thinking about it or dwelling on what somebody said to you on the net you have some serious personal issues and social problems.

Paul I highly doubt that you are remotely qualified or educated to determine which of us have has mental issues in this world, your inability to handle life's problems without throwing a fit is probably why your in therapy.

Now please let this thread die so the board can go back to being a snooze fest.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:32 PM

936 posts, read 2,400,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
Well, Karen, you made it no secret I'm the person in particular you are referencing, and I hope you'll never someday have to deal with people sending you all sorts of harassing e-mails, stalking you onto multiple forums, creating fictitious Facebook accounts, threatening your job, etc., etc. because then maybe you wouldn't be so quick to condemn. This has grown to be MUCH more severe than just "innocent fun." These people potentially even know where I live, and I've grown so paranoid now I look everywhere when I'm coming and going. Judging by what I experienced in a fracas involving the police on the NoVA sub-forum and what I've witnessed from the city council meetings in Scranton there are PLENTY of people who can't keep Internet squabbles ONLINE.
I have never experienced anything that you described, and I can understand frustation that you are having. My question to you is...Why do you post so much of your personal information? You cannot expect to open up your life as you do and not have anyone respond negatively. I am not condoning what people have done to you by no means but you should keep your business private. I know more about your life than I do about my closest friends. You can be informative without telling too much private stuff!

I dont post on here much any more and its because alot of the people cannot accept someone elses opinions. They just dont get it (and probably never will) that their opinion is just that "their opinion". I was tired of being ridiculed for having my own way of thinking. So I decided to bow out. I do like alot of the people that come on here but there are a few that think what they say is rule....

Old 04-27-2010, 07:38 PM

936 posts, read 2,400,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
As far as reporting posts, that in itself is honestly pathetic, its a website, a forum who cares that others call you names or get on your case, if you walked away from the screen thinking about it or dwelling on what somebody said to you on the net you have some serious personal issues and social problems.
Well in my opinion nobody should call ANYONE NAMES. People that call other people names are the ones with serious personal issues and social problems!!! Come on do you really believe what you are writing?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:22 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,344,941 times
So in other words, it's ok to break the rules as long as you don't agree with them Dan? Because, in essence, that is what you are saying.

It has nothing to do with having one's feelings hurt or whatever. It has everything to do with following the rules. But you conveniently deny that. Again, methinks the gentleman doth protest too much. If this board is such snoozefest - WHY ARE YOU STILL POSTING?

Old 04-27-2010, 09:06 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,774,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
BTW ...Its so nice to see everyone again.

OMG!! It's like an old family reunion here...Love it!

Thank You Paul for brining the old crowd back together again.

And may I add...I'm SHOCKED this thread is still here!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:14 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,785,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
OMG!! It's like an old family reunion here...Love it!

Thank You Paul for brining the old crowd back together again.

And may I add...I'm SHOCKED this thread is still here!
Yea, me too, usually this would of been closed a while back

Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,587,947 times
Well hello everyone! I like others simply got tired of too many threads and posts being deleted. Too heavily moderated, too many people reporting posts. Not a place I want to hang out anymore. I do read every once in a blue moon if I'm looking for specific information but really have no desire to actively participate here anymore. I am on FB though, and have enjoyed interacting with many of you there I ran into Rosanna at the Tunkhannock DMV about a month ago..that was cool! Hope you're all well...take care!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania