Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 14,500 times

Advertisements

We came this close to purchasing a foreclosure in Saw Creek Estates and the day before I signed the paperwork I read a bunch of stuff on here about the community having problems with gangs and section 8 housing. I'm looking for a nice community with amenities for our family to vacation in and also list as a vacation property on Airbnb.. of the three I mentioned which is best? What are some pros and cons and are there any others worth looking into in the poconos as well? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2017, 07:26 AM

2,771 posts, read 4,529,450 times
I posted this a few weeks ago. Not many replies. However, back then I also checked out "The Hideout". Let's just say the name says it all!

https://www.city-data.com/forum/north...enpaupack.html

Old 01-27-2017, 08:18 AM

1 posts, read 14,487 times
Hi Amanda,

My name is David Martin and I'm the General Manager of Saw Creek Estates. Please let me put you at ease regarding our community. I've been the on-site manager at Saw Creek Estates for more than 10 years. I can assure you there are no gangs in Saw Creek - none - and negative about subsidized housing are equally inaccurate. Saw Creek Estates is a great family-oriented community. One of the few true 4-season (you know we have a ski hill?) vacation/resort communities in the Poconos. We are also Airbnb-friendly. I invite you to contact our Member Services team to answer any questions you may have or to arrange a visit.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 03-30-2017 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: please do not post e-mail addresses on this site.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:54 PM

115 posts, read 163,198 times
PMLE !! has been great to me!

Old 01-28-2017, 11:21 AM

472 posts, read 778,712 times
I have to say Amanda Moon depending where you are coming from everything is relative. I bought my uncles house in Pocono Country Place, read the stories about the place you would rather walk through the Bronx naked at 2am with $100 bills taped to your body. Honestly in 7 years I have been coming and 2.5 years I bought my house and never a problem. People lost a lot of money in these communities before 2008 and most communities have problems. The problems are more dues going up every year services going down. Senseless spending by community administrations but in retrospect when you go to the community meetings it's the same 8 people there every month. People complain but they don't wanna put the effort in to make a difference. I been in Saw Creek I love it there because they have a lot. Indoor pools in winter and for when it's bad weather I want that where I am. Saw creek has some of the highest dues in the Poconos. Also note I'm gonna say it and some people won't like it but your families race matters. I am white but have black family members n the looks you sometimes get. I'm in a very racial mixed development and I love it. Our dues are high for the services in my opinion but I'm ok with it. I've done a great amount of research on this I will PM you.

Old 01-28-2017, 04:35 PM

676 posts, read 720,756 times
May I ask what is Airbnb? I have a house in the poconos and because my husband is quite, I will need to do something with the poconos house. I was thinking of selling but the Airbnb sparked my interest. Can you please tell me about it? Thanks

Old 03-19-2017, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 27,689 times
I recently moved to Bushkill..this is not for me... I don't drive and came here to make someone else happy.... I was thinking of moving to Milford as I really cannot afford going back to Brooklyn ... I don't want to live in the woods or communities.. I drove through Milford once at least the entrance of Milford and thought it would be better for me but wanted to take my daughter and granddaughter this time... Not sure based on what I am reading it will be a good place for me and especially for them... I would buy a house for us or rent an apartment depending on the location... I have to leave here any help would be greatly appreciated....

Old 03-25-2017, 09:05 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,019,347 times
I'm moving into hemlock farms. The dues are kinda high but there's a lot of amenities and as a full time resident, I think it's worth it. Also, the homes seem to be appreciating again.
There's quite a few homes for sale at different price points and some have the cabin vacation home look and some have the real home look.
I'm not sure about the short term rental income possibility but I see a few for yearly rental and it's not inexpensive so I'm guessing you can get a decent rate if you research the competition and price properly.

Old 04-03-2017, 06:44 AM

2 posts, read 27,689 times
thank you.. is hemlock farms a community in Milford? I guess a community is ok just I feel so cut off from things as it takes 30 minutes or more just to get out of the community area and into town... Just hard coming from Brooklyn... so used to alot of things that aren't here..

thank you...

Old 04-05-2017, 07:37 AM

2,509 posts, read 2,495,422 times
Hemlock Farms is nice. It won't solve your problem of feeling like you are out in the middle of nowhere. There isn't much around it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania