Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2010, 09:14 PM

656 posts, read 1,140,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap1 View Post
I am in my second yr . started 2nd yr in nov and opened new claim then and all has been well
So you must have just ran out of your UI.
I'll be in the same predicament that your in come May (IF) and when I don't have a job by then.
My 2nd year UI will run out and I won't be eligible for any extentions off of this new 2nd year UI because of insufficient wages in my base period.

I'll also have to have my tiers from year one pulled forward.
There's many of us on this thread in your exact same position.
Like i said this Feb date that had to be changed inthe system has pullforwards sort of on the back burner for awhile. At least until tier four gets going.
I think in the next couple of weeks it all should be back in place. It's along time to wait without a check, but there's really no other choice right now.
You can call Raleigh and ask them., they may have some more info, for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 11:50 PM

7 posts, read 13,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdljr View Post
Your rep was right, anyone who still has EB left (even in a previous benefit year) while waiting for Tier 4 programming to be done should be able to be drawing on it. Hopefully he can get it to set up for you (either brought forward from your previous benefit year or still sitting there on your current benefit year).

I will add, though, that some claims erroneously set up for EB prematurely it seems. Some people are not eligible to draw EB (those that have had an adjudicated issue and received a time certain disqualification). I have seen claims where EB is sitting there, but the folks are not eligible for it due to the disqualification.
Thanks for that information. I actually talked to two people one guy at the regular customer service number and one at the extensions benefits numbers. The first guy, John(refused to give his last name), was very rude. He just said, there's no money out there for you. I said that I knew there was a 4th tier I was eligible for. Then, he admitted as much and said just wait for the letter but don't backdate it when I receive it. He didn't explain it when I asked what he meant by backdate it. So, I asked him if he knew how long before the tier 4 would kick in, he said he didn't know, just wait for a letter. So, I asked him if there was anyone that did know or might have more information about it, he said, "Yea, you can talk to the president," and hung up on me.

The guy at the benefits extensions number was a little more helpful. He said tier 4 might kick in as early as next week or as late as the beginning of April. It seems odd to me that tier 4 was approved like last year but still hasn't been implemented yet, it's been like two and a half months. The only thing that's changed is the cutoff date has been extended. That's why I asked him about EB. I've never used it but saw it on the esc website. But, when you click the link to apply for it, it just takes you to apply for regular UI benefits. That didn't seem right to me since I already have a claim open or whatever. I haven't been notified of any disqualifications if I have any. The only other thing I asked was what to do once I get the tier 4 letter since I should be on EB when it arrives. He said he wasn't sure but thinks it will just override the EB benefits until the tier 4 runs out, then EB will kick back in.

Anyway, I hope that's helpful to someone else. It almost seems like they don't want people to know about EB. There's very little information about it on the website, and the information it does have hasn't been updated in at least over a year. The last thing I'll say about EB is they should update their job search requirements, it's almost unrealistic to have two "in-person" job searches because 9 out of 10 businesses will just tell you to go to their website to apply for a job. Does that count as in "in-person" contact? I mean if you go to a place and they tell you that. lol

Last edited by Krill; 03-11-2010 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: typing errors

Old 03-12-2010, 07:13 AM

12 posts, read 31,790 times
Talking I got paid!

hi Guys, jdljr and KC thanks for your replies

I got paid for the two weeks today. Whew. I did not keep my appointment, I called and canceled it and am working on my job search instead.

I have just figured out that I just started EUC08 Tier 1. According to the letter I received I am eligible for 16 weeks.

KC thanks for mentioning the forms to someone else - for the work search I have all my emails and job submissions for the past year but had no idea there was a form. I have my own log. So am completing those forms now.

You guys are the best I would be so lost without this thread and all the great info here.

I will be around too to help if I can.
Sue

Old 03-12-2010, 07:24 AM

177 posts, read 304,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krill View Post
Thanks for that information. I actually talked to two people one guy at the regular customer service number and one at the extensions benefits numbers. The first guy, John(refused to give his last name), was very rude. He just said, there's no money out there for you. I said that I knew there was a 4th tier I was eligible for. Then, he admitted as much and said just wait for the letter but don't backdate it when I receive it. He didn't explain it when I asked what he meant by backdate it. So, I asked him if he knew how long before the tier 4 would kick in, he said he didn't know, just wait for a letter. So, I asked him if there was anyone that did know or might have more information about it, he said, "Yea, you can talk to the president," and hung up on me.

The guy at the benefits extensions number was a little more helpful. He said tier 4 might kick in as early as next week or as late as the beginning of April. It seems odd to me that tier 4 was approved like last year but still hasn't been implemented yet, it's been like two and a half months. The only thing that's changed is the cutoff date has been extended. That's why I asked him about EB. I've never used it but saw it on the esc website. But, when you click the link to apply for it, it just takes you to apply for regular UI benefits. That didn't seem right to me since I already have a claim open or whatever. I haven't been notified of any disqualifications if I have any. The only other thing I asked was what to do once I get the tier 4 letter since I should be on EB when it arrives. He said he wasn't sure but thinks it will just override the EB benefits until the tier 4 runs out, then EB will kick back in.

Anyway, I hope that's helpful to someone else. It almost seems like they don't want people to know about EB. There's very little information about it on the website, and the information it does have hasn't been updated in at least over a year. The last thing I'll say about EB is they should update their job search requirements, it's almost unrealistic to have two "in-person" job searches because 9 out of 10 businesses will just tell you to go to their website to apply for a job. Does that count as in "in-person" contact? I mean if you go to a place and they tell you that. lol
According to everything I have read if you go to lets say target to apply and they tell you to go to their website You would write In person, Target, spoke to whoever, applied online as instructed. That should count.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:42 AM

86 posts, read 174,332 times
I was told that Tier 4 is NOT retroactive. I don't understand why Tier 3 was retroactive and Tier 4 is not.
We had to wait 5 months since the extension was passed and now it's not retroactive. what is the difference btw 3 and 4 ? Seems like another trick by the agency to keep earning the interest on the money and not pay unemployed.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:45 AM

86 posts, read 174,332 times
my friend is the Labor lawyer. i wonder if i take him and make an investigation on Tier 4 not being retroactive.
it seems to me , that by law, Tier 4 should go right after Tier 3 expired, and if it's not paid on time due to programming issues, it has to be backdated when the programming done. To me, it seems like a law, not a choice.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:19 AM

29 posts, read 57,921 times
i checked my claim profile today, and where it used to say "Benefits Exhausted", it now says "Regular Active Claim". I'm hopefully assuming that as a result of my call to the 866# this past tuesday (and whatever computer fixes that were necessary), my issue with transitioning to tier 2 has been resolved (fingers on both hands crossed!). maybe jdljr can confirm... anyway, i'll keep all posted, and continue to monitor this much needed forum - jdljr, like everyone here, i cannot begin to tell you how appreciated you are!!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suezq - NC View Post
hi Guys, jdljr and KC thanks for your replies

I got paid for the two weeks today. Whew. I did not keep my appointment, I called and canceled it and am working on my job search instead.

I have just figured out that I just started EUC08 Tier 1. According to the letter I received I am eligible for 16 weeks.

KC thanks for mentioning the forms to someone else - for the work search I have all my emails and job submissions for the past year but had no idea there was a form. I have my own log. So am completing those forms now.

You guys are the best I would be so lost without this thread and all the great info here.

I will be around too to help if I can.
Sue
Hey GREAT Sue!
What a relief!
So hopefully things are also on the move for everyone that's been in limbo!
Well any help you can offer here is appreciated.
JDLJR is so overloaded with some repetitive questions and after he works at the esc doing this all day, I'm sure it's overwhelming at times answering all of these posts in his "off" hrs.
whew!

I have learned so much from Jdljr and also reading lots of info. here and on the news ect.....
I only try to post things I'm fairly certain of, and if I don't know, I'll always say I'm just guessing(ha)
Keep us updated as you progress and Goodluck on your job searches!

Old 03-12-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskin View Post
According to everything I have read if you go to lets say target to apply and they tell you to go to their website You would write In person, Target, spoke to whoever, applied online as instructed. That should count.
I agree with Jskin, if they tell you to go to their website as ALOT of employers do, then that's an in person contact.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2009 View Post
I was told that Tier 4 is NOT retroactive. I don't understand why Tier 3 was retroactive and Tier 4 is not.
We had to wait 5 months since the extension was passed and now it's not retroactive. what is the difference btw 3 and 4 ? Seems like another trick by the agency to keep earning the interest on the money and not pay unemployed.
I've also heard that it won't be retro'd.....?
I'm trying to find somewhere to read the reason "why"???
I can't find anything other than the NO retro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina